forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Birth Groups

July '09 Mummys and Babies

21 to 40 of 463 messages
05/11/2008 at 23:38

Crikey - sorry Roo - another gatecrasher!!

can't believe it's a year since the july 08 thread started - believe me, it feels so slow in the early months, but eventually, the time will fly until the last few weeks, then your babies will take up all your time in so many wonderful ways, but you'll always have your TB family to help out.

Good luck to you all

Amanda & Abi - due july but born june (she just couldn't wait, impatient minx!!) xx

06/11/2008 at 07:51

Thanks Amanda and congrats on the birth of Abi.

I feel ok Rach, trouble sleeping and I am spotty but that's about it for now. I don't normally get strong symptons until about 6 weeks though so I'm just waiting for the sore boobs, back and nausea to kick in.

I'm off to work now but will pop on in work because I'm naughty. x

06/11/2008 at 09:45

Hi Roo, I have just found out that I am about 4-5 weeks and due in July too. I cant believe it as we have been trying for ages. Am so very excited! xx

Edited to say - how do you know exactly how many days you are? Do you calculate from the first day of last period? I have checked on a due date calculator & it says 11th July or thereabouts as well but I just wanted to check...

06/11/2008 at 13:37

Yes that's right hon...put in the date of the first day of your last period and your average cycle length...

Congrats x

06/11/2008 at 13:39

Thanks for that - so I am 5 weeks today! x

06/11/2008 at 19:18

Yet another Gatecrasher from July 08. Congratulations  to Roo, Rachel and Reetyre. My beautiful Esmee was born 19th July and is just a wonder to me daily.  I wish you all lots of luck, baby dust and baby glue, Roo and Rachel fingers crossed for you and try not to worry, easier said than done I know.

My Esmee is my little miracle because I never thought I would be lucky enough to ever have a baby (being single) but the happiest of times for me this time last year when I found out and now daily as she grows and develops.

Anyway.. Might pop in from time to time to see how you are getting along.

All the best.

Kimberley and Esmee 15 weeks

07/11/2008 at 15:57

Thanks Amanda and congrats on the birth of Esmee (what a beautiful name!)

I have had a call from scan unit this morning, they were trying to offer me a scan at 10 weeks, however I have insisted the see me earlier as the consultant I saw about the mc promised me regular early scans from 7 weeks, so am just waiting for a call from the epu but will no doubt be Monday now.

I have lots of pains and niggles today, it's probably stretching and nothing serious but it feels so much like period pains it's impossible not to worry.

How are you girls today? x

07/11/2008 at 16:05

Hi Roo,

I am fine though I had a nightmare last night that it wasnt real so had to test again this morning. Luckily I have a whole load of access diagnostic tests from when we were ttc so its not as expensive as it could be with my paranoia!

I am also having lots of pains, am hoping its stretching too, I think thats what triggered the bad dreams! I would love to hear from someone re a scan or something, make it seem more real as when I went to docs they didnt even test me, just sent me away saying someone would be in touch. Wasn't quite what I was hoping for!

Don't worry too much Roo, we are all in it together!

And thanks Amanda, I think Esmee is a beautiful name too...might add it to my list!

Reety xx

08/11/2008 at 19:17

Hi Reety,

Is this your first pregnancy? How are you feeling today? I actually have a surprising amount of energy...I am sure that in the next few weeks I will  start to feel hideous, and as awful as that will be I will be so happy as it proves that I am pregnant.

Rx

09/11/2008 at 18:52

Hi Reety and Roo,

How are you both today?

I have booked a doctors appointment for next Thursday, so things should be starting to feel more real.

Thanks Kimberley for your kind words, I am trying to enjoy being pregnant, as I was starting to wonder if it would ever happen to me again!

I have also got a lot of energy today and the last few days? not been needing an afternoon nap yet. It's terrible I keep comparing this pregnancy to my last one! I don't need to get up in the middle of the night to go to the loo, and not feeling sick. I know each pregnancy is different but it doesn't stop me worrying.

I am also hoping I have stretching pains, well if we are all getting the same symptoms, it must be a good sigh? 

I went to a friends fireworks display yesterday, and the group of friends were asking about babies, and when we were thinking of starting.... I was dying to say well actually..... I'm Pregnant! to shut them all up, but it is still too early  

The evening was good apart from not being able to drink! still its funny watching everyone else  being silly .

Hope you both have had a good weekend ? 

Got to keep an eye on this site as I haven't been getting emails when someone has responded?  

Rach xx

09/11/2008 at 21:45

Hi Rach,

Thinkbaby is always playing up,  I only get notification emails once in a blue moon...lol!!

Glad you enjoyed your firewor display....it's so hard not being able to say anything isn't it, my sister in law and brother are having ivf at the moment and she keeps discussing 'when she is pregnant..' and I want to say 'I am!!' but I don't want to steal her thunder, nor do I want to jinx things.

My energy levels have remained high, got lot's done around the house today and did a bit more Christmas shopping. I am hoping to hear from the early pregnancy unit tmrw regarding and early scan as I was promised on at 7 weeks due to my mc in August....we will see though...this is the nhs after all. 

Off to surf the net with one eye on Sedxy Sean bean as Sharpe...lol x 

10/11/2008 at 09:34

Hi folks,

Sorry havent been around at weekend, was mostly assembling flat pack furniture! Yes this is my 1st pregnancy and I am having little to no symptoms apart from the (what I assume are) stretching pains) so much that I have taken yet ANOTHER test this morning to confirm that I am still pg (I am by the way!)

