forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : General

Working When You’re Pregnant

4 messages
10/09/2009 at 06:44

I am 32 weeks pregnant and my baby is moving very slow, not as fast as it used to when she was 20-26 weeks.

This is a concern to me as my doctor is very relaxed about it.  Is there someone who has experienced the same? 

10/09/2009 at 07:26
Bongi, this is VERY common. The baby is much larger at 32 weeks than she was at 20-26 weeks and can't move around as much. But the kicks you'll feel from now on will be much more definate just won't feel like huge parties going on in there! If you don't feel 10 kicks in a day, make sure you visit you local day assessment unit to get her monitored.
11/09/2009 at 10:50

yeah the movements will be more definate now as the baby gets a bit more control over her movements, I worked till 38 weeks and wish Id gone till Id popped!! as soon as I was at home things seemed to slow down a bit but I was glad of the rest as well. if you are worried ring the maternity ward or prenatal ward, I did when I was about 36 weeks, she was moving less that day so my MW said right off you go get monitered, of course when we were there she put on a dance show and everything was fine, they were lovely at the hospital never made me feel stupid or a burden at the end of the day they want you and baby to be healty and happy  the stress of worrying about it willl do more damage to you than being a bit embarrassed when the baby does backflips as soon as the monitors are on!! SJ was it you who said libby seemed to aim for them??

anywho hope everything goes okay for you, just cause your dr says everythings fine and Im sure everything is as long as baby is still moving,  doesn't stop you getting peace of mind.

take care xxx

11/09/2009 at 12:46
Lol yeah Vicky well remembered. She used to kick the pads off so we'd have to move it around and hold it in place lol.
First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
4 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...