forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Birth Groups

Due Oct 2011

1 to 20 of 207 messages
28/02/2011 at 21:04
hi I'm new to this site and was hoping to chat to other people due around the same time!
Best wishes

Nicci x
02/03/2011 at 22:52

Hi Nicci,

I'm due around mid October, I've got my first appointment with the midwife next Tuesday can't wait for my first scan! At the moment it all seems a bit surreal...

Lucy x

03/03/2011 at 15:20

Hi , so excited for a due OCT thread!!

Hi Lucy - when you meet the midwife it all starts to become real and you get dates in your diary and the weeks for me are flying now. Hope you first appointment goes well. and congratulations!

Hi Nicci - Is this your first baby and when in Oct are you due? Congratulations too.

Ill introduce myself, I am 25 on Monday eek! and Im due with my first baby 1st of October. I got my scan on the 18th March, but I have already paid for a early private scan at 7 weeks as we had a little scare. Will have been married for 2 years in August and we are both just over the moon as we have been trying for a year.

Look forward to going though this adventure with you ladies...

Krystal xx

04/03/2011 at 08:06
Hi Lucy and Krystal wow it's exciting and a big congrats to u both. I'm due the 1st of Oct, this Is my 3rd baby I have 2 girls aged 5&7. It feels like forever a go o had my last baby and so much has changed!!! I met midwife today yay. I also have my scan booked for the 18th good luck Lucy on Tuesday
Thank you both for joining this thread I was starting to think it was only me due in Oct!!!
Good luck and best wishes
Nicci xx
04/03/2011 at 09:27

Hi ladies,

I'm almost too scared to join, but here goes. My name's Rachael, married to my lovely husband for seven months, been together 3 years. I'm 25 and already have a lovely little girl named Abi who will be 2 in a couple of weeks. I'm around 6 weeks pregnant, I fell with this one straight after a miscarraige at about 5 weeks so i'm still very scared and nervous all the time. I have my first midwife app on Wednesday and can't wait to get a scan date through.

Congratulations everyone!

xxx

04/03/2011 at 16:36
Hi Rachael congratulations. I have also suffered a mc before my first daughter scared does not even come close to how it feels! Fingers crossed all will be well. Good luck on meeting your midwife it's a very exciting scary and crazy time. Try to take it easy.
Best wishes

Nicci xx
04/03/2011 at 17:45

Hi Girls,

Just noticed the due Oct thread and wanted to say Congrats on your pregnancies.

Im due 9th May and cannot believe how fast this pregnancy is going.

Lots of luck and wishes for a happy and healthy 9 months for you all!

Victoria x (30+5wks) 

04/03/2011 at 19:26

Hi again ladies,

Forgot to say my due date at the moment is Oct 22, but i think that's at least a week early and will be put back.

Came home today to find my first scan date in the post it's on April 8th, yay something to aim for and look forward too.

Thanks for the welcome Nicci.

Hi Victoria, not long to go for you now then?! Exciting.

Eurgh meeting friends for dinner tonight and feeling pretty right now!

xxx

04/03/2011 at 22:25
Hi ladies and huge congrats to you all! So exciting!

I'm George, this is my second pregnancy. I have a lovely nearly 14 month old little girl. For some reason am a bit scared and paranoid about this pregnancy round so have told v few! I am just over 8 weeks and, I think, due mid Oct.

Hope you are all feeling ok.

Take care,

xx
05/03/2011 at 10:04
Hi George
Congratulations. It is a very exciting time but scary too. I was so pleased when I started to have replys to this thread and to hear that other people feel the same anxiteys I thought I was going mad! Feeling worried and scared at such a happy time!!
Take care
Best wishes
Nicci xx
05/03/2011 at 10:31

Welcome George,

Weren't you on due Jan with Eri?

Congratulations, i'm very scared too!

I ate Carbonara last night then freaked out that it was made with soft cheese

xxx

05/03/2011 at 13:50
Hi all, Yeay an oct thread!! I'm Laura, pg with baby no 2, I have a 2 year old called Finley. We had a scare this week with a threatened miscarriage but had a scan y'day and saw my little wriggler waving their arms and legs around. I thought I was due 3 or 4th oct but date they gave y'day was 1st oct. Fin was born 5 weeks early so not sure if this one will be an impatient one too! Will try and upload my scan pic.

Xxxxxxxxx
05/03/2011 at 22:06

Hi all and congratulations!

