forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Birth

do it standing

2 messages
23/06/2008 at 19:12

I gave birth to my son on the 7th june 2008 and it was an experience ill never forget.

I have a tilted pelvis which means i find it difficult to push baby out so i insisted on an active birth a i was made to stay on the bed on my back with my other two sons and i endured a 13 hour labour and a 9 hour labour.

As i asked my midwife followed my birth plan and helped me into every positoin from lying on my back, sitting up, laying on my left side ( which got things moving) kneeling on all fours but after 2 hours of pushing she made me stand leaning on the bed.

The pressure was unbelivable but after 2 contractions i felt my son physiacally drop down and he was born within minutes.

I would say to any one if they have problems pushing as i do stand it will all be over so much quicker and i didnt even need stitches.

23/06/2008 at 20:03
Hi laura.. im on my 2nd pregnancy but first baby to be.. iv been thinking about having a natural water birth.. but was planning in moving about through contractions.. iv got about 2 and a half months to go..
First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
2 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...