forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Just for Mum

new thread for HB girls of 07/08-

1 to 20 of 1887 messages
01/09/2008 at 23:01
hiya girls - well here it is the NEW thread instead of  -HOME BIRTH PROS AND CONS-if you dont all want it let me know but i thought it could be a new start for us all.over the last year i have appreciated all of your lots of advice and dont know where id be without it. So heres to a fresh start and hopefully a meet up! xxxx
Joy
02/09/2008 at 08:37
Hi Laura - well done! Think it's a great idea - as you say we can have a fresh start on here - would hate to lose touch with you all as you've been invaluable!

Here's to new beginnings!
J xxx
02/09/2008 at 10:01

hiya joy welcome lol.

it was karens idea for a new thread as we all seem to need a bit more luck nowadays.i feel the same way about you lot too.

to new beginnings!

xxxx

02/09/2008 at 10:33
hello laura im here,lol xxxx
02/09/2008 at 10:39

Hi all

Fab idea. Me and Karen were chattig about it the other day but unsure what to call it LOL I am thrilled that you did it Laura, we were all ready to move on, don't you think.

Well no more babies for me. I am off to see a gynocologist in a few weeks. I love my boys and would love more but my body wouldn't take it and I couldn't face going through another 10 month pregnancy + I am studying hard to become a PROFFESIONAL Medium so I have bitten the bullet and made the appointment.

I am ready to move on with my life!

I am just getting the uniforms ready for school tomorrow and i have new bedding for the boys beds so I am washing them today too.

I have arranged to go to my friends house in the morning after dropping George off for a glass of wine and a cry! He has gone from being thrilled to be going to school this am, to tears and wanting to stay home with Mammy! Bless him.

Laura Hows Jack?  

02/09/2008 at 11:04

hiya girls.

philippa jaks fine-he doesnt go back quite yet due to his school moving to a new building-they dont get the keys until today so they have to move all the furniture books ect.so he goes next week.

ive started bleeding again this morning so im gonna try and ring for my results surely something will show up.

got family coming round today as its jaks birthday tomorrow-i cant believe hes 5 already- this time 5 years ago i was in hospital during a 36 hour labour a young nieve 17 year old.-bloody hell no wonder i feel miserable today.lol

well best get the pots done. xxx

02/09/2008 at 11:19

Hi all

Weather is lovely here today for a change, Ive got all the bedding out and am just getting ready to go shopping

Heres to our new thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxxxxx 

02/09/2008 at 13:00

Happy Birthday Jak for tomorrow xxxxx

Had stuff to write and now dcat remember it LOL

Sharon, can we copy the whole thread do you think? I would love to keep it xx 

02/09/2008 at 15:16

laura i hope jak has a lovely birthday tomorrow

philippa,poor you with george going to school it is so emotional for us mummies,i am a bit like that as chloe and charlotte go to their new school and they really loved it at their old one,just hope they like it tomorrow,got a busy few days now with all the kids going to school and emma starts her high school on friday.

we have had terrential rain here sharon and storms now it is all sunny,i need to put more washing out on the line now.

i went shopping this am with my dad i love living so close i see him a lot more now,got to go and sort the kids out.

have a good afternoon xxxx

joy hello and i hope you start to feel better soon xxx

02/09/2008 at 16:33

Just had a glass of wine...i am so stressed today but i didnt get much sleep either!

Think i am worried about tomorrow...well i know i am. Got everything ready...almost. Trust me to wash the shirts with the carboard still in the collers!!!!! Now there is bits of cardboard stuck in the pockets and where the buttons fasten...makes my new white shirts look grubby  have washed them three times and they are better but.....

I miss Dom today too. I can;'t wait till he gets home tonight. Roll on October week! LOL 

02/09/2008 at 17:43

oh i wish i had some wine..actually i think i have got a box of lambrini still in the fridge.

will wait till the inlaws have been or i will have to share lol.

well ive rang the doctors and everything has come back normal from the tests so who knows??????????????

dads been over today and picked jaks presents up for me.he will love them hopefully as its what hes asked for. george said he wanted an umbrella doll????? jak kindly pointed out he meant a gabriella doll lol

oooh a massive headaches just come on ow. im off to get more tablets- i will be rattling .

got lovely cleaned out fishies,newly painted feature wall and lovely playdough squashed into the carpet -it just goes with the modern art deco theme in the living room.

