forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : General

Two Children With Small Age Gap

3 messages
17/07/2008 at 21:58

Hi

Just thought id create a thread for any mums that have children with a small age gap as know that having 2 at a young age can be very hard work and thought this would be a nice way to support each other from own experiences xx

My name is Sarah I have 2 Children Chloe 2 years 2 Months (Going Through Terrible Twos and Night Terrors) and Caitlin 11 Months who is growing up so fast and still having teething issues which can be a nightmare but can crawl about she is trying to walk now so hurting herself a bit trying to get her balance.

Hope to hear from other mums soon xxx

18/07/2008 at 12:43

Hi Sarah

I have two children as well - Jacob who is 3 years old, and his little brother Benji who is going to be 2 years in September!  There is only 18 months and 2 days between them age wise!!

Jacob is a right little chatter box and has as much energy as Sportacus x10 !! He is starting pre-school full time in September - which should be a godsend!  Every morning he'll be off to school in his uniform!  I am *so* going to cry on his first day !

Benji is just a pain in the bum LOL!  He is into everything, but totally plays the 'baby' card and he gets away with a lot more than I let Jacob get away with at that age!

Benji is really lazy with his speech because Jacob talks for him!  Drives me mad.. but hoping that will change once Jacob is at school - I am planning to ignore Benji until he says proper words to me! 

He will say some things - for instance this week he started saying the word "boobies"   but "mummy" still evades him!!

He even said "Gand-ma" the other day to my mum - bloomin' child!

Anyone else find the second child does this?  

Great idea for a thread by the way - I love my boys so much, and I wouldn't have them any other way.  Since Benji started sitting up they have always played (and fought and shouted) together, it's fantastic to see

I have recently started a new relationship - and although our children haven't met yet - it should be interesting when they do!  We will have a 4 year old, two 3 year olds, and a 2 year old between us!!  Mayhem!

Look forward to hearing from other mums soon too

mG & monkeys x 

18/07/2008 at 20:01

Hey MG,

Sounds like you gunna have ya hands full lol

I very lucky as my eldest Chloe her biological dad decided he didnt want anything to do with her so has never met her even though he did tell me he could never walk round and not see her but yet hes done it men are gits, he has an older daughter and since chloe has also had another daughter and is now expecting a boy but was lucky when I met my current boyfriend when Chloe was 6 months old he took her on as his own straight away and treated her like his own so when I caught on pretty early into our relationship with Caitlin I was scared as didnt want to be in the same position but knew he wasnt like that and now we have 2 beautiful girls and it so nice there being a small age gap as Caitlin will soon be able to walk and play with Chloe properly even though they play now but they little buggars already xx

Your kids sound great anyway mg xx

Hope to hear from other mums as well and times can be hard when u have 2 but then you look at the good that comes with it and it so worth it xxx

Love Sarah & The Girls

First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
3 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?