forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Just for Mum

How do I make the Playgroup/Nursery trips easier??

7 messages
29/01/2010 at 13:55

My daughter is 3 and a half and has been out of a stroller for a while now but her playgroup is a really long walk and she is struggling. Just think I should make her walk it but it is a long way away and both my kids go in at 9am and come out at 11.30am and they are either side of the village and we have to rush to get my son from Nursery which is impossible with my daughter!  She is a big girl and probably about the size of a four and a half year old so looks terrible squashed into a stroller. 

Any ideas on how to make the trip to and from Playgroup & Nursery any easier would be really appreciated?

Please if your in the same boat as me please share your secret x

Thanks

29/01/2010 at 19:22

How about some sort of ride on? She could pedal it unitl she gets tired, then you could use the handle to push her the rest of the way.

Em

29/01/2010 at 19:30

I was just going to say a ride on!! we're getting a smart trike for my little girl for her birthday, you can push them or she can pedal, they do lots of different ones but because she's quite big this one is porbably better cause some of them are dearer cause they have more special features for younger children. its probably going to be the one we'll get our little girl, she's only nearly one but shes so big she's the size of a 2 year old and she's looking a bit big for the stroller.

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.206-7362.aspx you can probably pick one up on ebay or a nct nearly new sale or something similar.

hope it gets easier!!!

vicky and freya xx

29/01/2010 at 19:42

Thanks for the advice x

We have a smart trike but it has faded etc from sitting outside and looking a tad grubby but I think I am going to have to use something like this as its the only thing I and anyone else can think of.  Again tho she looks huge on it.  I have a monster size of a daughter! So tall!!!  Even considered one of the wagon thingys but just decided we would look silly!

Thanks again

x

29/01/2010 at 21:06

if she's so big what about just a regular bike with stabalisers? you could still hold on to the handle bars? or my friends little girl has used a scooter since she was about 3, she wizzes about on it and you mentioned you live in a village so it might be quiet enough to not have to worry too much about her bumping into parked cars etc.  lol!

might be a bit cheaper than a smart trike especially if you've already got one, they are pretty expensive!!

vicky xx

29/01/2010 at 21:15

Will give both a try and see how I get on x

I'll keep you posted

Thanks again

29/01/2010 at 21:17
cool have fun!! lol! might need knee pads too (and for you if you're going to have to keep catching her lol!!)
First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
7 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...