forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Fertility problems

What is clomid?

10 messages
22/09/2008 at 16:56

i had a consultant app for something eles,however they took blood and among other things checked my hormone levelsm few mths went past as my follow up consultant app isnt till 16oct,in the meantime my partner went and had a testostrone test,he had one in june and it was low..so we both started taking "MACA",his levels are now normal,we also asked if he could have a sperm test and his gp agreed,so i thought i should go get checked aswell,and when i went2see my gp last week this is when he told me ive low estrogen,and as we dont know what cd i was when i had this blood at consultant on,hes going to have me in on 1oct for a cd21 test,but he said even if i was on cd1 when i had this last blood taken he said it'd still be low as it should be high-ish all the time(higher around O) after ive these 1oct(cd21)results i'll be re-ferred2a gyne,and will most probaley get clomid perscribed,i didnt have any idea what clomid was when my gp was telling me,i would love anyone 2 let me know there experiences....as im feelin a little worried, hoping gary's sperms good when that result comes back next week!

07/12/2008 at 20:36
chlomid is a drug that helps you ovulate you  take it day 2 till 6 of your monthly cycle then on day 12 you have a scan to look for folicles and if thet are happy you get an injection and go away and have fun for three days , the worst side effect i found was bad temper . i have been on the second run fo chlomid and now waiting for a 7 week scan ,good luck at hosp and hope all goes well
08/12/2008 at 14:18

Hi Furball,

Im laura. I have been TTC for just over 2 years now. I had a HSG in the beginning of last month and i ovulated naturally on CD 17 of my last cycle.the gyne said he wants to wait until february to see i a fall naturally. I have to go back on the 19th Feb to see how things have gone. Im hoping that if i havent fell pregnant by then that he will start me on the chlomide. Even if i am ovulating will they still put my on the chlomide?

Are there any other side effects that oi should consider?

many thanks

laura xxx

08/12/2008 at 17:13

hi mrs wilko .that is a hard question to answer as i have had thyroid problems for some years and live with what most people call side effects . sorry i cant be more help . we have been trying ourselfs now 2 half years .

i hope things go well for you before 19th feb ,sending some fairy dust way

kate

08/12/2008 at 17:24

thanks kate. Its a long time isnt it, 2 years. it drives me nuts. I cant wait for them to stick me on the Chlomide. I may eventually get some where. I have heard some good reviews about chlomide.

Sending baby dust your way to. Hope it happens for you soon hun.

Laura. x

11/01/2009 at 17:18

hi girls

i read this forum with some interest and just wanted to write a message of encouragement.

i had been on pill for 8 years and when i stopped taking it i didn't get a period and after 2 years of trying my doctor eventually tested me and i wasn't ovulating... after seeing an excellent gynae i was put on clomid, the lowest dose to start, however, after a few months nothing was happening, i felt so dejected and felt like it would never happen, however, i was eventually given the highest dose possible and fell pregnant that month (it took 6 months of weekly scans to check my eggs etc)  the drug had no side effects with me, and my pregnancy was fantastic and i now have a 11month old girl.  I have to be honest and say that when i first took the drug i was convinced i would fall pregnant straight away but it didn't happen like that, but they monitor you every step of the way and at least you know what's going on.

I know that all the waiting is excruciating and your patience dips to the lowest level possible but there is hope. 

Good luck for ttc in 2009!!!  I will be trying again in 2010 - i've been told i'll need clomid again!  oh well!!!

xxxxx

07/04/2009 at 09:52

Hi girls, I'm Erika, age 25 ttc no 1.

I've had 4 mc's in the past year and was told it was because of me not ovulating enough to sustain my pregnancies. I've now been put on Clomid (only 50mg) and am CD9 in my cycle. Have taken my first month's lot of tablets and am feeling a bit low on the confidence stakes, probably not helped by the side effects.

I was wondering, did anyone else suffer from the side effects? And can we have some more success stories please, cos this seems to be a very up and down journey so far and it really does help to hear from people who have been able to stay focussed and get their so much wanted baby/babies!

That's the other thing I wanted to ask, how many who have taken clomid had multiples?!

Thank you for your help.

xxx

02/05/2009 at 22:57
My friend had clomid and had a gorgeous baby boy. she then went on to have another boy without fertility treatment. good luck to all of you....
03/08/2009 at 15:35

I just wanted to add another message to this thread as when I was after info on Clomid I found it all so confusing etc.

I am now 18 weeks pregnant after taking just the one cycle of clomid. I honestly can't believe my luck. Our 12 week scan showed a beautiful healthy baby, it was such an emotional experience. We're now counting down the days til our 21 week scan and of course our due date!

The side effects of clomid weren't all that brilliant I have to admit, but to say they were worth it is an understatement. I never thought I'd finally be rubbing my bump with a huge smile on my face & loving the little flutters and what I think are kicks! But I am, and it goes to show just what a little tablet can do!

I hope that anyone else who has a clomid as a treatment are as lucky as me & my hubby have been. This little baby is our miracle, and despite morning sickness until 18 weeks and the dark hormonal days, I wouldn't change a thing.

Good luck to everyone who find themselves on clomid. Wishing you all the best

xxx

24/04/2013 at 07:41

I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Clomid) - onlinecheappills.com I recieved my pills within one week of ordering them.
P.S. 5% discount coupon code: 4y3g6f4k

First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
10 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?