forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Dads

Feeling ignored and neglected.

5 messages
08/01/2012 at 19:10

my wife is 7 weeks pregnant and I'm feeling left out and not appreciated.  What should I do?

11/01/2012 at 08:34
Hi, Early pregnancy is tough, in fact the full nine months is tough! Your wife is probably feeling incredibly sick, exhausted, and emotional, not to mention this must be an incredibly worrying time for your wife too, so your support is incredibly important at this time. Hate to say it but you're going to have to man-up and be there for your wife, she needs your love and support. Really hope the pregnancy is going well and you feel happier about the whole thing too x
11/01/2012 at 10:12

I know all that thank you!  And I do not like your advice to man-up.  This my first child and obviously have not experienced this before.  I am particularly sensitive as is my wife.  Do not impose bad advice on me.  There are many people on this website and a more sympathetic and empathetic way of looking at things and expressing oneself should be taken.  That was a particulaly bad day when I posted this thread, since them things have much improved.  Glory to God for bringing a new soul into our lives!!!

11/01/2012 at 17:28
DaddyDrea, none of my advice was meant to be harsh, and i cerainly wasn't trying to be nasty, and I know it can ge tough on the daddies too, just the very early days are very tough for the woman and (I know you guys are feeling it too) but that's when she really needs you to just be there, as selfish as it may be. Sorry message came across harsh, Just what I wanted to get across is that your wife needed you. Brilliant that you're in a better place now and excited about your baby's arrival. It really is the most amazing thing. I really hope your wife has a happy and healthy pregnancy, and you both can enjoy it.
13/01/2012 at 19:29

no worries, it's ok.  thank you very much for your last reply. 

First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
5 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...