forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Birth Groups

Due March 2011

261 to 280 of 403 messages
21/10/2010 at 11:12

Hope you're feeling Ok Sam and getting plenty of rest - what a horrible experience! I have to drive a lot fro work and feel a bit more anxious about it now I'm pregnant.

How's everyone else getting on? It's been pretty quiet on her but hopefully no news is good news!

Wanted to ask those of you who are 2nd time round......do you feel huge? I feel like I'm much further gone than I am. I managed without any maternity clothes last time (just the hair bobble trick with my usual jeans!) but have had to be in mat jeans since 10wks this time!! Is it true you get bigger quicker with susequent pregnancies? Hope so - I dont want this one to be any bigger than Caelan as he was 8lb15oz and I'm only wee myself!!

xxxx

21/10/2010 at 12:49

Hey guys, been having internet problems so not been on for a while...just spent 20 mins trying to catch up on everyone!

Laura E...in answer to your question (AGES ago)...My family mostly live in Edinburgh, some further north  Saw the family & finally told them of the impending new arrival, they were all excited! It's the first baby into the family in 20 years!

Had my 16 week appointment & heard the heartbeat, it was awesome, my boyfriend was gutted he missed it, I didn't know they'd attempt to look for it so early!

20 wk scan is due 4th Nov - extremely excited, not finding out the sex, we want a surprise

Not felt any movement yet...sometimes I lay in bed at night holding my tummy willing it to move or something!!...but nothing yet  ...is that weird? Speaking of weird, I've been having weird dreams more too, sometimes quite upsetting. I think it's just the anxiety a bit.

GOOD NEWS though! I was supposed to be being made redundant at work but the week before the consultation process, someone else OPTED for the redundancy package leaving me with my job by default! - I'm not complaining!!...just releaved!

Hope everyone is well! x x x

21/10/2010 at 16:49

I'm feeling ok today Laura. Bit of a stiff neck and haven't managed to shift a headache since it happened. I'll survive though.

I'm not huge but defo bigger than when I had my first. I've been feeling movement since 17 weeks and the little one is getting stronger because I'm feeling him/her alot more often now.

Scan on Tuesday! So excited!

xxx

21/10/2010 at 18:49

Hope your feeling better Sam.

I went and bought my first maternity trousers and jeans today. Just getting too uncomfortable in my normal clothes and the hair bobble trick works for some but not all of my clothes. 

Baby seems to get very wriggly when we get in the car, lots of rolling and prodding. I have felt movement since about 16 1/2 weeks now. I have my 20 week scan on 3rd Nov, I'm really excited.

My Husband wants to know the sex but I think I want a surprise. I just can't decide whether to find out or not. My mum doesnt want us to find out and my best mate feels the same way but I really can't decided. What are you all doing?? To find out or not to find out??? That is the question.

We are moving on 8th Nov and I am looking to find a yoga class, does anyone already do yoga? I'm worried I wont be flexible enough.

xxxx

21/10/2010 at 19:51

hi all

laura - i do feel huge already and im 17 wks tomorrow, i was tiny last time too, i bought a pair of maternity jeans but my normal jeans are getting a bit tight but the mat ones are too big!!!! Think it leggings and jogging bottoms for a wee while lol

I had my 16 wk mw appointment today had the bloods done so just got to wait till nxt week to find out if they are ok, i didnt get to hear the heart beat aparently they dont do it this early up in this area now!!! I sick of hearing that excuse, its the same with the sex, in this area they dont do it you have to pay for it privately!!!!

Anyway rant over, got my scan on the 10th nov then another one at the end of nov to find out the sex so got that to look forward too.

Hope everyone is well xx

22/10/2010 at 11:37

hey

Sugarplumfairy! I used to do Yoga several times a week quite a few years ago & i just went to my first class since then, on Sunday - i was SO NOT  as bendy as i used to be!!

