forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Birth Groups

May 2012

1 to 20 of 26 messages
18/09/2011 at 08:33

Well it's official I'm preggers with baby no 3, quite a shock I can tell you!  We were very happy with our 2 boys, but accidents happen and this one is (now the shock has wore of) the best of accidents!  Any one else found out they're expecting in May?   

Bev xx

19/09/2011 at 17:40

Yep, I'm due in May, can't find a Birth Group for it yet though. I'm due on 15th May 2012. It's my second, by my first was born 15 years ago so I don't remember all that much. I'm so excited that I just want it to hurry up! We planned this pregnancy, but didn't expect it to happen immediately, but we managed it first time =) We're so happy, and my Son is elated he's going to have a little brother or sister!

19/09/2011 at 19:37

Well now there's 2 of us, we have a birth group!  Congrats!!  My boys are just babies, Ben the eldest is 3 and William is 18 months, so when number 3 comes along, I'll have 3 under 4!  I can remember everything of both pregnancies and the births, but as both were sections I'll be having another.  Will you find out what you're having?

20/09/2011 at 18:49

Yes we will definately, we'd both like to plan, will you?

27/09/2011 at 09:47

Hi Ladies,

I've just found out I'm expecting my first baby in May 2012.  Only did a test at the weekend and it was positive.  Bit of a shock as I've got Polycystic Ovaries so never expected to conceive naturally, but hey-ho!  My partner and I (although we've got loads to do now, before its born) are ecstatic and can't wait to meet our bundle!

I went to the GP yesterday and was quite disappointed at the lack of anything from him.  He basically told me to take folic acid, and gave me a telephone number to get an appointment with a midwife.  I was expecting a least a bounty pack or something.  I called the midwife this morning but they dont need to see me until 10 weeks.... which means I'm just left to it alone until mid October.  I'm a little confused as I've been given no advice or guidance and everything on the internet is so contradictory!

Any suggestions?

Gertie xx

p.s. My profile says I'm at 9 weeks, I'm only at 6 and a bit, how do I change this??

27/09/2011 at 10:43

Hiya

Congrats to you all! I have recently found out I am pregnant with baby no. 3... already have two boys aged 4 & 3!! Wasn't exactly planned but we are very happy to be expecting... thinking we are due May 2012 but won't know for definite until first scan as last cycle ended in an early miscarriage (took a pregnancy test on day period due and it was positive but a week later lost the pregnancy)... had no idea we would get pregnant right away after that but we did!!! So not sure how to date the pregnancy as don't have an accurate period date to calculate from?!! Obviously very nervous of having another miss with getting pregnant so soon after one but keeping everything crossed baby sticks!

Hopefully I am right in thinking we will be due in May but will have to wait for scan to be sure!! Midwife can't help date it anymore than we can lol

Anyway wishing you all wonderful pregancies and hoping I will be joining you on the journey!

M x

28/09/2011 at 16:05

Hello all and Congrats. 

I am gonna find out what we're having, I have loads of boys stuff which I planning on donating, but now I'll wait until I know what we're having.  

Gertie - I know it appears your doc is not interested but there's not a lot anyone can do for you just yet.  Just eat well, get lots of rest and get yourself a good pregnancy book.  It's great news that you managed to conceive without help, much more relaxing than the months of tests and drugs and dates and doing the deed when you need to rather than being in the mood!  

Hi M congrats on no 3, I hope you're right with your dates and you'll stay with us here.  I have 2 boys also, aged 3 and 18 months, so when no 3 comes along I'll have 3 under 4!  This was sooooo not we had planned but fate had other ideas and now we're really happy! 

I hope you're all feeling ok, I've had a bit of a stomach bug for the last few days - so have been very tired and a weak.  Feeling much better today though, just hoping all is well with bump, I know stomach bugs can be dangerous in early pregnancy.  

Take care ladies....  

Bev xx

04/10/2011 at 10:26

Hi, I can't believe there is a May 2012 thread already!  I was a May 2011 mummy, he is now a gorgeous chubby 4 month old, time flies!  Good luck to you all and wishing you all a happy healthy 9 months

18/10/2011 at 16:21

Hiya ladies,

Bev - hope you are feeling better now.

