forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Birth

how to get started!

11 messages
24/11/2005 at 15:00
hi guys!

has anyone got any ideas how i can get started with labour. my midwife keeps saying he'll be here soon, his in the right postion, etc.

i'm just over 38 weeks and really need to get him out now, i'm like a beached whale with tiger stripes all over my belly.

i've tried hot curry and sex but they haven't helped any ideas??????
24/11/2005 at 15:09
Wow, two threads on this within an hour of each other, could we be seeing two new ThinkBaby babies this week?

Apart from curries and sex, TB members have recommended burning clary sage oil, drinking raspberry leaf tea and nipple stimulation, one TB member even claims that Chinese meals worked for her twice!

If you want to see the other thread from today it's here Clare is in a similar position to you Lucy.
24/11/2005 at 15:22
Hi Lucy I've heard that hot baths and walking can help. The walking has something to do with the pressure of your baby's head pressing down on the cervix and stimulating labour. Good luck! Let us know when the big day finally arrives
25/11/2005 at 15:13
Any news Lucy?
28/11/2005 at 10:23
Hi Lucy

In case you haven't delivered yet...I gave birth to my little boy (now 18 months)three weeks ahead of time by going on a mammoth 5 hr stroll around the park, with regular park bench stops of course. Be warned; Little did I know then that it would be followed by a 36 hour labour! Best of luck!
28/11/2005 at 15:47
Was that a deliberate tactic Angelique??

Lucy, what's news?
28/11/2005 at 17:12
no, not so much deliberate as accidental. But I can vouch for it working.
01/12/2005 at 12:56
So you accidentally went for a five-hour walk or you just didn't expect it to have that effect? It must have either been a gorgeous day or great conversation!
08/01/2006 at 17:21
hi guys sorry not replied but he's finally here!

i ended up getting pre eclapsia a cople of days after my thread, i had to stay in hospital for two weeks until i was induced anyway.

i gave birth to a beautiful baby boy on 5th december by emergancy c section, after a 12 hour labour.

09/01/2006 at 10:20
many congratulations Lucy!
11/01/2006 at 15:51
Hey Lucy, congratulations! Sounds like it was a bit of a slog, but welcome back to the forum bunch at Think baby! xxx
First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
11 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...