forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Fertility problems

just starting clomid

12 messages
18/09/2007 at 22:59

Hi all, i have been for my test results today at 3pm and have been put on clomid tablets for pcos.

The lady which prescribed me (not my usual dr, just a nurse)gave me my results and prescribed my clomid plus something else which starts me bleeding as i haven't had a bleed in ages.

She told me i could only have this clomid for 12 months and if it didn't work the only other chance i have is ivf which we would have to pay for as we already have 1 child (a beautiful little girl who is now 2 years old)

i'm so scared the clomid wont work in this 12 months and we will get into lots of debt trying ivf. this is not fair-yes i know i have 1 child and yes i do feel very lucky to have her and she means the world to me-but why do they think this makes it any easier that i have another a child that i should just be happy! i am happy but i crave another baby!!!!

It really makes me so upset! emily jade was my first born (hopefully not my last) and as you all know, first borns are a worry as you dont know what to expect and constantly worry about them etc and i crave another baby to just enjoy knowing i have been through it and to just ENJOY.

I think it should be if you have 2 children you dont get free chance at ivf personally.

I dont know i'm just so upset n need someone to talk to who understands me!!

What if these 12 months dont work? will i end up re-mortgaging my home for another child?

Sorry for the rant just feel so low.

Lynsey x x

19/09/2007 at 01:08

Hi Mummy

big hugs babe

i think you hit the nail on the head. i have spent harrys first year terrified about doing everything right and listening to everyones advice and absolulty agree, we have decided to try for number 2 and this time i am determined to enjoy it.

i only just came off the pill after my wedding 3 weeks ago so i am hoping to start tracking my period but already i have done 3 tests this week just incase and im at that point again when i am staring at baby clothes everywhere i go.

If its any consolation i had PCOS albeit it mild, and still concieved twice. There must be lost of women on here that have been in your position and i bet there are plenty of happy endings to reassure you.

20/09/2007 at 09:59

hi mummy

i dont have any fertillty problems,but i understand how u feel about wanting another child,it doesnt mean u are not happy with the child u have,its nice for them to have a sibbling.

my husband and i are having big problems at the mo!he has 2 children from previous 15 and 12 and we have a beautiful daughter together,he doesnt want anymore kids but of corse i only have 1 child shes 16months and with the hugh age gap will be like an only child,i not only want another child for her it is for me to.

im finding the thought of never having another child devasting!as im sure u do!

this is really affecting our relationship(what there is left of it)

i just want 1 more child and then my family will be complete,as u said u do spend alot of time worrying is this wrong is that wrong r they ok etc.......and i agree second time around would hopfully be more enjoyable!

i do hope tablets work for u!

good luck!

carolxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

22/09/2007 at 10:08

Thankyou for your replies Kathy and Carol .

Hope you get preg very soon Kathy.

Carol-i do hope things work out for you hun.

Good luck both of you.

Lynsey x x

16/04/2008 at 11:07

Hi

I was like you i was put on clomid after 3 and half years of trying naturally. I was given tablets to start my periods then on the 2nd day of my period had to take the clomid. I went for blood tests 21days later to see if they had worked. Normal progestrian levels are 45-89 i was told mine were 165 so its save to say they worked. So before i took my next lot of tablets i had to do a test if i didnt have a period which was common for i think i had 3 last year!! so i did the test and it was positive ive done 4 all positive had bloods taken as well to confirm it im only 5wks but they work. after over 3 years of trying nothing take a tablet for 5days then boom!! 

They do work so don't give up hope if it doesnt work straight away. Good luck

19/04/2008 at 15:17

Try not to worry too much and stay positive!  I have PCOS and had a twin boy and girl in 1997 following two high doses of clomid (a very old fashioned doctor who didn't really understand how they worked and mis-diagnosed.  When he prescribed them he told me to take them for the first month but still use other contraception - when I queried how I could possibly get pregnant then he got his book out and said oh no you don't need to use anything!  Doh!)  Anyway, I was orginally expecting triplets (shock!) but sadly lost one between 12 and 16 weeks.  Fortunately the other two were fine and only born 3 weeks early.

When the twins were around 3 years old we decided to try for another baby and many people had said after being pregnant it can kick-start your system and it could happen naturally.  We tried for a year or so and nothing happened except very irregular periods so I went to the doctor (a new one by now!) He put me on 3 month supply but unfortunately nothing.  I repeated this around a year later  but unfortunately still  could not get pregnant and I was down for quite a while but then took comfort in the fact that I already had two happy and healthy children.  However, my yearning for another child would not go away so at the end of 2006 I went back to the doctor and after various tests he agreed to let me have one more 3 month course (have to admit I didn't hold out much hope but it was worth a try).

