forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Birth Groups

Due March 2011

141 to 160 of 403 messages
17/08/2010 at 10:42

I'm approx 9 weeks (and a bit) and feeling like LillteEm - worrying that I have no major symptoms other than tender breasts and a little tired every now and then...but 3 tests and confirmation from the nurse can't be wrong, right!?

I'm still checking the mailbox EVERYDAY for my scan date to arrive - I really want it before I go on my two week hols a week on Thursday!! Contemplating a private scan if it doesn't come through before then......

Laura, don't feel down hun, your sickness will pass and you'll be glowing in no time!

I think what's happened to poor Jen has made everyone realise how fragile it all is, we don't really know her but the empathy is real and hard-hitting. And I know what you mean - the feeling of no real control over what's happening makes you feel more worried because there really IS nothing we can do other than rest as much as poss & eat (when we can) as sensibly as poss too.

What keeps me going at the mo?....I'm sure you all have the book "what to expect, when you're expecting" - it's fabulous and I'm following the developement of the baby week by week with loads of help and advice in there. It's just a waiting game ladies... one which we need to choose to enjoy!

Sending love and hugs to all of you today...no gloominess! Just smiles! You're pregnant and making a brand new teeny wee person!! How amazing is that!?!

Hope everyones day gets better!

Lisa x x x x x x x x x

17/08/2010 at 12:51

thanks for that lisa i think we're all at a time when its easy to feel sorry for ourselves i know i do when ive got my head down the loo but you've cheered me up no end!!

and jen i hope your okay hun xxxxx

and have a good day ladies xxx

17/08/2010 at 12:55
Hey everyone not been on this for ages as I was so scared I would miscarry again so I've been living quiet but also feeling bloomin awful!!! Due around 10th March and god the nausea is taking over my life!  I see other people are in the same boat!  How's everyone doing today? xxxx
17/08/2010 at 16:14

Thanks for that Lisa  .....you're right, it's not good to get down when something so miraculous is happening! I guess what's happened with Jen has just upset everyone.

Been ridiculously tired today but not been sick yet! Now I'm worried cos I dont feel sick! Honestly! This is just a worrying time I guess and none of us will feel quite safe til we get our 12wk scan

Had booking appt with MW yesterday - she butchered my arm drawing bloods and still didnt manage to draw enough! Not the best start! She seemed lovely aside from that tho. I had a homebirth with my little boy (in a different area though, we've moved since) and she seemed keen to back me on having another homebirth if I choose to this time too - so that's good news

Still got a good few weeks to wait til scan as I'm only 8 weeks now......roll on the next 4!

xxxx

18/08/2010 at 11:35

Hello all!!

I had my scan yesterday and I must admit, its like a huge weight has lifted off my shoulders, I know everything is ok and  Iwas worryin over nothin, I have a very laid back baby  Had to roll around for ages to wake him up

Just hang in there ladies, it does all feel so unsure till the scan but I feel much better now.

Just need to keep heathly and happy. (and find smth to help these itchy boobs!!)

Take care everyone!!!

18/08/2010 at 17:35

Hello all

I have been on the Feb thread as i thought i was due on the 28th Feb 2011 but i found out today at my 1st scan that im now not due untill the 12 March 2011 so was a bit shciked at first, this is my 2nd pregnancy, i have a 4 year old son who will be 5 in October so hes getting exicited and loved looking at the baby today on the monitor bless him, hope everyone is keeping well.

Emma xx

18/08/2010 at 18:14

Hi all,

Glad to hear its not just me that feels really crappy just now, oh cant do anything without me bitin his head off either!! lol I have the midwife tomorrow for the first time, then my scan is 2 -3 weeks later it cant come quick enough.

my lil boy is full of the cold today so is feeling realy sorry for himself, hes not eating solids just wants his bottle and is really clingy, not exactly wat i want when im tired and feeling sicky!!! lol

anyway got to go and do more research on a lightweight double buggys, i kno its early b ut i want to research them now so i kno how much we need to pay out for one(its not gonna be cheap!!)

xx

18/08/2010 at 19:01

Hi tracy and other ladies im off the jan thread but know tracy from the june 09 thread.

so you are going for a double one now ....what changed your mind i must admit Rhys is walking very well everywhere but i will still need one so im looking at the silver cross or maclaren they both come with everything cosytoes and raincover etc

and your scans will come soon enough it dragged so much up to my 12 weeks and now im nearly 18 weeks

18/08/2010 at 19:38
Found out today, after chasing for my scan date that my 'cover midwife' at my GP's hasn't sent my info off to the hospital - I'm not even on their system yet!!...I went to her 3 weeks ago! So my scan's gonna be when I get back from my two week break putting me at almost 14 weeks when i do finally get it.... I so wanted it before i went away....poo!
18/08/2010 at 22:48
Hi Jo, yeah mum persuaded me that it would be a better idea to get a double as althought Kian will be walking, i walk everywhere and his legs would get tired quicker than mine, so double buggy it is lol. x
19/08/2010 at 15:07

hi girls and welcome emma!!

tracy im also on the look out for a double buggy, let me know what you find out, thats the only down side of having another baby for me is not being able to use my lovely pram again!!never mind.

hows everyones sickness?? mines not too bad as long as i eat little and often it seems to keep it at bay.3 weeks till my scan that will make it seem real,at the mo0ment coz ive got georgia to concentrate on i havent thought much about it, i know itll be hard work but case of having to cope isnt it!!got my midwife home visit on tuesday so ill let you know how it goes.

have a good day

claire xxxx

19/08/2010 at 16:45

Hi everyone! Welcome Emma! I keep thinking I ought to move over to the due April thread as I'm sure this little one wont arrive before then!

