forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : General

Road-test: Carriers and Slings

9 messages
17/08/2009 at 13:38
Is there any reason why only 'mainstream and manufactured' baby carriers were tested here and not any 'real' slings such as a mei tai or a wrap??!
17/08/2009 at 19:23
probably because the ''mainstream'' ones are available nationally or even internationally. A reveiw on 'real' ones would help mums to be decide on which type to go for in a general reveiw if you know what I mean!!
18/08/2009 at 09:15
vicky and freya 7/03/2009 wrote (see)
probably because the ''mainstream'' ones are available nationally or even internationally. A reveiw on 'real' ones would help mums to be decide on which type to go for in a general reveiw if you know what I mean!!

'Real' slings are also available nationally and internationally!! The internet is the main tool for buying these slings as not may shops stock them in the first place!
18/08/2009 at 10:41
Im well aware of that but some people don't do internet shopping they like to 'road test' something like a sling before buying there are so many independant sellers struggling to get real slings on the market, we're lucky where I live to have some excellent independant shops stocking slings mai tais all sorts and im and addicted internet shopper, others not so much!!
18/08/2009 at 12:43
vicky and freya 7/03/2009 wrote (see)
Im well aware of that but some people don't do internet shopping they like to 'road test' something like a sling before buying there are so many independant sellers struggling to get real slings on the market, we're lucky where I live to have some excellent independant shops stocking slings mai tais all sorts and im and addicted internet shopper, others not so much!!

This is exactly my point - why weren't any real slings in this road-test?! If people can't buy them in mainstream shops then they need road-tests and reviews like this one to be introduced to them and find out about them!
18/08/2009 at 19:48

I know what you mean thats what I meant by saying they should do a road test of types not brands!! they'll get out there I think they are becoming more and more popular!! which is great, we've got a waterproof one to carry my LO in the pool with  on holiday in two weeks can't wait!!

Editors get another reveiw underway!! Ill volunteer (as long as its soon my little chunk will be too big for me to carry on a sling soon!! lol)

19/08/2009 at 14:03

It would be great to see a review of the non-mainstream slings which are usually alot better designed for both baby/child and person carrying! With a non-mainstream carrier you'll be able to carry your little one for a few years yet! My son is 17months old and i still carry him almost daily with a Connecta and a Napsack Mei Tai and there are people who are happily carrying their 3 year olds!

The waterproof sling sounds great!!

20/08/2009 at 20:50
it is its kind of a mesh (like the net bag you put a washing tablet in) and in a mai tai shape, she'll be able to be in the pool with us longer than if we had to hold her!! the lady I bought it from at a baby fair had one on her back and his brother on her front!!
27/08/2009 at 17:39
Ah cool! I don't spose the lady you bought it from was Emma from Snuggle N Snooze was it?! She has twin boys who she tandem wears!
First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
9 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...