forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Careers

SAHM doing USBORNE!

4 messages
07/01/2009 at 12:41
I have been a SAHM for over 2 years, decided i needed todo something to stimulate my brain so i took up with Usborne books in September and have had a very enjoyable few months with them, i can decide what events i do, times i do, around my son (2 1/2) and im 20 weeks along with number 2, so far i have done family sales, christmas fairs, ladies evenings and i have a funday to attend this weekend. We also have a large supply of books at home now for my son to look at, he loves them too..... if anyones interested in doing something like this i could send you more information X
07/01/2009 at 12:54

Hi,

I have been researching options where I can work either fully or partially from home and suit the hours to me and my 4 month old daughter.  I should be going back to work part time in April but I don't earn much and childcare is so expensive I fell I will be worse off financially if I do this.  Any info you have would be great. Thanks

07/01/2009 at 17:39

Hi Gem, Ive found it works really well around my son, luckily i havent needed to return straight to work as i know i would of found the childcare costs to much to afford.

Usborne is perfect to top up some money along side a part time job, (infact i planned to run this alongside childminding but when i found out i was pregnant i have delayed childminding until september but at the minute im loving just doing usborne) so its completely up to you how much of your time you can give over for it and to how much you earn, if you love books then youd be well away.

Anyways if you fancy having a look at www.usborneonline.org/emz7and go to the heading 'join my usborne team' and read 'make money with usborne' that will tell you most of what you want to know, then if you have any further questions you can email me at emzie7@hotmail.co.uk and ill be happy to explain anything you want to ask.

Have fun reading x

05/03/2009 at 22:07

Hi,

It is good to hear of other mums finding ways to work at home around children. I am an agent for Tish Tash Toys and love it. Also I don't know if you have heard of it but there is a new site for party planners called Party Plan Together. It has some really useful articles, and a forum to network with other reps and agents.

First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
4 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...