forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : General

How to get stains out of baby clothes.

8 messages
ali
12/08/2008 at 23:52

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone could tell me how they get stubborn stains out of baby clothes. My wee girl is weaning at the moment and her clothes have tomato sauce and everything else on them after dinner so I now have to soak her clothes immediately after her bath. A lot of orange stains aren't coming out so does anyone know of a good way to remove stains. Any comments much appreciated. sx

13/08/2008 at 15:43

Hi ali.

Sorry, but theres not a lot you can do for those sorts of stains. Someting like a Vanish prewash product will probably fade them. With my baby ive found preventing stains is easier than getting them out. Tesco (and probaly most supermarkets) sell a  bib for about £4 that covers the whole of bubs top so should limit any staining. (In Tesco the one im talking about has a character on front and says 'im feeding myself')

Em x

13/08/2008 at 16:53
We use Vanish Oxy-Action. It works great and even gets baby poo out of cotton vests!
ali
14/08/2008 at 00:16
thanks for your tips , i'll try both I think. Weaning is very tough on the clothes. It's the tomato sauce that seems to be the worst for staining. My wee girl likes chicken soup so at least that not too messy! thanks again sx
14/08/2008 at 13:24

Hiya

Napisan is good its like vanish but it is a lot cheaper at £1.69 a box, might have to soak things for a couple of days but i found i was doing that anyway when i was using vanish.

15/08/2008 at 12:37

Hi, i have found the best way to get orange stains out of clothes is to hang the clothes out to dry with the stained part in direct sunlight, they disappear as if by magic. For more stubbon stains try sterilising tablets. whites can stay in it over night, and coloureds i wouldn't recomend more than a couple of hours!"

Louise xx

ali
16/08/2008 at 22:42

Thanks girls, really interesting tips there. I just soak the clothes at the moment for a wee while and rub vanish soap over them and that seems to help. sx

29/01/2012 at 13:20

I have been soaking clothes in a bucket of cold water with bicarbonate of soda in it for a few hours then soak overnight in water and laundry detergent before finally putting in washing machine as normal. Seems to work for most stains, just the odd really stubborn one that wont budge... hence I was looking in here!

First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
8 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...