forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Birth Groups

Due January 2012

17 messages
15/06/2011 at 11:43

Hi to all mums to be due in January 2012.

I know it's early days but just thought i'd start a thread and see if anyone else is going through the same pregnancy feelings as me. I am almost 11 weeks pregnant with my 1st baby and my due date is 5th January 2012.  My husband and i are actually living in the Costa del Sol, Spain although were from North East England, so Spain is where i will have my baby, eeek! 

So far the care i have received has been good, as i am on private health care i have had the benefit of having an 5 week internal scan where my baby was the size of a grain of rice and then an 8(nearly 9) week scan, i could clearly see arms and legs and it looked like a human, we could even hear it's heart beat so that was very reassuring and pretty amazing too. Next one is the big 12 week scan, providing all is ok we will tell everyone the news, family and close friends already know...you just don't know when and who to tell do you??

Anyone been having any weird feelings or cravings? I'm tired a lot but still managing to excercise as normal and go to the gym 4 times a week, i'm lucky as i work from home so have the flexibility to have a little siesta in the afternoon if i feel like it.

Totally craving carbs like bread, pasta, rice, jacket potatoes and i have a problem handling raw meat especially chicken, i have only been sick once but feel nauseous if i let myself get hungry so i'm learning to always have crackers with me when i'm out! Can't stand the smell of coffee and some cheeses too..weird as i love those things.

So i think what i'm going through is quite normal but i'd love to hear anyone elses story and congratulations to all you other mums due January 2012!

Love Suzy 

29/06/2011 at 12:29

Hi Kimberley

I may be too late to ask a question for your chat with Miriam, but i would love to hear what her advice and tips are to pregnant or new mums.

p.s Had my 12 week scan last week and all was well, it was kicking and moving around so much which is a great sign. We have told almost everyone the news now and i must say i feel so much more relaxed having had the scan. I'm also starting to enjoy being pregnant now as i'm feeling better all the time, no more nauseous, although still craving carbs... apparently that could be a sign it' a boy or so i've been told??

Lots of love Suzy 

ss

08/07/2011 at 10:55

Hi Suzy,

I am due on 4th January 2012, so nearly the same day as you! I had my dating scan last week and saw baby hiccuping and moving around which was amazing!

My nausea wasn't too bad either but was quite unpleasant in the evenings. This has pretty much stopped but I still feel nausea coming back if I get hungry so like you I get lots of snacks to hand to prevent this happening too often.

This will be mine and my husband's first baby and we're very excited. I'm 14 weeks and 2 days today. I can't wait to feel baby moving around which will hopefully be quite soon!

I hope all is going really well for you and baby!

Clare x

11/07/2011 at 16:09

Hi Clare

That's lovely to hear.  Sounds like you are having a similar pregnancy to me so far and i can't help feeling like i've gotten off quite lightly so far compared to stories of constant sickness i've heard.  I think the fact that i live in spain and the heat has maybe got to me a bit has contributed a little to the nausea.  My husband and i were just saying the other day that it was perfect timing really, not that we planned it like this but my 2nd trimester when you're supposed to feel the best is July, august and September, i.e the hottest months so i'm happy it's worked out that way.

Are you going to find out what you're having? I can't help thinking i'm having a boy but i don't know why i feel like that?? Only 6 weeks to go then we can find out!

Take care xxx

19/07/2011 at 10:43
Hi ladies just wanted to say congrats and to join you. I'm due 17 Jan with my second baby, 3rd pregnancy. I have an 18 month old daughter and had a mc in Mar 11. Now 14 weeks and all was well at the scan so fingers crossed.

How are you all doing?

x
20/07/2011 at 11:15

Hi Georgie

Congratulations to you, really glad to hear everything is going so well for you this time.  All is well with me, feeling great now and actually enjoying being pregnant especially now that i'm starting to look pregnant too! 

Counting the weeks now til i can have my 20 weeks scan and find out what were having, only 4 weeks to go.  I'm not sure to tell everyone else what it is though, did you find out with your 1st baby and tell everyone?? Would love to hear what you and others think on this.

Speak soon 

Suzy xxx

20/07/2011 at 13:31
Glad you're feeling good. Still a bit sick and headaches here prob exaggerated by my v active toddler! We found out that we were having a girl but we decided to tell everyone. My husband is rubbish at keeping secrets plus I was sure we would let it slip at some point! I know people who have managed to keep it a secret though. My scan is at 21 weeks so nearly 7 weeks away. Am sure it will go quicker than getting to the 12 week scan went!

Take care x
18/09/2011 at 17:47

Hi ladies, do you mind if I join in, please? I'm expecting my first grandchild in January, tried to get my daughter to join but she only got as far as registering with the site! Her dates are either 7th by the scan, 13th by the doctor or 14th by her period! I think scan is most accurate, but it would be nice to have a week more before she counted as being overdue!

How were all your 20 week scans (or 21 for Georgieporgie)? Hers was lovely, baby waved, lol. She didn't find out, ummed and ahed and then opted for the surprise. 

