forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Birth Groups

August '09 Mummys and Babies

821 to 840 of 842 messages
05/01/2010 at 19:13

I know its hard to believe that their first year is half way through. Reggie will be 6 months on the 23rd. Though I have just put him in 6-9 month cothes and they are already geting tight, where has my tiny baby gone?

Furball, work already? I dont think I could do it. I cant get through the door on a morning, I just stay in now lol, its not worth the hastle going out.

05/01/2010 at 21:37

Jenna was 4 months on Christmas eve and was already in 6-9 months clothes. She weighs 19lb. What a fatty!! Actually although she's nice & chubby she's long too. She also got her first tooth at the weekend. I started weaning her on New Years eve as she's feeding every 4 hours in 24, 7oz bottles of hungry baby milk and draining the majority. She's just so hungry!!

Hope you're all well. Happy New Year xx

06/01/2010 at 15:38
we had the joys of snow for a change and i walked aaron for his first day of school to be told it was closed try again tom.ben is now 14lb and chris is just over 15 as for there clothes they are long babies and nearly into 9-12 months as for 6-9 they have already grown out of some of it . and we had enough smow in the garden for a snowman yay had fun making it with aaron throwing snow down my neck
06/01/2010 at 16:26

I cant wait to see what Reggie weighs, I was going to the clinic today but didn't dare with all of this snow, he has grown so much. I cant believe Jenna has her first tooth already, I dont think Reggie will be long in getting his.

Furball, my boys were off school today too, a shame he had to come back home on his first day though. Was he disappointed? We have a big snowman in our garden, he has been there since before christmas. I had no part in making him though, I left that to the men.

06/01/2010 at 18:57

i get the boys weghed on a monthly basis now chris has his first tooth now waiting for ben to catch up .

aaron was a bit dissapinted that he could not go to school today not a lot you can do about that once he is settled i can start getting work sorted out and child care for them all at least mum is here so i have a chance of not paying for childcare see how it all works out .

i live by the seaside and we tend not to get snow so i relish it and turn into a child again

08/01/2010 at 10:08
I usually get Reggie weighed once a month too but have not been for a while. I got to busy with christmas. I was going to go on wednesday but there was too much snow. Loos like it is still going to be here next week too. According to his chart, if he has followed his centile line, he should be about 19lb but I think he is probably more than that. I might put him on the wii fit, lol.
13/01/2010 at 19:49
ben has a tooth as well now ,aaron is happy at school , i am starting work on the 8th of feb and back to fitness again it has sufferd in the last 9 months ,i have left myself enough time to sort out childcare ,i get all happy and excited at each day as it is a day closer to work .aaron is giving me my own zoo in stuffed toys
14/01/2010 at 10:14

You well and truly have things sorted. What line of work are you in? I was thinking of doing a course in september. I have always worked in retail, my last job was at coast (the clothes shop) I enjoyed working there, I love fashion and clothes but I want a job that is more family friendly, in retail, the busiest times are when the kids are off ie. weekends/christmas. A part time job that is between monday-friday and have christmas holidays would be perfect

15/01/2010 at 19:09
ben is not to well at the moment he has a cough that has gone bronchial poor boy having to give him steam treatment to help him shift it should be better in a few days hopefully . i am a postlady i miss talking to all my old dears on the post round the post may not be early but they love a happy face and a natter
16/01/2010 at 10:03

Poor Ben, I hope he gets better soon. Dylan used to suffer with croup, I had to use steam treatment on him. The other 2 boys have had it too but not like he used to.

We still have no teeth at this end, he is teething like mad though. I hope it's not long!

Sounds like you enjoy your job! I think I would like that too! Bet it's not nice in the snow though. It has all just about melted round here, I never thought I could ever be so happy to see pavement, lol. I might be able to get out and have Reggie weighed this week if it stays away!

20/01/2010 at 17:37

Well I eventually had Reggie weighed today and he is 19lb 6oz. He has gone from just above the 50th line to just below the 91st. I knew he had grown fast.

