forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Birth Groups

July '09 Mummys and Babies

61 to 80 of 463 messages
14/11/2008 at 17:42

Hi Cathy,

When I was pregnant with my baby whicht I lost I used to post on the feb 09 forum and when it was quiet I used to read all the other due in threads...the August one was one of the main ones I followed as you guys were due at the time and I remember reading about you waiting for baby to come...I stopped reading just before you had her as I lost my baby in August so it's lovely to see she arrived safely and you're loving being a Mummy!

Rx

15/11/2008 at 17:55

Hi guys...Roo you have friends!  Roo and friends...sounds like a Winnie the Pooh book

Congrats on your new pregnancies.  I loved drinking a lot pre-pregnancy so thought I'd share my way of keeping baby secret for the first 12 weeks (which I did successfully)

In the pub: If you're with hubby or close friend who knows - ask them to go and get you a vodka and coke (aka a coke please)

At home: Make up a few pre-prepared non-alcoholic drinks in alcoholic looking containers.  I poured away six cans of cider for our BBQ (how it broke my heart!) and filled them with apple juice.

Other people's house parties: As above - but fill screw topped bottles (such as alcopops) with boring old lemonade/cherryade.

Hope this helps

16/11/2008 at 16:22

Afternoon Ladies,

Well I am 6 weeks today! Little one is about 8mm  

I have had a really good weekend not doing a lot, well apart from all the boring normal mundane stuff.

I have been wondering what should do, as I have a work Xmas do on the 20th, It will be round our Md's house and we can stay over? How can I refuse drinks when I have do excuses? ( I work for a small company, very friendly, its a bit like an extended family.)

I was not planning on telling work until January?

Anyone else had these problems?

Rach x

16/11/2008 at 16:34

Hello

I'm also 6 weeks, think Ill be in my 7th week from Tuesday (still a little confused - when I look at different websites showing slightly different dates. My EDD is 14 July 09)

I have a Christmas Party on 11 Dec at a meal, so a bit more difficult to get a way with things too, Im going with my husband, so he can casually sip on my wine, which I imagine is going to be poured and also ask for a glass of water, and just drink that...;/

And if anyone does notice, just gonna say not feeling too well or had a big night the night before and hungover (that would always works)..!

Had a difficult night sleep last night, I read somewhere its best to sleep on your left side.

16/11/2008 at 17:29

Oh my gosh, this really is a Rachel forum!!! 

Rach94, here are my suggestions for a works do...

Antibiotics for a lady problem usually shuts up most men

Or nurse a drink if you're comfortable just having the one.

Have one drink but say you have a pounding headache and don't want to make it worse by having another. 

Confide in a member of bar staff and ask them to serve you weak white wine spritzers instead of full strength glasses of wine. 

Or just drink coke and say it's a vodka and coke. 

16/11/2008 at 18:06

Thanks Loopy,

I think I might use the old Women's problems idea.

Rach, I was told by the Doc, I was due on the 13th Before that I thought it was 11th or 12th. I will just use the 13th as a guide line until the midwife tells me otherwise as it could go either way?  

Not looking forward in work tomorrow, just can't be bothered with it. If I am like this now what will I be like when I am heavily pregnant  lol 

Have a good evening girls

x Rach x

16/11/2008 at 18:20

lemonade workd well too...I did this during my pregnancy.

Thanks Roo - Molly is lovely...hope this pregnancy is all ok. xxx

16/11/2008 at 18:32

Im feeling rubbish today too, but hopefully it's just the first trimenster...I feel nauseus now..think u start to feel better after the 12 weeks...

16/11/2008 at 18:33

I guess we'll find out on the scan, the more exact date

16/11/2008 at 20:35

Hi all

I found out of Friday (3 days ago) that I may be pregnant. I had a blood test done as I thought I was low on iron so doc added the pregnancy one it too.  Well it came back with an hCG level of only 18 so I am having another test done tomorrow (Monday) to see whats going on but he said he would class it as a pregnancy.

We were shocked at first as my husband left 2 weeks ago to go on tour (army) and we weren't planning anymore. We have 2 beautiful kids now Regan she will be 8 on the 19th and Lee he is 4 so as you can see this wasn't what we wanted but if it is a pregnancy then it will be great for us.

I will let you all know what the result is when I get it.

I am now quite excited but strangely nervous lol.  My 2 were 2wks and 1wk over and natural births.

Thanks

Angela

16/11/2008 at 20:36

Hi Girls,

I totally understand this problem of getting away with not drinking...I was also a big smoker so can you imagine how obvious it will be when I'm not smoking as well as not getting trollied! I have gotten away with it in work (not smoking) so far by, everytime someone asks me to go out for a smoke I say 'oh, I've just been' thankfully there are so many smokers it's very likely. I am hoping that our works do will be cancelled this year, I work for a well known high street bank which is in some financial difficulties and the media are having a field day any time there is a 'do' so it would be a lot easier for me if there was no do at all....lol!!

I have had some nausea on and off all day and my back has been agony all day....I have been attached to my hot water bottle throughout the day.

I'm 6+2 today and am having my scan tomorrow at the epu, I'm very nervous about it...this is just a scan to check there is a heartbeat etc but I know they also want to check ymcervix to see if that gives any clues as to why I lost Hope.