The great thing about Yoga is that anyone can do it & unless you're a teeny tot, you're not gonna be impressively flexible for at least the first few months! My midwife rekons it's the best form of excercise for pregnancy as it helps with relaxation, visualisation, oxygenation (brings more oxygen to the baby), increasing flexibility, making pregnancy & delivery easier with faster recovery!

I'm going to antenatal yoga classes just once a week, one or two swims a week & an occasional walk with my friend every fortnight or so, depending on the weather! Jump on Google to find your nearest antenatal yoga classes, that's how i found mine. Good luck!

x x x

22/10/2010 at 14:26
That sounds good isla, i think i mite good see if theres one in this area too. x
22/10/2010 at 16:09

Hey folks

Lisa - I was living in Edinburgh before I moved down south! I absolutley love Edinburgh and still have a good friend base there, but unfortunately couldnt afford to live there now. Is that where you're originally from? 

I've practiced yoga for quite a few years (although it's fallen by the way side since having my first child!) and I practised almost daily throughout my last pregnancy. I really believe it's beneficial (for all the reasons you said Lisa).  I went to my first pregnancy yoga class last night as I'm keen to try to find the time to fit it in during this pregnancy. I felt great afterwards!!!

Dont worry about flexibilty - not a lot is expected of you in a pregnancy class as movements are restricted for obvious reasons!

I also want to fit in some swimming but I have to say I struggle for time moreso these days what with having Caelan and working full time. It shouldnt really be an excuse but I find I'm ready to get into bed come 9pm these days and seeing as Caelan doesnt go til 8pm that only really leaves an hour - during which the last thing I feel like doing is exercising! I did harbour thoughts of getting up early to swim before work but so far havent managed it...

Tracy - I'm glad someone else is feeling big! I was the least furthest along at the yoga class I went to last night and I felt huge compared to the others (although the majority were first timers)

hope everyone's well and enjoying the second trimester xxxxx

22/10/2010 at 20:29

well i had a look for yoga classes and the only 1 that doesnt require you to have a membership a particular gym (which costs an arm and a leg) is at the other side of town and from 4-6 on a wed and as my partner works and i dont have an help i wont be able to go, well i could but i cant see Kian wanting to behave for 2 hrs!! lol

Oh well never mind was a good idea anyway

25/10/2010 at 09:15

Tracy - I used a really good pregnancy DVD during my last pregnancy. There's loads of DVDs out there but this one had really good reviews and I have to say that I felt like I really benefited from it. You feel like you get a proper workout whilst being completely managable for all stages of pregnancy and fitness. Plus it's divided into sections so if you only had time for 10 mins or so you can still fit it in. This is reminding me to dig it out! it's called Shiva Rae's prenatal yoga......I'm pretty sure I got it form Amazon x

25/10/2010 at 13:35

That would be a really good idea, i never thought of a dvd!!! Then i could fit it in when Kians napping, i shall go have a look now. Thank you xx

25/10/2010 at 17:04

Laura, I am from Edinburgh originally - I miss it loads but it is dreadfully expensive to live there, isn't it!? And I get to visit 3-4 times a year, so it's not too bad.

The DVD's a really good idea, might pick one up myself for when I can't make the classes!

I seem to have sprouted a sixeable belly in the last few days!! Esp. after I've eaten - I go even BIGGER!!  But still no flutters or any obvious movements I can make out just yet  18wks & 5 days....

Hope everyone is well & getting lots fo rest! x x x

26/10/2010 at 09:12

Hi all,

Hope everyone is ok and enjoying their pregnancies.

We went for our Scan last Tuesday, everything looked to be progressing well and the sonographer was almost certain we are expecting a little girl!!!!

It was absolutely amazing, saw the heart beating away, can't believe how detailed the scans are! I had to buy something straight away, as I'd held back until then! Now there's no stopping me lol

Has anyone else had their scans yet?

Take care all

Bianca & Bump 21 weeks

26/10/2010 at 09:17
Aww congratulations on your pink bump bianca xx
26/10/2010 at 19:01

Congratulations Bianca, that's lovely news!

