forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Birth Groups

Due March 2011

21 to 40 of 403 messages
26/07/2010 at 12:16

wont let me submit my whole post!

26/07/2010 at 12:18

I read somewhere yesterday that if you have seen heartbeat on a scan and get to 8 weeks then the risk of miscarriage is dropped to same as at 12 weeks

x

26/07/2010 at 12:18

Claire youre not alone feeling like that. I too have felt awful because its going to be a mssive change for my little girl and I dont want her to have to have less of my time. But then I decided its in her interest to have a little brother or sister.  She will have someone to play with. She will enjoy helping looking after the baby and also it would be awful to grow up as an only child. My dad is and he has no family left now apart from us kids. Im going to take the approach that its our baby so she feels as involved as possible. And if your little girl ahs been wonderful because of the effort you have put in remember that a child behaves accordingly with the way he or she is brought up obviously some of it is personality but a big part comes from the parents. I spend all my time with my little girl and I love it and shes very contented and clever. My sister in law has 3 boys her 3rd is 14 months and hes never had much attention and often left to sit in his car seat or walker and he is always miserable and unhappy. But like you have said you will cut down work hours to spend more time with your kids and so you are obviously a dedicated mum.     

As for symptoms I feel awful atm lol sick all day everyday, tiredness has worn off a bit but needing to pee every 5 mins lol so all in all great fun! And so want to enjoy food again I miss it!!

x

26/07/2010 at 12:19

sorry about that ladies, not sure whats happening with it!

x

26/07/2010 at 12:38
ive had these probs posting before so dont worry!! and thanks your right it will be good they will be so close in age and able to play together me and my sis are 12 months apart and altho we used to fight like cat and dog i wouldnt have changed a thing and neither would my mum xxx
26/07/2010 at 12:45

Laura what date are you due?

x

26/07/2010 at 13:49

I totally agree with everything you said Jen, I grew up as an only child (although I have 2 sisters - there's 17 and 21yrs between us!) and I really wanted to have more than one child too because it isnt much fun as an only child. If Georgia is a contented baby then lets hope it runs in the genes and your next one will be just as easy, Claire! 

Caelan was (and still is) a very active and spirited little thing! I struggled so much when he was a baby, mostly with sleep deprivation! I realise now that his boundless energy is just part of his bright and funny little personality! He talks non-stop now and is constantly on the go, I think it will be lovely for him to have a baby around. And like you said Claire, having them close in age means they have someone to grow up with. I have it in my head that it's got to be easier this time round anyway because all of the major life adjustments have already been made - and that was a pretty hard adjustment to make for me! I love motherhood though and just hope that this next little one is a better sleeper - it's really the only difficulty I've had - thankfully!

I reckon I'm due around the 25th March, although I havent seen a midwife yet - got an appt with the doc on Wednesday. It's all a bit bittersweet for the family as we lost my mother in law to cancer this year on the 23rd March so there's a mixture of emotions for everyone, as I'm sure there will be next year. Also, my little boy's birthday is 10th April so if I'm overdue we could well have siblings with the same birthday! But I guess it's just all meant to be.

Sorry to hear you're feeling so sick Jen, I'm praying I dont get like that again as it really is no fun, fingers crossed it will pass for you soon

xxxx

26/07/2010 at 18:06

Im feeling a lot better this afternoon I find if I force myself to eat im not as bad!!

Your little boy sounds exactly like my little girl!! Goes to prove my point again its the effort you have put in thats made him happy all the time and busy rather than grumpy and miserable. My little girl was terrible for the first 6 months she would wake 5 or 6 times a night and feed every hour and a half in the day thats if I was lucky! I think because she was breastfed she was always hungry but now shes a jolly little thing and she too does not stop talking!! At the moment everything is whats this? what are you doing? whats that noise? lots of questions but its nice that they can interact with you too.

I think the next one will be so much easier, you know what to expect and how to handle situations this time. It will increase the work load but its not forever and it gets easier im just going to make the most of it even if it does mean i dont keep on top of the house as much e.t.c they are only little once!

x

26/07/2010 at 18:16

List so far if its wrong update and I will change! Few ladies on the list from the other thread left a note for them to come over to here so hopefully they will join us soon.

Pamela - 1st baby - EDD 5th March 2011

Jen - 2nd baby - EDD 7th March 2011

Little Em - 1st baby EDD 16th March 2011

Claire - 2nd baby - EDD 16th March 2011

Laura - 2nd baby - EDD 25th march 2011

Mum2J - 2nd baby -EDD  Mid March?

Sam - 2nd baby - EDD ?

Lorjohn - EDD?