I'm off to get ready for I'm a celeb.....can't bloooomin wait! Hope you girls are all ok and work isn't too awful for you xxxx

16/11/2008 at 20:37
Hi Ang, welcome and good luck for tmrw, I hope you get the result you want xx
16/11/2008 at 22:46

Hi Ang,

Hope the knews is good for you...if you are pregnant you can join all of us on your 3rd journey and help us with our troubles...Congrats if you are anyway, will be a nice age gap ;;) Good Luck2moro.

Peeps,

I used to smoke very occasionaly/socially so luckily not a prob for me...must be hard to give up..........

I used to go to bed late (normal for me) around midnight/1am, now struggling past 10pm, so Im tired now, just got in from having a meal...off to bed in a now.

17/11/2008 at 08:52

Hi all

Well I have just been to the docs and have had another blood test done so I wont find out til Wednesday now but I still haven't had my period so will wait n see.

Thanks for the replys

Angela xx

17/11/2008 at 09:26

Hi everyone

We had our boozy friends around over the weekend. They knew we wanted a baby so I just said that I had read that fertility was affected by drinking (true!!)and so i wasn't drinking. They were definitely not convinced and asked me three times if  was pregnant but I stuck to my guns - it is just too early for me to tell everyone. Did tell both families which was lovely and made it feel real. I feel for you Roo having to give up smoking and drinking at the same time, I used to smoke and I remember all too clearly how hard it is to give up.

The sickness has been really bad over the weekend - I don't throw up but just feel vile all waking hours - my Mum says she was the same and it does stop but I hate it.

Rach 94 I am a Cambs/Herts border girl (Royston)! By the way I looked on the back of the Haagen Dazs and that says egg yolk as well so I am avoiding it all together. You have to be so careful don't you - I was so surprised that packaged icecream was off limits.

Have a great week everyone.

Love

Kate

xxx

17/11/2008 at 13:09

Morning all,

Well, been to hospital and have come away a little fed up, however, it wasn't bad news. Basically they think I'm less then I say I am...i.e. they think I'm about 5 weeks but they said that last time with Hope, they said I wasn't due until first week in March but when it came to the dating scan they told me 22nd Feb which is pretty much what I thought in the first place. Basically, they could see the feotal pole and the 'pregnancy' as such but no heartbeat but they said that's probably because it's too soon. I've been booked in for 2 wks (1st Dec) for another internal and they said all being well they should be able to see the hb then....I know it's not 'bad' news as such but I just feel a little 'lost' as I'd been building myself up for either bad news or seeing a little bean with a hb and I'm somewhere which is inbetween...I know I probably sound ungrateful because at least it wasn't bad news but I can't explain it.  The lady said that they won't do anything with my cervix until I have passed 12 weeks, which obviously means they are concentrating on the fact that they think it was a problem to do with my cervix which caused me to lose Hope...I don't see how as I had Immie with no issues but seeing as though the incompetent bafoons lost all my info they are clutching at straws..grr!

Sorry I'm such a whinge bag, I don't know what's wrong with me.

Kate, the giving up smoking has actually been pretty easy as I was so desperate to get pregnant again that giving up anything for it is quite a pleasure, if you see what I mean. My hubby has also quit which is a great help to be honest!

Good for you for sticking to your guns...I am really going to struggle as am looking proper tubby round my belly and look about 4 months gone already, hilarious considering that ted is the size of a kidney bean.

I'm off to town for some retail therapy, I'm absolutely exhausted and my eyes are stinging but need to get some  fresh air!

Rx

17/11/2008 at 13:24

Hi folks

Just back from the docs and had the bloods done again and the nurse also did a wee test too and it was negative. She said it might have been the pill I was on that made the hCG level.

Im so confused to whether I am or not because I was reading the nhs book and I have 4 out of 7 of the sypmtoms they list.

Wednesday is gonna be so far away now. I didn't want anymore but I was getting used to the idea of another and now I don't know whats going on in my body

I will keep you all posted on what happens.

Thanks Angela xx

18/11/2008 at 20:21

Hi Ang,

I really hope tmrw goes the way you want chick. xx

How are the rest of you girlies? xx

19/11/2008 at 14:37

Hi all

Well got the results today and my hcg level is only 19 now (18 before) so I am not pregnant but we still dont know whats going on in there.

So I will say goodbye to you all and wish everyone all the best with there little bundles

Thanks for everything and good luck

Angela xxx

19/11/2008 at 20:33

Oh Angela,

Sorry to hear you will not be joining us. Hope they get to find out whats going on!

Take care x

Well ladies I think this is the earliest I have been to bed since I was little! I'm just so tired today, so have left hubby in piece to watch the footie, just hope he doesn't get all passionate about the game and start shouting at the TV! men

Hope you are all well, and not suffering too much with morning sickness. I have just been feeling a bit nauseous, but with some food down me that seems to go? still hungry, it seems all the time? anyone else the same??

Think I will get some shut eye now.

Till tomorrow night all xx

61 to 80 of 463 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...
MadeForMums
Thinkbaby
Practical Parenting
Junior

Take a peek inside this month's magazine
FREE Baby Flannel plus FREE Thomas and Friends book