forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Fertility problems

M/C at 6 weeks

5 messages
17/06/2011 at 14:04

Hello all,

I am just experiencing my 2nd miscarriage. I had my first just over 2 years ago at 10 weeks, and I am having this one at 6 weeks, only got the BFP last week. Feel like it is so unfair, we have been trying for over 7 years, have had one failed IVF cycle, and only 2 BFP, both of which have ended in m/c. Sometimes it feels like I am not meant to be a mum no matter how much me and my other half want it. We are currently awaiting another IVF cycle although both pregnancies have been spontaneous, our first attempt at IVF we didn't even get any embryos. We hadn't told anyone, as after the first m/c it was too hard everyone we love knowing as they were so happy we were finally pregnant, I couldn't go through everyone's excitement again and get caught up in it.  Anyway, just needed a place to talk and found this and it seemed like lots of you have been through similar stuff so would understand.  I have now lost my Beanie and my Little Pea (we only named it the other day - maybe we should have waited a bit longer, next time we will).

Thanks for listening, I am sure I will pop on here from time to time, nobody knows what this is like unless they have been through it.

Helyx

17/06/2011 at 14:35

Awwww Hely,

I am so, so sorry to hear of your sad news. You poor thing. My heart truly goes out to you.

I am sorry to ask, but are you sure that you are having a miscarriage? Although distressing, bleeding can be normal in the early stages of pregnancy. I had bleeding at around the same time, and it was just an implantation bleed. A friend of mine had heavy bleeding throughout her pregnancy and she had a healthy baby girl.

Although my situation does not in any way compare to the difficulties you have been through, I have been trying for nearly 4 years to get pregnant. I finally got pregnant last March and then suffered a miscarriage at just over 7 weeks. I got pregnant again nearly a year to the date afterwards, and I am now 22 weeks pregnant. Although everything seems to be going ok, you never can relax after going through so much to get pregnant. We decided to have a break trying for a baby and I went on a very healthy diet and exercise regime and started to feel a lot happier and then I got pregnant. When you have been trying for so long, it really can make you stressed and anxious. I don't know what you have tried or how you feel about it, but sometimes taking a break can help.

I just want you to know that however desperate it can seem, most women do go on to have a healthy baby. It is great news that your pregnancies have been spontaneous and you have to hang on to the fact that you can conceive. It will be your turn one day, I am sure and in some ways, it really does make the end result more special knowing what you had to go through to get there.

I am glad you have come to Think Baby as the ladies on here are all so lovely and helpful and really do understand how you feel (often more than close family and friends). You can really be yourself wothout feeling like you are obsessive to others!

Do share whatever news you have with close family or a close friend, as whatever the outcome, it is always important to have people around you who love you, to support you. I am not superstitious, and I think whilst you will be cautious with any future pregnancies, you have to try to enjoy the experience and remember the little lives that you have created.

Bless you, Hely, I hope that you will be ok and that your little ray of sunshine will come to you soon.

Lidi xx

17/06/2011 at 23:00

Hi Hely

im sorry to hear you're experiancing  a misscarriage again. its a very sad time for you right now and i hope you have lots of people that you can rely on. i understand what you mean about not just your pain but that of the people close to you. we have been trying for 3 years now and had 2 miscarriages. the first was at 10weeks and it hit us hard and my mum and family who like say are so happy for you, and the 2nd was at 11weeks, keep telling ourselves it wont happen again, not to me it gonna be ok, gotta believe etc etc but then it did happen. like you i think maybe keeping secret longer, but it truth it doesnt make much difference. its sounds like you have been through alot with the IVF, that must be such a rollercoaster of emotions, it sounds like you are coping very well, even though you probably dont feel like it, but i think you sound very strong. please dont feel you not destined to be mum as i believe we are and you make a fab mum as you want it so much. i know it hard i struggle alot and it only been 3 years, but we gotta believe it will happen. good luck for your next IVF and keep us posted and i hear if you wana chat.

lidi-congrats of your pregnancy, nice to hear a positive end to a story!

take care all

xx

10/08/2011 at 17:52

Thanks for your replies ladies, sorry it has been a while since I have been on.  Anyway, we have recieved our letter for our IVF appointment in a couple of weeks so we shall see what they say there.

xx

12/08/2011 at 22:34
hely- hope you are able to feel a little more positive now some time has past. i know we never forget the little beanies we made but time does help. thats good news about your appointment and i hope they can help and guide you. ive heard accupuncture can increase the chances of ivf being successful. i have an appointment with the gynae  at hosp on 22nd so we will see what he wants to do then but at least things are moving in the right direction for both of us. keep us posted and i wish you lots of luck!!
First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
5 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...