forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Baby

Breast to Formula

4 messages
18/02/2009 at 20:11
Hi
I have a 15 week old baby girl, she was breast fed up until she was 12 weeks, I put her on cow & gate newborn formula milk, she was very colic and her poo was pastel green with it, HV advised me to try cow & gate comfort, so I did. she is not as colic wiht this but her poo is still green and now smelly.I have taken her to the doctors who said it is normal, I'm not convinced!!! she has started vomitting now. I don't know what to do.I am very worried. has anyone else experienced this? or is this normal?

Thanks
Naz
18/02/2009 at 21:27

the green poo is normally a sign of colic however it normally stops at 12 week. Have you tried using colief with her feeds ?

if you are worried ask for a stool test doing. Babies poo on formul is different to breastfed babies. Does she have water too to drink?

19/02/2009 at 15:04
Hi Caz

I have been giving her gripe water, and I also give her upto 3 oz of water a day. I have sent her stools off already, just waiting for the results!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the reply back
10/03/2009 at 11:28
Hi all
just to let you know I have changed baby Aaminah's milk as the doctor recommended it to aptamil and her poo has changed to normal.
Thought I would share this, as they may be someone experiencing the same problem.
Naz
First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
4 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?