Our scan's not until the 4th Nov but we're not gonna find out what we're having, we want a surprise. x x

27/10/2010 at 17:29
Hello Ladies!

Lovely news on the pink bump bianca - she couldn't tell for certain on our scan but thought probably another girl. We're happy with whatever it turns out to be!

I'm 22+1 now and not feeling too big just yet, although I do find my bump almost double sin size by the end of the day is I've been eating far too much! Sure I was bigger with Hattie - can't really remember even though it wasn't that long ago!

Seem to have got a bit of energy back this week. I'm sure it won't last but I'm trying to make the most of it and given the house a good clean and made a start on making/buying christmas presents!

Off to MW tomorrow for 22 week check so get to hear heartbeat again. Looking forward to that!
01/11/2010 at 22:02

Hi all, haven't been on here for a while.

Looking forward to scan on Friday, hope i will be able to find out the sex so i can start getting some clothes. If it's a boy i have quite a bit left from my 2 yr old, but nothing for a girl. Hope everyone is okay.

I'm just getting over a bad cold which the whole family had.

Trying to decide what to do on our anniversary on 30th Nov, also my birthday.

Thinking a nice night in a hotel maybe, get mum to have my son so me and my hubby can have a bit of time together alone. Thinking of the lie in we'll get the morning after too. My son has been awake at 5.30 on a morning since the clocks changed! I love him dearly, just wish he wasn't such an early riser.

04/11/2010 at 18:00

Hi All

Hope you and bumps are all well.

We had our 20 week scan yesterday. Baby decided to be a naughty little monkey and lie the wrong way around for the scan. So after lots of rolling around and poking and prodding we had to go for a 20 minute walk around the hospital. Not much fun when you are busting for the toilet. We gave bump a good talking too but it still decided not to roll over but thankfully the sonographer managed to get the images she wanted.

We got about 10 scan pictures which are amazing!! But again when she wanted to show us the babies face baby had other ideas and put its hands over its face and kept its legs crossed so she couldnt be sure on the sex. Thats fine though as I didn't really want to know even though my husband did. 

Do your babies fathers want to feel it moving and kicking? So far my husband wont touch the bump if he thinks its going to move as he thinks its weird!!!! He says he didnt feel his first child (to his ex wife) move so its weird! I really want him to feel bump moving around as I think its brilliant. 

We are moving house tomorrow which is scary. Is anyone from the South West of London area?? Aldershot, Reading etc??? All my family live in the area we are now and Im nervous about leaving them now. 

Anyway best get on with some more packing.

05/11/2010 at 15:27

Hi all

congrats Bianca. Good to hear everyone's had their 20wks scans and all looking well

I had mine on Tuesday. Went really well. Cant believe how detailed it was, dont remember it being like that with Caelan.

Still enjoying my pregnancy yoga classes. Still waiting for the MW to write me a note so I can attend aquanatal during work hours (been waiting 5 wks for this!!). I have already got a bad feeling about my community MW, which is a real shame because my last community MWs were lovely. And I've recently heard some bad things about her from other mums now too. I'm thinking of requesting a change.....anyone know how to do this? Do I just contact my GP?

sugarplumfairy - OH been dying to feel movements for weeks. Luckily baby has been kicking hard enough that he's felt a couple now. Good luck with your move x

05/11/2010 at 19:28

Laura - I know how u feel i had a lovely mw last imte and im just not sure about the new one I only contact her if i really really need to, she just seems so uninterested!!!

My oh hasnt felt any movement yet but i think he would like to, never really raised the question as i just presumed every father would, lol.

Ive got my 20wks scan on wed, cant wait, i get to see my lil beanie and get an hrs peace from the little monster too!!! lol

Hope everyone is well xx

261 to 280 of 403 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...
MadeForMums
Thinkbaby
Practical Parenting
Junior

Take a peek inside this month's magazine
FREE Baby Flannel plus FREE Thomas and Friends book
Find your nearest stockist here