I got him one of them bumbo seats today, I think they cost way too much for what they are but he seems to like it. I supose it's worth it if it keeps him happy.

01/02/2010 at 16:53
We now have 2 teeth, his 2 bottom ones came through at the same time. Think there will be more not far behind.
02/02/2010 at 13:59
Hi everyone,

I was on this thread when it first started but havnt been back on here since my lil boy was born in Aug. Hope you dont mind me jumping back in after all this time!!!
Jenson was born on 30th Aug, 8lb 13oz!! I also had a 15 month old at the time and a 7 and a 9 year old so ive been very busy!!!! Now he is 5 months an Millie is 20 months its not quite so hectic and im starting to have few mins to spare now and then if they nap together like now!!
Jens is 17lb 10 now, sleeps between 10 and 12 hours at night and 2-3 hours during the day. He can roll over, sit unaided, manouvers backwards (lol) and has his first tooth He is in general a haapy little chap but he is more of a moaner than his sister is!!
Ive found it very hard shifting the baby weight 4th time round - anyone else still struggling?? Thinks is down to just grabbing anything when i can!!
Well i hope you ladies and babies are all doing well and i hope i'll be able to speak to you more often

Luv Sazy, Mils and Jens xx
03/02/2010 at 11:10

Hi Sazy, welcome back

Little Jenson is doing well sitting unaided, Reggie is nowhere near that stage yet and he is over a month older, lol. 

I found it hard shifting the baby weight after my third, I got there in the end though, I lost 3st, I didn't do anything for the first year, as you said, it was a matter of grabbing anything you can when they are that little, after that I focused on it, I didn't join any club or anything though, I just done it myself. I had a tough pregnancy this time so had nothing to lose really. I dont recomend it though, lol.

15/04/2010 at 16:17

Hi, just thought I would pop on and see how everyone is getting on? Anyone thinking about the next one yet??? lol.

I just noticed in my last post that Reggie couldnt sit unaided. Well he still cant lol. He is a chubby little thing so I suppose that is why. He is more of a roller! He can get himself about on his tummy but he still is not crawling. Still no more teeth, just the cheeky 4. 

30/04/2010 at 19:49
hello how is everyone ,the twins are doing fine and growing fast ,9 months old i do not know where the time has gone .i am enjoying work agan been back 3 months now .i have been on the pill so i wont get pregnant and guess what i am pregnant waiting for a dating scan ,we need to get the house on the market soon so we can take my wages into account ,so things have gone a bit mad round here , how are all the little ones doing ? kate
01/05/2010 at 09:22

Oh wow, congratulations Kate. Thats brilliant news. You are going to have your hands full with twins and a new baby. It will be great! I have been feeling so broody lately, im a little jealous, lol.

Reggie had been ill all week, he must have picked up a bug from somewhere but I dont know where as no one else has had it? I have my suspicions that it must have been out of a restaurant high chair. I haven't had him weighed but he has lost so much weight. He had it for a full week and have had to put stool samples into the doctors. He is still not well but getting there. He seems so weak, I think he just needs building back up.

02/05/2010 at 19:37

midwife said i did well as i have one fallopian tube and was on the pill ,i am hoping it is not more then 1 this time as chris and ben are starting to roll and shuffle everywhere in oposite directions .

i hope reggie is feeling better soon as it is not nice when they are ill .kate and family

04/05/2010 at 17:25

You must be incredibly fertile, lol. The little bean is obviously meant to be if it got through all them obsticles.

Reggie is rolling everywhere too. He still cant sit up properly though. He is a very lazy baby. I think he finds i more interesting rolling and doesnt really have any interest in sitting. It must be hard work with two of them rolling opposite ways, lol.  

07/05/2010 at 19:23

i have a dating scan on monday ,my hubby is working so iwill be going on my own ,i am bricking it at the moment .

the twins passed there nine month healthcare visit the other day with flying colours .

821 to 840 of 842 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...
MadeForMums
Thinkbaby
Practical Parenting
Junior

Take a peek inside this month's magazine
FREE Baby Flannel plus FREE Thomas and Friends book
Find your nearest stockist here