I had my booking appointment with midwife today... got all the paperwork out the way (yawn lol)... no EDD as can't calculate with not having had a period so she has put me in for an early dating scan next week (excited much!).... be nice to get an EDD and no when due! Have terrible morning sickness... much worse than had with the boys so who knows, maybe a girl, maybe twins??? LOL At least the sickness, exhaustion and terribly sore boobs are giving me confidence baby is ok this time and sticking!!

Next midwife appointment next week too same day as scan... they have changed booking up here a bit as now you just get paperwork on appointment one and then first bloods done at appointment two a week later? Think it is to reduce appointment times... not sure! Anyway... more concerned about getting scan, knowing baby ok and finding out when due!

Hope you are all keeping well and will let you know if I will be a May 2012 mummy after my scan next week!!

M xx

18/10/2011 at 21:42

Hello M

How exciting for you!  Fingers crossed all goes well with this and you stay with us in May!  I'm gonna make an appoinment to see my ONGYN next week, I live in Cairo so things are a bit different here, I'm coming back to the UK to deliver though, had both my boys back in the UK, not keen on the idea of my kids being born in Egypt.  Will you find out what you're having?  I know this scan is a bit early to tell but can you wait?  I know I can't, but only cause I wanna know if I should keep all my baby boy stuff.  LOL.

Hope the rest of you are well, there must be a few more May mums out there, why not say hello??

Bev xx

18/10/2011 at 22:48

Hiya

To find out the sex we have to book a private scan as in this area of scotland they won't tell you at your standard NHS scans... policy now after too many people complained or sued when they got it wrong!!! Had a private scan done with my second to find out... quite pricy... but if we have the pennies spare we will have it done. Now that my youngest is 3 we have got rid of all the baby stuff so will be rebuying everything anyway!!

Must take some organising to come back to UK for delivery?

M x

25/10/2011 at 10:32

Hiya... have my dating scan in an hour.... nervous about all being okay and excited all at the same time! Will finally know when baby will be due... hopefully still be a May 2012 mummy!! Will let you know! Hope everyone okay and not suffering badly with morning sickness as I am... been really bad this time round... maybe it will be a girl this time eh!!!?! Just praying it doesn't mean twins... eeek!

Take care all... and come on there must be more May 2012 mummies to be out there by now... I used Thinkbaby throughout both my boys pregnancies and it is the most supportive site I have ever used so don't be shy and come and join us!

M xxx

25/10/2011 at 15:28

Hello M, how the scan go?  I hope you're still with me, at this rate May 2012 will be just me and you!  lol  My OBGYN cancelled my appointment, was gutted as was looking forward to seeing the bean, going on Thursday evening instead.  Sorry to hear you're sick, I've never been sick with any of mine and this one is the same, but I cannot get enough sleep, I swear I could sleep 24/7 right now.  Not such an issue coming back to blighty for delivery - my local maternity hospital is great, the head midwife is just awesome and this summer we bought a house so this time I wont have to crash at my parents house for 4 months!  Though I suspect with 2 kids and a new born I may wish I was still at mums!  

To anyone else watching quietly, let us know how you're doing, I'm still in touch with several girls from my due June 08 thread, in fact it's still going?  The support I got especially as it was my first was great, so say hi!

Love Bev xx

25/10/2011 at 16:07

Hiya... scan went great! Measurements showing me at 10+1 with an EDD of 21/5/11 so a May 2012 mummy Date might change slightly at next scan but not alot... have another scan in three weeks time as was too early today to do the proper measurements and nuceal testing, etc... Baby was certainly active... doing back flips! Had midwife this afternoon so first bloods done and dusted. Not back to MW now until middle December when near 17weeks but least got a scan inbetween time.

Sorry to hear about your appointment... its horrid when you get all excited about appointments and then they cancel grrr... hope Thursday comes round quickly for you! Aw how relaxing it must be for you to know you have a house to come back to ready for baby... nice to have the peace of mind I bet!

Anyway must dash as two naughty boys behind me causing destruction... hope you start to feel less tired soon Bev!