Hope you're all keeping well xx

19/09/2011 at 10:29

Hi Kathleen

Nice to have you join, it's all been quiet for a while.  Glad all is ok with your daughters pregnancy and congratulations on becoming a grandma.

We found out at 20 weeks scan were having a baby girl, we couldn't wait! We are both really happy but more so at the fact that everything is alright so far.  My due date is now 7th Jan too and we actually had a 24 week scan last week (they scan you every 4 weeks in spain on private health care). She was moving around and touching her face, it was lovely to see because it was also in 4D so the pics are amazing, really clear. Weve signed up for some antenatal classes too, we werent sure whether to but we don't speak fluent spanish and the antenatal classes we found are in English with an irish midwife living out here.  They don't come with your health care in Spain though so are costing 250 euros for 4 classes, apparently they are worth it though so i'm looking forward to meeting some other mums when they start mid November.

I'm still having a really good pregnancy, especially the 2nd trimester, no problems except a bit of heartburn and waking up more during the night but i guess i have to get used to that anyway when little Miss arrives!

Hope all is well with everyone, be lovely to hear how things are going.

xxx

21/09/2011 at 13:50

Hi Suzy, that's great  that you get so many scans  & lovely that you saw her moving in so much detail. My daughter's LO was having a good little thumb suck for her scan, sooo sweet!

Have you decided  on names now you know you're having a girl?  I'm glad it's all going well & you're keeping well. I hope the heartburn isn't too bad - we stocked up on good ole Gaviscon at the weekend as Heather has been suffering a bit with it!

She hasn't had any classes yet, or even been given any info,  despite her m/w saying she'd let her know and book her  in. It's really good that you've found the English ones, I'm sure it will be money well spent to make it all that bit easier and for meeting other mums.

Take care, Kxxx

21/09/2011 at 13:51

ps  I can't find how to bookmark this page,can anyone tell me how, please?

30/09/2011 at 15:37

Hello everyone,

How are you all? It's a while since I last posted on here. I'm just over 26 weeks along now and my due date is still 4th January. We found out at our 20 week scan that we're expecting a baby girl! She was extremely active through-out the scan and the sonographer commented on how active she is as she was having difficulty taking some of the measurements!

We're just starting to decorate the nursery. Have any of you started to do this yet? We've gone for neutral shades as they seem to be nice calm colours. The wallpaper is cream and beige. We have ordered our pram/pushchair and car seat but we need to choose a cot next - there are just so many out there! We need one for in our room for the first 6 months and one for the nursery after that. I've started buying a few bits of clothing and other essentials but we have lots more left to get! How are you all getting on with getting in all the necessary supplies?

I hope you're all really well!

Clare x

03/11/2011 at 21:11

Hi there, thought i would join all you lovely ladies, i too am expecting a baby girl.. am soo excited she is due on the 9th of Jan, but possibly being induced as my son was 9lb 6oz born and didnt have a very good time during delivery! i will have 1 of each.. so glad all your pregnancies are going well. i have back ache like you wouldnt believe but i cant moan really as had no sickness or ill feelings at all.
I have bought soo much, does anyone else have this problem? every shop i go in, i have to buy something! she is one spoilt little lady already, and my son cannot wait to be a big brother!! 
Keep in touch!
Kat

04/11/2011 at 12:03

Hi Kat and congrats!  How old is your little boy?  Sorry you have bad back ache - hopefully it will easy as your body adapts to the bump.  Fingers crossed your girl is a wee bit smaller and you have an easier time of it.

Sorry not been on here for ages.  I'm just over 29 weeks now.  We have found out that we are having a little boy so we will have one of each too.  All seems to be fine here at the mo - am lucky as no aches and pains yet - but I am sure I won't be lucky for all of it!  Making the most of feeling ok so still exercising and went on a run this morning so feeling happy.  I think i deserve a BIG lunch so therefore will!!! 

How are the rest of you all doing?

Take care xx

18/11/2011 at 21:15

Hi girls im just gate crashing really i used to use this site when i was pregnant with my own girls well now i am selling on some of there preloved clothes i have a page on fb called coullkidz preloved selling page if u fancy having a look please feel free to add me its mostly sizes from 0-6mths at the moment. and let ur friends know too thanks x

30/12/2011 at 20:08

hey girlys im new to this site ..... im due in 3 weeks my due date is 22nd jan. im having a beautiful baby girl im just gettin worried about labour due to she bein my 1st lol any advice? xx

01/01/2012 at 20:55
Hi Mummy to be! Congrats and hope you are feeling ok! My huge bit of advice is just go with your body. It is amazing and really will tell you what to do! For everything else listen to the midwife and don't be afraid to ask if them if you have any concerns as stress can slow things down. I was due on 19 Jan but my wee boy decided to arrive on fri at 37+1!!!! He was 7ib 9 and is doing v well. I'm a v happy mummy! Hope the rest of you are all doing well and wish you a Happy 2012! X
First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
17 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...