Top tips for pregnancy body changes
Skincare expert Bio-Oil has collected first-hand knowledge from mums across the UK to share with you during your pregnancy in the Little Book Of Mum To Mum Pregnancy Advice. The pocket-sized guide covers everything from how to keep your pregnancy a secret in the early days, to how to embrace your baby-bearing body in a collection of top-tips and anecdotes from UK mums. To download the Little Book Of Mum To Mum Pregnancy Advice visit the new pregnancy tab on the Bio-Oil Facebook page, here: http://on.fb.me/OzKLFA
Bio-Oil understands that stretch marks affect the majority of new mothers and midwives say it’s common for women to feel worried about developing them with almost a third (28%) saying that they frequently see mothers with low body confidence or self-esteem as a result of their stretch marks. Over half recommend women use good quality topical oils during and after pregnancy to help reduce the appearance of scarring and stretch marks.
Practising midwife Hannah Challen comments, “Women need to be kinder to their bodies after birth, and be realistic about giving themselves time to recover. Exercise and a balanced diet will help post-pregnant bodies get back into shape, but try and give yourself a realistic time frame to do this in. Keeping your bump moisturised by applying a topical oil, such as Bio-Oil, during and after pregnancy will also help lessen the appearance of scars and stretch marks.”
Expert skincare from Bio-Oil
The Bio-Oil formulation is designed to maximise the skin’s elasticity, helping to prevent the appearance of stretch marks. It combines some of the most important skincare ingredients including vitamin A and E with Calendula, Lavender, Rosemary and Chamomile oils, plus the unique ingredient, PurCellin Oil™. PurCellin Oil™ creates a dry non-greasy oil which ensures the ingredients are absorbed deep into the skin, where they can provide targeted treatment.
Alongside the ingredient, PurCellin Oil™, Bio-Oil’s key ingredients include:
• Vitamin A – helps improve the skin’s elasticity, texture and tone
• Vitamin E – The most widely used antioxidant in skincare products today, Vitamin E increases the moisture content of the epidermis, thereby making the skin softer, smoother and more supple. Vitamin E also assists in the maintenance of healthy-looking skin
• Calendula Oil – Calendula Officinalis, more commonly referred to as marigold, has been used for centuries as a natural antioxidant and has the ability to clarify and stimulates the growth of new skin cells
• Lavender Oil – Lavender oil is widely known for calming and soothing benefits
• Rosemary Oil – Rosemary oil helps to invigorate and it has a mild antiseptic capabilities and thus eases congestion, puffiness and swelling of the skin
• Chamomile Oil – Chamomile has a calming and soothing effect and is particularly beneficial for sensitive skin