forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Baby

Baby Food

5 messages
02/07/2007 at 12:52
Hi,

Has anyone got any good baby food recipes they can recommend because my 10month old son I am sure would like to try something new!

02/07/2007 at 23:46
My sister gave her daughter mild, home made curry from under a year old and she loves it.
Really can try any recipe from a book and just adapt it for babies, eg remove nuts, added salt etc.

Em x
03/07/2007 at 12:43
I used to give my daughter everything we had but put it through a blender first or mashed it up.I left salt out of everything and it doesnt take a minute to take a bit out of each pan of whatever you're making and put it into a bowl and mash it.

My daughters favourite was chicken casserole-i would blend half a chicken breast with some of the sauce so it was mushy but the carrots i would just lightly mash with a fork to get her used to chewing a little and mix it all together. I would do the onions in a different pan the just mix them in for us when my daughters share was taken out.

I think its a waste of time cooking different meals so i just blended everything we had.

hope this helps,

lynsey x x
03/07/2007 at 20:13
Hi Emma,
I think I will give the curry a miss, I don`t think my little one would eat them just yet, but your other suggestion I will try.

take care

Peapod xx
03/07/2007 at 20:34
Hi Mummy,
How are you feeling, I hope not so tearful? By the way good luck on the 9th hope everything goes well I will be thinking of you!

You have given me some good ideas, up to now i have been spending ages over the stove cooking batches of well you can imagine!!!

Your idea will save me alot of time as you know time is precious with little ones about, I should remember these ideas because i probably did it when my older son was a baby he has just turned 5 last Thursday.

Take care

Peapod xx
First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
5 messages
Sign me up!