forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : General

Home truths about pregnancy and parenting

8 messages
19/04/2007 at 10:38
Hi everyone,

I would love to hear your home truths about pregnancy because at the moment all I imagine when I think of it is loving every second and holding my beautiful belly, holding my little adorable darling and not minding that I haven't slept because of my little treasure and having a lovely supportive husband.

I totally understand how romanticised this view is and probably a little naiive and unrealistic.

Please help me to realise the not so nice, tough and challenging parts so that I can take all this broodiness with a pinch of salt??

Can't wait to hear what you say!

Thank you!
Sue x
27/04/2007 at 17:48
hi sue, i have 5 in my brood at the moment and am currently 9 weeks with baby 6! it IS lovely when you have just the one even tho you dont sleep good, hes got colic, wees all over you, sicks on your top etc etc LOL but you will love your tiny with every beat of your heart! i still adore becoming a mum and am still really looking forward to this one just before xmas, best of luck with your new addition am sure you will be just fine xx
27/04/2007 at 18:20
hi there im just the same im on my third pregnancy and looking forward to meeting this little one as mutch as i did with the other two, this ones due in sep and carnt wait, good luck to all and enjoy your pregnancys.xx
27/04/2007 at 18:34
hi clare, a little further along than me! do you know what you are having this time or have you left if for a suprise? what did you get already? i got 2 boys 18 and 16, then with hub no 2 we have 2 girls 4 and 2 and a boy aged 1, so maybe he'll get a little playmate this time GRIN best of luck to you too. xx
27/04/2007 at 18:35
Hi, you may be one of the lucky few that sails through pregnancy but if not here's what youve got to look forward to.....
*Morning sickness that lasts all day
*Aches and pains as your body stretches to make room for baby
*Tiredness and headaches
*Weird cravings
*In later stages, leaky boobs and maybe getting so big you can barely put your own shoes on
Theres nothing wrong with your perspective though. Some may call it naive, but even if you get all of the above being pregnant will probably feel like one of the best times of your life.
Em x
27/04/2007 at 18:40
hi karen we have a boy of 7 and a girl of 6 this ones a boy, we know the sex before the 20 week scan cause i had to have a cvs test done at 13 weeks as my 7year old has downs, but the test came back that baby is fine.xx
27/04/2007 at 18:53
hi clare, please dont take this the wrong way, but it must have been upsetting to have your first born with a few problems, but i bet you wouldnt change him for the world now!! i must admit i never have any blood tests or screening apart from the normal scans and nature will play me whatever card she holds and we will love the baby no matter what! my first two boys both have complex heart problems but it turned out to be genetic between me and my ex, felt guilty for years! but they are now both in really good health and have been for some time, the older one has the more severe probs and it stunted his growth a little but matt, the 16yr is a strapping, footy mad nutter!! LOL you wouldnt know apart from his scar, which im sure he will enjoy showing his girlfriends! hehe i DID have amnio with him but that was along time ago, not an experience i would ever repeat, so now i take what comes. all the best with the rest of your pregnancy xxxx
27/04/2007 at 19:22
hi karen your right it was upsetting at first but no we wouldnt change him for the world, he also was born with heart probs but had op at three months old and you wouldnt think he had it now hes fit and healthy, we call him our little souldger as he fights everthing that comes his way, we are so proud of him, thank you for your kind words, hope all goes well for you keep me informed take care.xxx
First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
8 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...