forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Baby

Lumpy & Finger food probs

6 messages
07/04/2007 at 12:29
Hi

My LO is 8 months old and cannot take lumpy or finger foods at all without being sick. We have tried, steamed carrots & brocolli, Biscotti, organix rusks,toast & rice cakes. I have also tied her on Stage 2 jars but she is sick with those as well. The food i cook for her is mashed potato consistancy & is ok but it seems to be lumps that are the problem. Everyone else seems to be able to sit and eat biscuits etc with no probs. anyone been in this sitch b4?
07/04/2007 at 18:31
Hi Debbie,

have a chat to your gp, is she gaining weight? sometimes they just like to rule out coeliac disease, which is everything gluten related.

my friend just found out her 10 month old is a coeliac,they just altered her diet and now she is like a different baby

they might give her some basic allergy tests too to see what foods she is senditive to.

my son is six months and i have just started to wean him and he chucks back even the liquid foods, i think it takes time.

if your really concerned mention it at her baby clinic or see the GP.
xxxxxxxxxxx
07/04/2007 at 21:38
Thanks for your reply. I dont think it is a problem with gluten (thankfully) as she can eat porridge and rusks etc when they are mixed with milk. It just seems to be the lumps or finger foods getting stuck in her throat and then causing her to cough and be sick. The HV said to keep on trying (easier said then done when you have to do a full change of clothes, clean the floor etc). I just wondered how long it might take to improve.
08/04/2007 at 17:23
i know what you mean, harry struggles with anything not remotley pureed, and i feel terrible for picking bland coloures foods for him as the pots have stained a few of his outfits, like the bolognese or the casseroles, we have given him home made food too which doesnt seem as messy. im sure its like you said, it will improve with time.
11/04/2007 at 15:17
it might be worth a referral to your local speech and language therapist. THey deal with feeding problems also and lumpy foods is a relatively common problem that they may be able to advise you on.
10/05/2007 at 11:42
My lo is the same anything pureed he seems fine with it, anything lumpy then he just spits it out.
First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
6 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...