forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Careers

New Job

2 messages
10/08/2009 at 19:49

Hi All,

I was cabin crew for 3 years until march of this year when I took redundancy as I was sick of commuting from manchester to london for work. My pay off wasnt great but I figured it would last me the summer, I'd have a well deserved break and then reapply for jobs around now. However, I found out we were expecting in June (baby due feb 2010) and am now really struggling for money. I need to start work but Im concerned about applying for jobs when Im nearly 4 months pregnant. Has anyone been in this position or have any advice for me?

Thanks in advnace.

xxx

10/08/2009 at 20:47

Hi

I haven't been in this position myself but have chaired many interviews on behalf of the company I work for.   Employers should not discriminate on the basis of pregnancy and should only discount a pregnant applicant on the basis that their skills and experience are not the most suitable for the post.  The best advice I can give is to complete application forms as you usually would and, if invited to interview, be honest about your pregnancy, the jobs you are able to do and the hours you intend to work on your return.  Working mums are a positive asset too.

Good Luck x

First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
2 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?