Good news about your scan, LittleEm

And sorry to hear about the cock up for you Lisa.....at least you'll have something to look forward to when you get back from your hols tho.

No date as yet for me still got a few weeks before I'm hitting the 12wk mark so I'm trying not to think about it.

Have been living off the plainest diet ever! porridge, toast and plan pasta or noodles....boooorrriinngggg! I miss my food soooo much but at least I seem to be managing to keep something down this way!

How come the MW's visiting you at home Claire? I'm not due to see mine til 16wks now - but I remember from last time that there's very little interaction in the earlier stages -

Have told everyone at work now. Starting to feel like forever til the 12wk mark and couldn't hold my tongue any longer - felt like I was deceiving everyone!

xxxxxx

19/08/2010 at 19:38
hi laura its just standard procedure to have a booking appt at home with your midwife here xxx
19/08/2010 at 20:32
Hi All,

I had my booking in appointment at home too. Maybe it depends where you live?

Not doing too badly this week. still feel a bit queasy if I've not eaten anything for a while but my early evening toilet visit seems to be passing! Still managing to eat all normal food eith lots of extra toast courses

I've got my scan on monday and getting a little excited and nervous - just hope everything is okay so we can start telling more people. Expecting my due date to move earlier in the month.

I've been having a look at double buggies too as DD will only be 19 months and won't be up to walking everywhere! Looking into tandems so I can get in and out of the local shop doors. Would also like one that coverts back to a single ready for when DD is big enough. Asking too much for one buggy?!
xx
19/08/2010 at 22:33

Good luck with the scan on Monday Claire!

Is anyone else experiencing bloating of an evening?!....I'm just getting into the swing of eating 6 small meals/snacks a day. Although I don't have any morning sickness, I'm finding it impossible to have a normal sized meal 3 times a day like i used to...I feel really full really quickly, it's weird! Come 4pm/5pm, my tummy's ballooned...my digestive system seems to be all over the place!

20/08/2010 at 06:57
Good luck with your scan on Monday!

I'm really bloated of an evening too! Look 5 months gone lol x
20/08/2010 at 08:53

Claire, good luck with your scan!

Bloated, definitely!! I thought it was just me cause I also suffer from IBS but I'm pleased to know others have it as well. And have to eat little and often cause get very full easily.

xxxx

20/08/2010 at 10:37

I have ibs too em and was thinking the same, but i really seem to be showing already, Im not exactly the slimist anyway but there is a definate bump which is why i think i mite be further on than we had originally thought, but i have been told that with your second u do start to show earlier.

I cant wait for my scan, still got a few weeks to go tho!!!

Claire the icandy apple converts into a double then goes back to a single, we were looking at it the other day as thats what i would like aswell, also the phil and teds, i started a threat asking for advise on doubles and everyone who has replied loves the phil and teds so we are going to have a look at them today to find out cost and just have a play with it, lol ill let u kno how we get on

xx

20/08/2010 at 14:01

Oh I didnt realise that was your booking appt, Claire. I had my booking appt at home when I was in Manc but I guess it's different here - maybe because there's only one community MW available for 1 afternoon a week for the whole village - would prob be too difficult to fit in home visits too!

I definitely feel like I'm showing but I think what it might be is my post baby belly bulge from Caelan being pushed further up so it's less easily disguised!! I think I looked like this when I was about 5 months with Caelan - i guess those tummy muscles are just a lot more relaxed second time round.

Anyone planning on any exercise through pregnancy? I was just getting into running (well jogging really!) before I fell pregnant and am disappointed to have to give it up. I was really active through my last pregnancy so looking into what i can fit in this time round - when I'm feeling better of course - too tired and sick to do much at the moment!

Looking forward to hearing how your scan goes Claire, Have a nice wekend everyone  

xxxxxxxxxx

22/08/2010 at 10:36

Oh my,

I've jut got back from Holiday so sorry to hear about Jen.

Thoughts are with you.

Just wondered, I am 2 days away for 12 weeks  and this morning had a tiny amount of pale brown discharge when i went to the toilet. 

Has this happened to anyone else? So worried after Jen and Tracy..

B xx

141 to 160 of 403 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...
MadeForMums
Thinkbaby
Practical Parenting
Junior

Take a peek inside this month's magazine
FREE Baby Flannel plus FREE Thomas and Friends book
Find your nearest stockist here