I just expected sickness or nausea or going off food but then I am only 5+4 today so it might just be early days.

Got a letter through from midwife, my first appt is 17th Nov at 2.30pm, should take 45 mins it says - I am going to have to tell them quite a list of family ailments. Also I wonder if you girls know - I was prem (9 weeks weighing 3lb8oz) my brother also was prem (11 weeks weighing 2lb 6oz) will this mean that they will want to check me more often?

I have now told my 2 best friends, my parents, one set of godparents & my brother & his fiancee, basically they are all suspicious if I dont drink and I would rather it came out on my terms than theirs. My auntie is already suspicious as I didnt have a drink at her house the other day (you would think i am an alkie!) and she is sniffing round for tit bits of news - argh! At this rate I will have to tell all before I am ready!

Anyway, hope everyone is well. Its scary stuff this pregnancy lark, I am so frightened something will go wrong but hopefully after a terrible year (the worst ever) fate has decided to smile on me and DH!

Have a good day ladies

Reety xxx

10/11/2008 at 09:48

Hi Reety,

I was 4 weeks prem and my sister was 12 weeks prem, I made the mw aware of this in all 3 pregnancies but they didn't seem too concerned by it and it didn't make any difference to the level of care I received. You just need to make sure you have all the infor regarding your Mum's pregnancies....in fact, as daft as this may sound, it may help to take your Mum with you if that is possible? Were there particular reasons your Mum didn't carry to term? My placenta packed in when Mum was carrying me and she had placenta previa with my sister so we know why we were prem....these are the kind of q's the mw should ask.

I did another pg test yesterday just because I am surprised at the lack of symptons....it was most definitely positive....I suppose we should enjoy these 'sympton free' days as we will be moaning soon enough..lol

Speak again soon xx

10/11/2008 at 11:54

Guys,

Has anyone actually been told the size of their baby at this stage? For some reason it seems to be really playing on my mind (prob cos when I was born I could fit in the palm of my dads hand!)

Anyway all the books & websites say different things. At 5+4 so in 6th week it varies from grain of rice, pea, 1mm etc to 2.5cm! Any ideas at all?

Reety x

10/11/2008 at 12:33

Hi there, sorry to pop back (i like to see whats going on with you girls as it was me this time a year ago!). Just to say, am glad you're all feeling well. My symptoms didnt start until about week 8 then barely had anything apart from sore boobs and nausea now and then. (Was lucky really, some women suffered terribly!)

Anyway, a website that i used was recommended by a friend who is a senior midwife in London, babycentre.co.uk . It gives you weekly emails with regards to measurements, progress and a count down time line to your birth day. (It goes really too quickly!)

Good luck!

Charlotte and (busy learning to pull herself up) Abigail. xxx

10/11/2008 at 13:50

Reety,

I read something that told me the baby is the size of a grain of rice at the moment but it more than doubles in the next week or so.

Charlotte, feel free to pop in...it's lovely to hear any view of the pregnancy and you can share all your info and experiences.

I finally got a call back from the EPAU this afternoon (after having to chase them..) I am booked in next Monday 17th first thing, I'm a mixture of excitement and  nerves at the thought of it but will be good to see Ted (nickname for bubs) on the screen if all is well. The lady from EPAU assured me they should be able to see a heartbeat by Monday and that they will also scan me again 3 weeks later.

I'm off to Next now to pick up a new runner for my dinig table....am having to force myself out of the house though as the weather is rubbish!!

Speak later xx

10/11/2008 at 15:40

Ooh good luck Roo, I dont envy you having to go out in this! Mind you I will have to if I want to leave work (and I very much do!)

Exciting re getting a scan on 17th, you will have to let us know how it goes!

Reety xx

10/11/2008 at 16:35

Hi everyone!

I found out I was pregnant last night with our first, much wanted baby. I am due in July as well. All feels very surreal at the moment as I have no symptoms except excitement! So hoping this forum will give me lots of advice in the coming months - such as when do I need to see a doctor or midwife - I rang the surgery and they were very vague.

Best of luck and many congraulations to you all.
Kate xx

10/11/2008 at 16:47

Congratulations Kate! Fantastic news, I am in the exact same boat as you. First baby, so very much wanted, no symptoms, extremely happy but also I dont have a clue what I am doing!

I went in to see the doc and they said nothing to me apart from to refer me to a midwife. I got a letter yesterday (over a week later) to say I have my first appointment next Monday 17th Nov at 2.30pm. I think thats where it all begins so I assume depending on the area you are from that a similar thing will happen to you. It seems doctors dont want to be involved with pregnancy that much!

Here's to a very happy 8 months (or whatever is left!)

Reety xx

10/11/2008 at 17:05

hiya just to let u all know how it worked for me im only a month or so ahead of u so its fairly new info lol i got my first real appointment with my midwife at 8 weeks they say ur first appointment for bloods etc should be between 8 n 12 weeks n i received the date for my first scan through the post (its 2moro so i'll let u no how it goes im terrified at the min lol) if u need any appointments with consultants or anything like that aswell they should come through the post aswell.

when u first see your midwife n get all your notes (which u get to keep by the way so u get to see n read everything thats in there) u get loads of info about diet etc i also got a sheet about what will be happening throughout the weeks so u should no whats coming up etc.

good luck everyone and take care.

xxx 

21 to 40 of 463 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...
MadeForMums
Thinkbaby
Practical Parenting
Junior

Take a peek inside this month's magazine
FREE Baby Flannel plus FREE Thomas and Friends book