forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Careers

TIME OFF WORK, WHAT DO WE DO?

4 messages
31/10/2011 at 14:02

Me again

Recently with my high level of tiredness and excess vommitting I have had sooooo many days off work. Im only 15 weeks pregs

I work supporting mental health cleints and it can be quite tiresome and most mornings I cannot manage to get into work

When my mum comes to visit she makes me feel like such a drama queen. "IN MY DAY"....bla bla bla!!!

Work have been very supportive but at the end of the day I am pregnant NOT SICK, and I really cant risk my job, but I cant risk my health either. 

What a dilemma

Any advice

09/11/2011 at 11:32

Well obviously the health of you and your baby is the most important thing here. Your work will be understanding. Have you been to see your doctor and told him about your problem? He may tell you to stop working until you have the baby or maybe he'll suggest you cut back your hours. But at least you'll have his recommendations behind you and you can provide a note to your boss.  A friend of mine was taken off work for 6 months before her baby was due because she was so sick. 

As for your mom, she should know that every pregnancy is different and that just because she didn't experience it doesn't mean others don't. And I'm sure there were plenty of pregnant women who experience sickness back in her day, they just didn't talk about it openly. I would just tell her that your not going to try and be some kind of "hero" and fight through it and go to work if it risks the health of your baby. It's just not worth it. 

24/11/2011 at 11:02

Thank you laura,

The baby does come first. Unfortunately as I have bills and rent to pay I cannot afford endless time off. I have taken some annual leave to rest and vommit at home rather than infront of my mental health cleints!!

I have also been thinking strongly that instead of returning to that nature of work I will be studying to do my PGCE and do my teachers training as Ive dreamt of

Thanks alot and I have explained how I feel with mum, we dont all come from the tough as old boots generation. x

25/07/2012 at 03:45

just wondering how it all went? I kind of am facing the same situation at work as well. having to take a lot of sick leave and its not as if i want to but this pregnancy is being quite challenging for me. Any tips?

First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
4 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...