forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : General

Men: A partner's role in early pregnancy

8 messages
16/11/2007 at 13:08
hello people

really I don't feel like sex at all-i am about 8weeks gone,my husband is having a hard time coping.
A friend told me too that sex is not even medically safe in the first three months.
Is that medically correct?I need a reason to convince my husband -it's not just me,doctors says so too.
16/11/2007 at 14:16

Hi Udoka, and congrats on the pregnancy!

I'm afraid that unless there are specific medical circumstances for your pregnancy that make sex unwise, there's really no medical reason why you can't have sex throughout pregnancy. Most women don't even know that they are pregnant in the first couple of months, so it would be quite unfortunate if sex weren't safe then.

However, it is perfectly normal for you to be off sex as your hormones go a bit crazy and you're physically exhausted, and part of your husband being supportive should be to understand and accept this as part and parcel of pregnancy. 

It's often the case that a woman's sex drive comes back after the first trimester, and sometimes pregnancy sex can be amazing, but until you feel like sex again it's not much to ask your husband to be patient and supportive.

Try printing out the articles on the site that show what your body is doing in these first three months, so that he can understand that you have quite a lot to cope with right now, you're busy making his baby! 

18/11/2007 at 17:17

Sex is perfectly fine unless you have experienced some sort of problems. I.E/ heavy bleeding - the doctors may say to avoid for a while as a precaution 

It may be that because you think you will harm the baby by having sex, it's a pyschological thing turning you off or avoiding having sex.

I had sex when I was pregnant and two perfectly normal little boys.

I'm sure your sex drive will come back soon

16/01/2008 at 13:28

hi all

i am also 8 n a half weeks pregnant,and i am still enjoying sex with my partner,i ant gon off it at all in fact i am more horny lol,even tho i am exhausted i still feel like avin sex....i suppose everybody is different,but i am sure ur partner will understand if u dont feel like avin sex,at the end of the day there are lots of changes happenin to us rite now n our hormones are all ova the show just tel him to hng on in ther xx

24/01/2008 at 15:14
I am a frustated partner!! We used to have it every other day but now it once every 2-3 weeks, if i'm lucky!
17/02/2008 at 10:10
greg,it takes two to tango mate n u put ur baby inside ur partner so all i can say is u need to be supportive rite now not winging bout gettin ur end away,is that all men think about?it really annoys me!! if ur partner cud hear wat ur sayin now she wud b mad at u!!
18/02/2008 at 13:34

Hey Everyone,

At first I was feeling mega horny (my partner was rather happy to be honest), now the feelings come and go - although we generally have sex 2-3 times a week at the moment!

I think I must have one of the best blokes in the world, as my OH said that if I didn't feel comfortable having sex then he wouldn't mind stopping until after the baby has been born. 

I know he is really worried about harming the little one, so he is really careful when we have sex anyway - although because I'm more sensitive it's better than ever for me!!!! 

Sue (20 + 4) xxx

11/02/2012 at 12:08

Im 13 weeks pregnant and i dont want to have sex at all, my partner keeps hasteling me and asking when i will want to or saying he thinks i dont fancy him!! I have been sick for the past 9 weeks can hardly get out of bed some days, strugle to eat anything, have terrible heart burn have really bad head ache most of the time feel constapated all the time and now think i have piles! great!!! OF CORSE I DONT WANT TO HAVE SEX! would love to swap with him so he can see how it feels, then maybe he would drop the whole subject of sex till i feel human again lol

First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
8 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...