26/07/2010 at 20:57

Hi all hope you are all well !! Im due my 2nd baby in March so was hoping to join your chats !! This is my 2nd child my little boy was born in June 2006 so bit of a bigger age gap than we would have liked !! I had a miscarriage in April so pretty nervous about this pregnancy had some cramping so was sent for a scan 2 weeks ago where they found a sac and yolk but no heartbeat so had to wait for 10 days then had a repeat scan on Friday and there was a heart beating away !! I measured at 6 weeks 1 day so hoping the next 6 weeks go pretty quick so I can see my little miracle on the screen and tell people our news !! Its great to read all your stories on how you are feeling and look forward to sharing the next few months with you all xxx

27/07/2010 at 08:39

hi girls welcome trace so pleased for you i also had a mc before i had georgie and i know how heart wrenching it can be. im sure all will be good for you this time how are you all feeling today??

off to get brekkie now xxx

27/07/2010 at 08:50

Hi Trace, I have had bleeding when I was about 4 weeks and period pains but have had 2 scans and all is well and no bleeding since.

When is your due date?

Hope everyones well x

27/07/2010 at 09:19

Hi Trace - welcome and congratulations! - must've felt so good to see that little heart beating away!

Feeling pretty rough this morning  - trying to constantly nibble on something to keep the nausea at bay, bleurgh, I really hate this bit of pregnancy!

Have any of you told your little ones you're expecting yet? We have to be careful what we say infront of Caelan - going to wait til the first scan before we explain it all to him. We tested the waters by asking if it would be nice to have a baby in the house and he seemed delighted - we asked him if he'd like a girl or a boy baby and he said - 'a red one!!' - dont know what to make of that!

hope you all have a good day xxxxxxxx

27/07/2010 at 09:30

lol ive told carla but shes too little to really understand asked her if she wants a brother or sister quite a few times and shes said sister every time lol.

I feel really sick today, felt sick waking up in the night too when got up for a pee! But its not for long, hopefully in a week or two it will settle down.

x

27/07/2010 at 11:58

Morning ladies!

Though I'd join in as we've got number 2 due on 9th March. Our first was 1 just over a week ago. We've had lots of people tell us that we are mad but we wanted them reasonably close together. We've told Hattie she's getting a new brother or sister but at only 1 she won't really understand till the next bundle arrives! Also told family at the weekend and they're chuffed. We've got a lot of babies due in the family SIL in Dec, my sis in Jan and now us in march!

Was hoping to not feel as BLEUGH this time round as I had sickness most of the time - apart from about a month in the middle where I felt okay! But no, the sickness has started and seems worse, unless I'm just imagining that?! FIL is convinced its twins?!?!

HOping Bebe 2 is a good one. Hattie is just such a happy little character and always been a good sleeper that it made sense to have number 2 sooner than later and we're quite relaxed as parents

ClaireP (to avoid confusion! x

27/07/2010 at 12:16

welcome claireP!! twins eh! now that would be a shocker!! my hubby keeps saying the same to me, there are twins on my side and friends of ours have just had twins- a boy and a girl, really hard work!!

i do hope all you poor ladies with sickness dont have to put up with it for too long xxxx

im sure my turn will come xxx

enjoy the rest of the day!!

claire xx

27/07/2010 at 15:03

Yay more march 2011 mummies to be, we are getting there!! I know so many people who are pregnant atm probably getting on 10 and 3 of them are due march

My little girl is driving me nuts! She says Done to everything now when shes had enough, in her pushchair, out shopping, over my mums house,  in bed, even having a cuddle!! funny at the same time though

x

28/07/2010 at 08:46

The list so far- 

Pamela - 1st baby - EDD 5th March 2011

Jen - 2nd baby - EDD 7th March 2011

Clairep - 2nd baby - EDD 9th March 2011

Little Em - 1st baby EDD 16th March 2011

Claire123 - 2nd baby - EDD 16th March 2011

Trace123 - 2nd baby - EDD 17th 2011

Laura - 2nd baby - EDD 25th march 2011

Mum2J - 2nd baby -EDD  Mid March?

Sam - 2nd baby - EDD ?

Lorjohn - EDD?

29/07/2010 at 11:43

quite a few on the list now jen!!

on the dec 09 thread i was on with georgia we only had 8 mums, so we're not doing bad atall considering its still very early.

how are all you ladies today?? is that sickness starting to subside yet?

im seeing midwife for 1st appt today, ill let you all know how it goes.

have a good day

claire xxx

29/07/2010 at 12:17

I was on the due jan 09 thread and there was 18 of us at the end and prob a few more at the beginning!

Ive spent the morning with my head over the toilet lol so mines hanging about for now!!

My first appointment isnt until the 11th of August because my midwife is on holiday before. Frustrating ill be 10+2 so hope my scan wont be late.     

Been a bit worried this week as not sure if my daughter has had 'slap cheek' shes had a few of the symptoms and ive asked my mum if ive had it and she doesnt think I have and it can increase the risk of miscarriage and cause complications. So just really hoping it wasnt that. But i guess only time will tell.                                                                                    

x                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

21 to 40 of 403 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...
MadeForMums
Thinkbaby
Practical Parenting
Junior

Take a peek inside this month's magazine
FREE Baby Flannel plus FREE Thomas and Friends book
Find your nearest stockist here