forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Childcare

Nursery??

1 message
10/09/2008 at 09:40

Hi ladies, I have a bit of an awkward situation.

My daughter is 2 years and 3 months old and my mum has been caring for her whilst my husband and I both work full time. She has been looking after her for 4 days a week since I went back to work when she was 6 months old. My husband has a weekday off and is often finished work by 3 or 4pm.

The thing is now my mum is getting quite sick with various illnesses, diabetes, arthritis and glaucoma. We spoke about nurseries etc and at first my mum was adamant that she was fine and didnt want to send her to a nursery and that they cost too much.

I was thinking now perhaps to send her to nursery even just one day a week i.e. Monday so that Mum would only have her Tues/Thurs/Fri to perhaps lighten the load. I also suggested to my mum that i have two aunts who live on the same/next road to my mum and who are very close to each other whether it would be a nice idea if i asked them to do one day a week every other week so effectively my mum would then only have her a maximum of 3 days a week and she says she can handle that but she was so upset when i suggested it to her.

I told her that she shouldnt be so proud to ask for help or admit that she gets tired and that she has done and continues to do an amazing job and i can never repay her for it.

Does anyone else have more than one person or more than one type of childcare a week and how do you schedule it??

First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
1 message
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...