forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Birth Groups

Due Aug 10'

1 to 20 of 78 messages
15/12/2009 at 19:15

Hey Ladies,

I can't see an August 10 board yet so thought I'd start one. I'm sitting here looking at my positive clearblue pregnancy test in disbelief! Its says I'm between 4 & 5 weeks...so still really early. Probably won't tell hubby until next week in case anything bad happens.

Feeling sick though already and fainted last monday at home...so I suppose it shouldn't be a shock really!! Would love to hear from other new mums due in Aug too. I have a 13 month old too...so I write on the Mummies of Oct 08 board aswell.

Fingers crossed for the next week or so...

16/12/2009 at 13:16

Yay sorry to gategrash but wanted to say.... YAY!!!

Keeping everything crossed for a healthy pregnancy and that Harrison has a perfect little brother/sister

16/12/2009 at 13:22

hi ya  can i join the Aug10 club ?

found out last week, its my 3 pregnancy but unfortuntly I lost the first one and the second was an ectopic so fingers cross and toes on this little one.

feeling sick already and shattered all the time, was in bed 9pm last night (party animal lol)

never had any symptoms in the last 2 so i'm hopeful

fingers crossed everyone xx

lizzy

16/12/2009 at 14:16

Hi there

I just started a thread for August 2010 but then saw this one so I thought I'd come on here instead, lol!

Congratulations you two!  I have a boy who is 15 months old now and I was on the September 08 board so quite similar to you Babydust!  We weren't actively trying for our second yet but hadn't been very careful and I've been broody for ages so it was just the practical side of things that had put us off trying again.  We're both very happy!

I'm not sure how far gone I am because I can't remember when my last period was but I'm guessing four or five weeks.  I'm going to see the doc on Thursday for something else so will pick up a form... when is it you get to see the midwife?  Is it 10 weeks?

Lizzy, I was sick loads for my first trimester last time and the midwife said it was a sign of a strong pregnancy so I think feeling sick must be a good sign   I'm in the same boat, feel terrible but no evidence as of yet.  Last time it was probably around 6 or 7 weeks before I started actually being sick so I'm envisaging the same again!

Well good luck to us all and hoping for happy and healthy pregnancies all round

Take care x

16/12/2009 at 19:57

Yayee I have new August friends Congrats Lizzy & Dawn

Hi Lizzy, so sorry to hear about your last 2 pregnancies. I lost my 1st pregnancy around 5 weeks too, so I'm going through exactly what you are right now! I've been falling asleep early evening on the sofa and waking up at 11pm! I've got this sick feeling in the back of my throat - gets worse in the afternoon, but have yet to be sick.

Hi Dawn, gosh thats mad you had your 1st in Sept 08 and I had H end of Oct!! We were the same, had a big chat over whether we wanted another, decided we did and stopped using contraception. I've basically fallen pregnant the 1st month which is great as it took us 3 yrs to fall with H.

Hubby doesn't know yet... I quite like it being a little secret of mine at the moment He took it so badly when I lost my 1st pregnancy (and I was only 4 1/2 weeks!) that I can't go through that again, so better to be safe than sorry!

Lovely 'meeting you both', fingers crossed we get through the next few weeks!! x

17/12/2009 at 07:16
Morning girls and congrats,
Got my 6 week email this morning telling me that the sickness will really kick in this week! (Can't wait LoL) oh and spots and bad wind haha my poor parnter! Not only am I crying all the time and have very painful boobs I'm going to smell too!

Hope your both well

Xxx
Bel
17/12/2009 at 12:09

Hey, Many congrats to you all on your pregnancies.  I have just taken a test this morning and much to my disbelief it has come up positive....only 1-2 weeks (I am very impatient)We have a son who will be 3 in February so it should be a completely different pregnancy this time around. 

Babydust - I wasn't going to tell my partner, but couldn't keep it in.  I really wanted to see his reaction because it was such an unexpected shock to him when we were expecting our first.  Lol - he thinks I should take another test before we know if it is true....but I thought there was no such thing as a false positive...am I wrong?

Bel xx

17/12/2009 at 18:31

Hi All

Congrats Bel!  I heard that too about a false positive test result... but then they are still "only" 99% accurate!  Lol.  I bought the cheapy ones from asda, two for a fiver, and both were positive!  I think maybe I just wanted to double check  and I think there's a certain amount of non belief that goes along with the whole thing as I've re read the instructions a few times to make sure I didn't get it wrong!  (It's not exactly rocket science!)

Not been feeling too bad today but have been having the strangest dreams and I seem to remember I had that last time.  My boobs don't seem huge or sore but then as it's not been long since Dylan I think they stretched so much that there's probably a bit of time before they get uncomfortable again!  My tummy is swollen quite a bit and I've been getting slight crampy pains which I remember from last time. 

Lol @ the wind thing!  I think I might keep that one to myself as OH already thinks I'm too windy!

I'm seriously wondering how far gone I am as I really can't remember my last period at all!  I think I might tell them it was the beginning of Nov if only to get the scan done quickly.... I seem to remember they were at the beginning of the month but then started to get a bit later so can't really be sure!