I'm Jess, due 27th Oct, I think!. Just had scan date through yesterday for 15th April, and have first MW appointment 14th March.

Hi Laura, so pleased all is well with your little wriggler  

Nice to have an oct thread at last

Jess

05/03/2011 at 22:08

Congratulations ladies!

I remembers some of the faces on here from when i joined, Laura beat me too it in 2008 and when i was due 1st and Rach was on the due Mar 2009 board with a friend of mine!! Nice to some familiar faces having good news

I remember the feeling 3 years ago when i joined this forum being due in Oct 2008 so i wish you all healthy pregnancies and hope you make some lovely friends here like i did

05/03/2011 at 22:13
Congrats Laura and Jess! Laura - pleased to hear all was well with your scan and hope you have no more concerns.

Rachael - yup I was on due Jan 10 with Eri and so happy to be a 'bump buddy' with her again! Exciting times!

Hope you are all having lovely weekends.

xx
06/03/2011 at 19:10

Hi  all

Ok so after a night debating and talking to some good friend from Nov 08 I think I'm ready to tell you a little bit about myself.

I have one georgous boy who's 2 yrs old called Max and last year I had a lovely little boy called Charlie, who at 9 days old died completely unexpectedly from a virus that attacked his brain. One minute he was pink and seemlingly healthy and 3 hours later he was dead, the doctors were gobsmacked as its extremly rare. He was born perfect and it was no-ones fault.

I am very scared this time round, but the doctors said it's so rare it shouldn't happen again.

I was backing off telling you guys as I didn't want to scare you, but he was a big part of my life for 9months and those very precious 9 days. I do talk about him alot at home and with friends as I don't want his memory forgotten or for Max not to know about him and I want to remember the happy times we had with him.

I hope I haven't brought the tone of the thread down at this fab time for everyone.

Jess

06/03/2011 at 19:20
Jess - thank you for telling us about Charlie, it must have been very hard for you to do so. I can't imagine what you have gone through. I look forward to getting to know you through the ups and downs of this pregnancy and hope I can support you, and the others, in any way I can. You haven't brought the tone of the thread down at all - it's here for everyone at anytime, and I'm sure we will all have things to share that although very different are hard for us to come to terms with.

Take care, and hope you've all had a good weekend. I've come back from a lovely escape to my parents whilst the work on our bathroom was started only for hubby and I find quite a few issues with it already - eeeeeek!

xx
06/03/2011 at 19:26

Jess, as George said thanks for telling us about Charlie. You sound very brave and i am so so sorry for your loss. This is what this site's all about sharing our feelings and hardships and you shouldn't feel you have to hold back, we're all here to help and support each other. Congratulations on this pregnancy, must be very bittersweet for you. I look forward to getting to know you better and sharing this special tome with you.

Hope everyone has had lovely weekends. My little girl has been very trying today and i'm completely shattered. Had forgotton how much early pregnancy takes it out of you!

xxx

06/03/2011 at 19:54

I'm crashing so I apologise straight away!!

I just wanted to say congrats to you all and how happy I am for you all. I know a few of you girls incredibly well (George and Rach!!) and I'm delighted to be sharing my journey with you both again.

Jess, I was an avid reader of your Nov 08 thread when all you ladies were having your babies, I was so sorry to read about what happened with little Charlie. I think you're a truely remarkable woman and so brave.

Wishing you all very happy and healthy pregnancies!!

Erika

(13+1)

07/03/2011 at 10:21

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the welcome! I have a slightly different story, this is my first pregnancy and was very unexpected! I've been having problems with the pill and was waiting to have a coil fitted and got caught! I've been with my partner only a short time, just had a big promotion at work and splashed out on my dream car! When I did a test my range of emotions was very different to what I'm sure you guys went through, to say I was devastated was an understatement!

When it finally sunk in what a change of heart! I feel incredibly protective over my bean and my partner has been truly amazing, I'm so excited, but at the same time petrified that something terrible is going to happen! I also feel incredibly guilty that friends of mine have been trying for a long time / going through IVF and I appear to have gotten pregnant so easily, I'm not looking forward to telling them! 

Lucy x

P.s. My boss is going to kill me!  

1 to 20 of 207 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...
MadeForMums
Thinkbaby
Practical Parenting
Junior

Take a peek inside this month's magazine
FREE Baby Flannel plus FREE Thomas and Friends book