But Sometimes i get scared
The Other night i wanted to go home from work so badly to see my girlfriend
and i lied saying 'my girlfriend is sick'
so they let me go
and today i was just told im FIRED
My heart stopped,
i started thinking how i let my future child and Girlfriend down
im just trying to be a good dad-to-be
does anyone else feel the same sometimes?

Am i Thinking to much??
Wish i could find some Dad-to-be Stories
anyone please share
because i've tried to find some and i couldn't find any..
made me feel useless.. :(

I'm Worred about the 'Stress stage' the female is meant to go through incase she gets angry with me..

Any advice would be helpful
thank you

- Jon
18/05/2007 at 21:34
Hi i just noticed your post and had to reply.Firstly congrats. Can your work just fire you like that?? im quite sure they cant! Anyway, try this for starters www.bbc.co.uk/parenting/dads it has a bit of advise for dads.There is another really good site i have heard mentioned but im rubbish and i cant remember the name but if i remember i will let you know. Never think you are useless, you are sticking by your GF and trying to do the right thing which is more than a lot of lads your age would do so hang in there and you will be just fine.Good luck hun x
18/05/2007 at 21:38
just remembered! www.paternityangel.com x
18/05/2007 at 22:04
Hi Jon, I'm Lynsey's husband Paul (i'm not a member myself).ive just read your story about liein to work i did the same when my wife was preg. i didnt get the sack tho sorry to hear that, dont worry tho as ive found something always comes up, and about the stress thing my wifes always like it it takes a lot of gettin used to, how far gone is your girlfriend? is she eatin stupid stuff yet?
19/05/2007 at 15:23
Hi Jon, Just wanted to say it's normal to feel scared me and my fiance are tyring to get pregnant I'm 21- 22 next week.It's great your sticking by your GF, you haven't let them down don't beat yourself up about it, there'll be other jobs, the fact that your trying so hard shows you'll be a good dad. If you'd like to join me on want to be dad's thread we could talk more let's get more Men talking there aren't enough on here!!!.
19/05/2007 at 15:26
Paul you should also join up and share your stories I have started a thread want to be dad's.
19/05/2007 at 21:34
Hi, I have now officially become a member.
20/05/2007 at 13:54
Hi Jon and congrats to you both.
My husband got the sack from a job because at my 12 weeks scan they had told me the baby had no heart beat so i had to go back two weeks later if I hadnt misscarried naturally. we both went for the next scan as obviously my husband was worried about me and wanted to be involved. It turned out the baby was fine but i wasnt as far on as i had thought so the whole process took ages. On his way back to work the car broke down and although he called, and went in late but atill did his full shift time they scaked him the next day.
It was a real bummer and we had no other income at the time
However he got a much better job very soon afterwars and they were much more sympathetic about him comming with me for appointments etc.
keep your chin up and don't worry. yu sound like a really ahrd worker. Family comes first whatever happens and if you trust in the universe it will deliver all your needs one way or another
Best of luck
P xx
First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
8 messages
Sign me up!