forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Baby

When did your baby started teething?

7 messages
03/12/2007 at 19:11

Hiya,

My baby is only 7weeks old but I think she may be teething, however, everything I've read so far seems to indicate that babies dont start teething until they are about 4months? I would appreciate it if you could let me know when your baby started teething.

Thanks

03/12/2007 at 19:21

My first baby was born with a tooth, one of his fangs. He got his two bottom teeth when he was 12 weeks old. All babies are different, when I asked at the chemist I was told that babies are teething much younger now and so the age for bonjella has been reduced from 4 months to 2 months. If she is showing all the signs, then the chances are she will be teething.

Hope this helps x.

03/12/2007 at 22:34

Hi

My daughter showed all the signs of teething at about three months, chewing on her fist, red cheeks etc.. and she didn't get her first tooth till she was 1 year! Just have some bonjella ready just in case and they will come when they're ready x x

04/12/2007 at 18:54
Hi, my first son started teething at 8 weeks and he got his two bottom middle teeth by 12 weeks. I now have a 4 month son who is showing signs of teething but has no teeth yet. I have brought a gum massager from boots, it's great for rubbing sore gums and can be used to rub in teething gel.
x
04/12/2007 at 19:51

Hi nicola, sarah and rebecca

Thank you so much for your replies....it looks like she is teething.  I had a good examination of her mouth today and rebecca just like your son, you can see where they are coming through on her bottom middle 2.....just didnt expect it this early but i did manage to get some bonjela today (and your right nicola, the age on them is 2 months) and some teething rings (although they are way too big for her small mouth).

Thanks again girls

02/01/2008 at 20:02

I think my son may be teething and he is only 9 weeks.  He has been really irritable lately and has been slavering like mad.  He is constantly chewing his fist and hs a little rash on his bum but cannot benappy rash as he only does one poo a day and is changed immediately.

The strange thing is that its the top tooth that looks as though its coming in.  I was taking the dummy out of his mouth and there was blood on it, when I checked his mouth a wiped the blood away from his top gum there was a small white mark, I tried rubbing this away but it wouldn't budge - it is sharp when you touch it.

He seems to have settled dwn now though.

20/01/2008 at 10:16
my baby is 10 months old and still hasnt got any teeth i was worried so asked my health visitor was was wrong with him, she said not to worry all babies develop at different times and that her daughter didnt get teeth till she was 13 months old, so dont worry.
First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
7 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...