Take care,

M x

28/10/2011 at 12:54

Hi ladies, just though I'd introduce myself and congratulate you all.  I'm Lyndsey and I'm 10 weeks pg with my second baby.  My first was born in Nov 10 and will be one next week and 18 months when the little one comes along - eek!  I joined TB when I was ttc my son and made some friends on the ttc and birth boards, really helped me through.  I had a scan yesterday as I've been having bad cramps but all is well and baby is absolutely fine.  Going back next week for my nuchal test/dating scan.

Hope you are all well xx

28/10/2011 at 16:51

Hello all;

M ; great news you're still a May mum, and so pleased all was well with your little acrobat!

Welcome Lyndsey - I hope you've buckets of energy flower, you're gonna need it with 2 under 2!  There's 21 months between my 2 and it's tough, though freinds I know with kids close in age say once they get a bit older it's easy as they keep each other occupied.  I'm just staring to see that happening with my 2 and the youngest is 19 months!

Well I'm afraid and very sorry to say I'm leaving you.  I went for my apt last night with my OBGYN and there was no heartbeat, so no May 2012 baby for me.    needless to say I'm gutted and though this wasn't a planned pregnancy I was excited about being a mummy again, however, as I'm almost 40 and struggling looking after 2 small boys (my eldest is ADHD) it's probably for the best. Mother nature though cruel at times is a much smarter woman than me.  So I wish you all the very best of luck with your bumps, take care I'm sure I'll keep an eye on you. 

Love Bev xxx

29/10/2011 at 00:01

Aw Bev I am soo sorry to hear your sad news and gutted you won't be staying with us... please keep in touch... sending you lots of cyber hugs xxx

Lynzz - welcome and congrats! There is only 12 months between my two boys and it has been tough having two so close in age but when they are getting along and not fighting over sharing everything it's wonderful... they are great friends and I hope they stay so as they grow up. When this little one comes along I will have three under 5 so slightly apprehensive about coping with a mad house of youngsters!!!

I am still being terribly sick... much more than with either of the boys... looking forward to it passing and feeling more of the 'blooming' that usually comes next trimester!

M x

23/11/2011 at 16:48

Aww, I've just caught up, so sorry to hear your news Bev, take care of yourself and thanks for the advice xxxx

M, hope you are feeling better now xx

I went for my second scan and nuchal test - baby is fine but was lying on his/her side and refusing to turn despite my best acrobatics.  I also have a tilted womb which made it impossible to get the nuchal test readings (last time the sonographer got the nuchal but only 2 of the 3 size measurements).  It will right itself later in preg - last time, it moved whilst i was walking round Sainsburys, it was a very weird sensation, like a seesaw going on inside me!

23/11/2011 at 17:50

Hiya Lynzz,

Glad to hear all is fine with baby. I had my second scan and nuchal test done last week - waiting for the letter now with the results! My little bean was being difficult too and lying funny but she got the measurements in the end. Baby had grown loads since first scan and they gave me a final EDD of 18/05/12. What's your due date?

Will you be getting a sexing scan? We are thinking about a 4D one... had one with my second and it was amazing.

Still getting some sickness and 14+5weeks now... especially sick when I first wake up! Hoping it will pass soon. My horrible itchy skin after baths / showers is back... had it with both my previous pregnancies... after a bath or shower I get insanely itchy skin... drives me crazy but usually passes within an hr!

There must be other 'Due May 2012' mummies out there???? Come on ladies don't be shy!

Bev - hope you are okay hun, thinking of you x

M xx

25/11/2011 at 11:29

My due date is the 19th.  We're hoping to find out sex at 20 week scan like we did last time (send girl vibes this way please!) and we will probably have a 4D scan like last time too.  Sorry to hear you feel poo, hope it passes soon.  I am full of cold and feeling rotten plus my pelvis has started to give my pain (I had bad spd last time).

Thinkbaby is very quiet on the birth boards sadly, I use another forum where there are already 1200 May mummies but it is actually too busy - I can never keep up!  Perhaps we should look at merging with April or June (or both) as that's what often happens on this site?  What do you think?

1 to 20 of 26 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...
MadeForMums
Thinkbaby
Practical Parenting
Junior

Take a peek inside this month's magazine
FREE Baby Flannel plus FREE Thomas and Friends book
Find your nearest stockist here