I had almost resigned myself to the fact that I was not meant to have any other children and looked into becoming a childminder so that I could spend time doing what I loved. We couldn't afford IFV so that would have to be that.  First two months - that sinking feeling when the period starts and I thought well I'll take the last course but it won't happen.  I immersed myself in pursuing the childminding path and low and behold although I had period type pains I realised my period was 3 days late!  I did a test still not expecting it to be positive but it was!  Three more tests later and I actually started to believe it!

Megan was born in December so she is now 4 months old.  My twins were 10 years and 1 month when she was born and they absolutely dote on her.  Megan is the most happy and content baby that you could wish for and was definately worth the 7 year wait!  I am now about to start my childminding training as I don't want to go back to work and leave her! So I would say to you and anyone else just don't give up and if you can relax and try not to think about the whole infertility thing it seems to work better. 

Best of luck and keep us informed.   xx

20/04/2008 at 11:23
Hi, me again! Just want to say that I hope my experience above hasn't worried you more! I'm sure it won't take you nearly as long to conceive - I only had 3 months of Clomid at a time and gaps of several years in between!  What I was trying to get across is that if you can try and relax a bit and not get obsessed with the whole thing it seems to suddenly work!   When I prepared myself for it not working and didn't even think about it - hey presto!  I know its easy to say but it really is good advice (I know several people who have found the same thing.
22/09/2008 at 17:16

hi hun...i really feel for you,but if you start thinking "right ive one year2get pg ,thats my lot" u'll be under a lot of stree and there fore may not conceive! you should just think...if im not pg in this yr that im gettong clomid,i will carry on as i'll buy some online!!?? they dont cost much at all,u get 30 tablets (50mg) for £46,u only need 5 a mth dont you? if it did come to this though i would totally recommend you take a 3mth break after the yr of perscribed clomid,just to give your body a break but your not going to need this as you WILL get pregnant soon hun,think positivley...it does you the world of good you will have two children....u will have more if you want!!

i myself,will probabley be perscribed clomid,as ive low estrogen levels,i had bloods done at the consultant(for somethinf totally different)anyway they tested my hormones and when i went to see my gp he said although you havent had the follow up app yet i need2tell you,youve low estrogen...i was so so shocked,but he reassured me,and said we dont know wot cd you were on when u had this blood done so have them done on cd21,which is 1oct and we'll refer you 2a gyne,i was extremley upset when my gp told me this,but he said getting clomid will be the extra help i need,i had a mc in mar08 (first ever bfp aswell) so gp doesnt think it must me2bad,in the meantime my partner gary took his sperm sample in last wk,so hoping and praying this is going to be good....and i will just have 2take one day at a time, as will you,because you will get there,but your stress levels need to be lower,dont worry about having to get pg within a yr as im sure you will be pg b4 then!!

10/10/2008 at 21:03

OOOOOOOOOOOOH nooooooooooo do NOT self prescribe clomid, please honey08 don't advice that hun!!!!  YES its tempting but VERY VERY VERY wrong!

You need to be VERY closely monitred with ultra sound, your ovarys can hyperstimulate etc etc

I was so tempted to do that after my mc and three years ttc, but the assisted conception unit put me in my place...

Ttc is a bitch of a road at the best of times, ladys i hope you all get to the end of the road safely and its a happy ending xxxxxx

01/11/2011 at 08:23

I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Clomid) - onlinecheappills.com I recieved my pills within one week of ordering them.
P.S. 5% discount coupon code: 4y3g6f4k

24/04/2013 at 07:40

I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Clomid) - onlinecheappills.com I recieved my pills within one week of ordering them.
P.S. 5% discount coupon code: 4y3g6f4k

15/02/2014 at 20:01

So, 2 weeks ago I was prescribed Clomid, 1 tablet a day for month one, day 2-6. Then a blood sample a day 21.I have been given 3mth of treatment if I stay on the lower dose of 1 a day. I have low progesterone, no signs of PCOS and I cycle regularly 28 days on the nail!

I have no children, but my husband has 3 from a previous marriage. We do not qualify for NHS IVF or IUI despite me having no children. I am 36 years old and we have been TTC for 2 years with no luck at all.

I am trying to be positive and trying not to think about it , I hope it happens! I have everything crossed.

I feel odd though with all the side effects..... soooo bloody hot! eating and eating rubbish, bursting into tears for no reason. argghhh!

Why me?

First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
12 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?