forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : General

brest reduction before baby

8 messages
23/05/2009 at 09:18

has anyone had a brest reduction and after that had a baby?? no matter one year later or 20 years later. i'd like to hear some experiences and stories so i could compare with me.

even if you dont have a baby but had a brest reduction i would like to hear about your experience

love moon

27/05/2009 at 14:14
ohhhh how sorry.... i guess no one's had a brest reduction then....
07/06/2009 at 20:00
Hey selene
i had a breast reduction planned for last may buy fell pregnant so had to cancel. When i had my pre op chat im sure they told me i wouldnt be able to breast feed for a while but i cant remember the time limit. You might not be able to at all if they move your nipples which is what i would have had done.
Sorry cant be more helpful as my pregnancy was unplanned and had bad timing. My son refused to breast feed anyway
What sort of things did you want to know?
07/06/2009 at 21:18

i had a brest reduction 16 years ago...

but i was told recently by my doctor that my brests would grow to the same as they were before if i decide to brestfeed... i just wanted to talk to someone who that has happened to...

07/06/2009 at 22:21
When your milk comes they will grow but when you stop feeding they do reduce again. Without a breast reduction i was 36ff and i went up to a 36h. Ten months later i am still a 36h. This is mostly because i havent lost any weight since giving birth.

If you lose your baby weight and stop breast feeding you will get back to your post op size eventually.

i cant be much help about personal experience but i have researched it loads and plan to have my reduction next April yay
07/06/2009 at 22:52

yeah i know that... without a bret reduction ... what i was was that when you have a brest reduction your brests grow but dont go back to normal after the milk goes... they grow to its usual size before the operation... i was told this by two different doctors... i just wanted to speack personnally to people who have been through it...

love moon

12/06/2009 at 23:47
Hi Moon, i had a breast reduction in march 2006, in July 2006 i fell pregnant with my 3rd daughter. Before my reduction i was a 34ff, after my reduction when i fell preggers i was a 34D, now i'm a 34 b/c i did have some milk. However i chose not to breastfeed my daughter and was advised to wear tight fitting sports bras to help keep the shape and to keep wearing them until the milk dispersed. I am happy to say that having Kyrie hasn't made my boobs grow again! also i have more confidence and although my scars can still sometimes be painful (mostly in that favorite week of the cycle!!) i'm glad i had it done!

I was told that there was a chance i wouldn;t be able to breast feed depending on how much they took away during the surgery!

Louise xx
15/06/2009 at 23:44

thanks Louise.. i was told a bit the same but i was never told they'd grow up to the same size aas they were before operation...

anyway iam 35 weeks preg now and i dont think i'll have any milkas my brests haven't suffered any alteration so far... which is probably just as well and i don't have to get into a dilemma

selene

First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
8 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?