Hope you're all doing well!

x

17/12/2009 at 20:17

Dawn I saw your name and had to come and havce a nosey!  OMG, conrats hun, Dylan will be a big brother!  I've been really broody recently and a friend has just announced baby no 2 due in august too (I'll have to point her in the direction of this forum) but I'm trying to hold on for a bit longer, lol!

Congrats and good luck to everyone else

Gem and Freya

18/12/2009 at 11:33

Can I ask something really stupid??? sex is ok right? this early on... I'm so scared of doing anything that may harm the pregnancy

18/12/2009 at 14:13

Congratulations Bel, welcome to our board!  

Dawn I'm like you babes, not really sure how far I am although have a little idea. I think my due date is around the 22nd Aug from what I can gather. I remember having really vivid dreams when pregnant with H... hope they don't come back!!

Lizzy, sex is perfectly fine babes. I remember worrying about this with my 1st LOL! It might be a little uncomfortable as you might start getting "stretchy" type pains downstairs...I remember this was the 1st major thing for me last time, the the sick feeling, then the extreme tiredness. Get it while you can babes

Well I'm still pregnant, which is a good sign. Feeling really whoozy today, hope i don't pass out as I'm on my own this avo! Still feel sick, tired, and have tingly boobs - all really good signs so I shouldn't complain really! Hubby still doesn't know!! Thought about telling him on xmas morning, but then thought, that'll either make his xmas or ruin it! I'm sure it won't be the latter, LOL...

Right I'm off to get my hair done this avo at 3 as it's my works xmas party tonight. That'll be difficult trying to look like I'm drinking..I'm sure 1 wine will be fine though

20/12/2009 at 22:06

OMG I've turned into a psycho women, Dan don't seem to be able to do anything right but why dont he understand lol ahhhhh

not sure i'm liking the mood swings much hope I can take control back with them and it dont last the whole 9 months or I'll be a single mum.

how was the work do dusybaby? did you fool them?

20/12/2009 at 22:27

Hi all

Lizzy, I know what you mean about the mood swings!  I've been awful!  To be honest, I don't remember them from last time... I think maybe I was too busy worrying last time though and this time I'm a bit more relaxed but moody as hell!

Yeah how did the work's party go?

I remembered when my last period was and it was around about 2nd November so I think I'm about six weeks now.

I was sick for the first time yesterday but I've been ok today so fingers crossed!

Hope you've all had a great weekend.

Dawn x

21/12/2009 at 18:41

Hi

Works do was great, had a wine, but then drank coke and pretended it was a malibu & coke!!

I've not had mood swings, just a bit crampy...I think I'm 5 weeks now, so I've made it this far ok. Still haven't told hubby yet !! sick feeling has eased too, but boobs feel massive today LOL!

21/12/2009 at 22:22

Hiya

When I had my first baby Dylan I met some other Mums with babies the same sort of age through Netmums.  It was great to have some local friends for both of us.  It turns out that one of these friends has just found out she is now five weeks pregnant!  Great news! 

Have been sick a couple of times today, once in the car whilst driving in the snow... not nice! 

I'm glad you had fun at the works do Babydust... you're very good at keeping secrets obviously as I've already told quite a few people!  Lol.

Take care

x

23/12/2009 at 20:45

hi girls,

Hope your all ready for christmas with no drinking!!!!

Brought a new bra today..... amazing 34B to a 34E  OMG

24/12/2009 at 14:20

Lol, Lizzy... take my word for it, they get MUCH bigger!!

Hope you're all ok.  I've had a bit of spotting but remembering from last time I had a bleed around about this time of the pregnancy and a lot of my friends have had the same thing so I'm trying not to worry too much.  Also I think it may have just about stopped today so that's good.

Hope you all have a great Christmas and avoid everything nice!  Lol x

25/12/2009 at 23:05

Hi everyone im jennifer hope you dont mind me joining i have been reading the forum for a wee while i thought i might of been preg but waited till xmas day to comfirm it and tell family before i joined, i was on the due july forum in 2008 and was on ttc before concieving.

I am married have been for 2years now and have a daughter who is 18months really excited about being preg again and cant wait to get to 12wks.

i have been ill since last week with cold and been coughing like mad was a little scared that all the coughing might be makin my tummy tense to much just hope it doesnt affect baby.

Well look forward to getting to know you all and enjoying this amazing journey together.

Jennifer, libby and bump xx

28/12/2009 at 18:23

Merry Xmas all,

welcome Jennifer and congrats

Hope everyone and bumps are ok?

xx

29/12/2009 at 11:13

Hi girls its very quiet on here i tried to go onto other forums on babycentre but i dont like how its set up to here they have seperate posts for lots of things and you loose track doesnt seem as personal where as you get to know each other alot better on here and understand what were all going thro.

I Phoned my midwife today and have an app for 2moro for my bookin in app and then they will arrange when my first scan will be.

How is everyone else? x

1 to 20 of 78 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...
MadeForMums
Thinkbaby
Practical Parenting
Junior

Take a peek inside this month's magazine
FREE Baby Flannel plus FREE Thomas and Friends book
Find your nearest stockist here