forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : General

Shifting the baby weight

6 messages
16/02/2009 at 23:50

Hi everyone

I thought I would post this thread to see if we can get some ideas together to motivate us (ok me mainly) into getting my bum into gear and shift this excess stone or so of baby weight!

I had a section on Nov 6tg so have had to wait a while to exercise so in preparation I dusted down the old treadmill and put it in the conservatory and bought myself a cross trainer, this was a month ago and due to illnesses, colds, bad periods etc dont have the motivation to go near it!

Dieting is not an option for me as I love my food, I eat healthily as well as junk lol

While Grace is asleep I am either resting or doing the housework so when can I fit it in? or motivate myself to do it at night when kids (also have a 6 year old at school) are in bed?

Any ideas welcome

x claire x 

17/02/2009 at 09:32

Hi,

I also had trouble motivating myself to get off my backside, not helped by my rather large 8lb 9oz daughter doing rather a lot of damage as she made her rather speedy arrival and I had a lot of stitches, I couldn't walk (or sit) properly for weeks!  (she's worth every stitch though!)  I was a really active person prior to having her so I thought it would be easy to get back into it but it wasn't.

I'm not one for going to the gym or running but I make myself get out the door everyday with my daughter in her pram and she has her nap while I power walk with pram round the lanes.  I started off slowly and built it up.  Last week I was doing a round trip of about 4 miles. I feel so much better after.  I does help that I have 2 bouncy labradors which need walking!

I don't know if that helps or not.  My oh works long hours and I can't be arsed to exercise after Freya is in bed so I had to find something she could 'do' with me.

Good Luck!

17/02/2009 at 23:12

Hi Gem how's Freya doing?

I did think about getting out and about with Grace in the pram, I have done that once or twice and I could really feel it! I was wrecked and sweating by the time I got back. We have had some pretty bad weather lately so no that has stopped I might try to get out more!

Have you managed to get rid of the baby weight now? Yes the babies like to cause some damage on their way out don't they, but like you say, they're worth every stitch 

Thanks hun

18/02/2009 at 08:34

Hi,

Freya's doing great, she's 5 months old now and was 18lb 9oz on monday and is already outgrowing 6-9 month clothes as she's so long, I think I'm raising a baby Elephant!  She's a really happy chatty little girl at the moment.  Her latest achievement is taking her socks off and trying to get her feet in her mouth!  How are you and Grace?

I've managed to get back to about half a stone more than I was pre pregnancy, I'm hoping that elusive last half stone will go when I stop breast feeding.  I can get in to all my clothes apart from tops.  I only have a few I can fit my boobs in! Maybe I should make the most of it before they deflate once I stop feeding and they return to their pathetic pre pregnancy size!  Still need to tone the wobbly middle a bit more though.

good luck with the exercising and weight loss.

18/02/2009 at 09:15

Hi Gemma, me and Grace are doing fine thanks, had a few issues after having her, i.e and op so never got around to exercising yet, I did lose a stone and a half after having her though because there was so much water and the placenta was huge lol!

You will miss the boobies once they have gone lol, I was a C before pregnancy i'm now an E! (apparantly) anyway they are huge lol and probably here to stay as I went up a size after I had Christopher too!

I need to lose a stone to get to pre pregnancy weight and want to get lower so about a stone and a half! I need help(or lipo)he he

18/02/2009 at 09:16

wasnt finished there!

It is so cute when babies start sucking their feet lol you cant believe how bendy they are can you! My friends son has started to do it and he makes a right mess as hes teething too so the dribble is everywhere!

First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
6 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...