forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Baby

sleeping help

6 messages
07/05/2009 at 11:01
hi all i was wondering if any could help my son will not sleep though the night any more he wakes about 3 times a nite he nearly five months old he used to sleep though but now he stoped can anyone help to make him sleep for longer ???? he has a bottle b4 bed 8oz drinks all of it and still wakes
09/05/2009 at 18:39

Hi Hayley

Poor you, you must be so tired. My daugher (now 11 months) went through a phase of waking every night at 3.30am(thankfully she would only wake once then go back to sleep), this lasted about a month and a half and then she seemed to stop. When this was happening my hv suggested giving her a bottle if water when she wakes rather than milk as she thought maybe she was just waking out of habit. It didn't work for me but might be worth a try for you. 

Hope your LO sleeps through the night again soon 

Laura

09/05/2009 at 20:12
Hi Hayley have you started weening yet?
13/06/2009 at 09:47
Hi

i dont want to depress anyone but my son is nearly 11 months and still doesnt sleep through the night. i have tried every trick that i have ever heard to get him sleeping and nothing has worked for me. He wakes at least once but mostly 2/3 times a night and then is up for the day at 5am.

i have only just given up on trying to get him to sleep. So anymore ideas will be good if i can find any i havent tried
14/06/2009 at 09:29

hi hayley when your baby turns 6 months you could try cow and gate good night milk, it really worked for me. liam has slept throu from about 6 weeks but when i put him in his own room he kept waking around 4-5 for cuddles. now he sleeps 8-7 again. its a really thick milk, if you do decide to give it a ago you need a fast flow teat otherwise they cant get it out of the bottle. i didnt realise this and the first time i gave him it he couldnt get it out, bless him lol.. and it also might be time to start weaning

good luck luv vicky and liam

14/06/2009 at 22:29
Laura- do you still give your daughter milk during the night? i noticed william isnt much younger than isla and william refuses to give up his milk. i have tried water and just cuddles but after nearly an hour of crying i gave him a bottle and he settled himself as usual. Although william wakes he will settle himself quickly but only with milk otherwise he screams for hours. He is fully weaned and has one other bottle of milk with his morning nap about 930am, all his bottles are 8oz.
First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
6 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...