lotsa love girls im going on lol xxxxxxxx

02/09/2008 at 18:44

hello everyone,

had to go and get the girls a school bag,omg i forgot,ive got charlotte a hannah montana bag and chloe a high school musical bag,not cheap,it has cost me an absolute fortune for the school uniforms,glad ive done now.

laura,ive got a big bottle of cherry lambrini i got it for my birthday,shame i dont live near you i would give it to you,i got 4 small bottles of wine as well might have a drink myself

p, you will be okay tomorrow,so will george xxxx

sharon,will you send me the link for that gift book i will send off for it,how are you today?

better go and sort tea out,take care xxxx

02/09/2008 at 20:49

I just fel UP the stairs...with Jack in my arms. Luckily i saved him by landing on my arms and cradling him close to my chest but i have twisted my ankle/foot, pulled my back and hurt both my arms/shoulders! What a norbert!

Jack is now head butting me...why oh why won't he sleep??????????????? I am shattered. Pleased to have my hubby back tho. I did miss him today!

02/09/2008 at 21:31
Heeeeeeeey!!!! hi guys!!! brill new thread! P - what are you like!!! pissed and had none!! LOL well i have, must admit over the last few days i have had quite a few, got one of my best friends christening cakes to do for next weekend, and then i can throw myself into helping with the concreating etc, Joy good to hear from you, hows it going! Well i cant say i know what its like with the school thing, all of mine are home-schooled, its kinda nice sometimes and a pain in the arse at others!!! A friend of ours is coming to stay from the 8th sept for the week with her partner, he's going to be helping with the chicken barn and then fliss will be staying down here with the kids whilst i chuck myself into the work too, it should work out quite well as she used to be a teacher and she also plays lots of instruments and is bringing some stuff with her for the stay (i have told her where we keep the paracetamol!!! LOL) and have worked out some lessons for her to do with the guys while im working with the men. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACK FOR TOMORROW!!!  I wish that nature would bloody hurry up and sort out my body, im getting really bad cramps (like mild contractions) but then nothing is happening, i keep expecting to find the rest of things (if you know what i mean!) I mean i know my hormones where low, but surely i should still get a period as the lining of my womb was quite thick, and thats what you shed with your period no???? i'm confused!!! if the baby has already gone then why no bleed????????????? AAARRRRGGH! sorry, feeling sorry for myself and too much wine on board!  funny really, you'd think i'd be used to it by now! You know the times you could just sit and talk bollocks with good mates???? well this is one of them ...............................................
02/09/2008 at 21:32
Heeeeeeeey!!!! hi guys!!! brill new thread! P - what are you like!!! pissed and had none!! LOL well i have, must admit over the last few days i have had quite a few, got one of my best friends christening cakes to do for next weekend, and then i can throw myself into helping with the concreating etc, Joy good to hear from you, hows it going! Well i cant say i know what its like with the school thing, all of mine are home-schooled, its kinda nice sometimes and a pain in the arse at others!!! A friend of ours is coming to stay from the 8th sept for the week with her partner, he's going to be helping with the chicken barn and then fliss will be staying down here with the kids whilst i chuck myself into the work too, it should work out quite well as she used to be a teacher and she also plays lots of instruments and is bringing some stuff with her for the stay (i have told her where we keep the paracetamol!!! LOL) and have worked out some lessons for her to do with the guys while im working with the men. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACK FOR TOMORROW!!!  I wish that nature would bloody hurry up and sort out my body, im getting really bad cramps (like mild contractions) but then nothing is happening, i keep expecting to find the rest of things (if you know what i mean!) I mean i know my hormones where low, but surely i should still get a period as the lining of my womb was quite thick, and thats what you shed with your period no???? i'm confused!!! if the baby has already gone then why no bleed????????????? AAARRRRGGH! sorry, feeling sorry for myself and too much wine on board!  funny really, you'd think i'd be used to it by now! You know the times you could just sit, drink loads of wine and talk bollocks with good mates???? well this is one of them ...............................................
02/09/2008 at 21:32
AH! its posted twice!! LOL
02/09/2008 at 22:05

philippa,be more careful!!!!thank god jack didnt get hurt,i bet you will be aching in the morning though,see you cant even walk you have to run,loli emailed you last night did you get it?i will email again just incase you didnt xxxx

katie-rose has 4 teeth nowand is due her 2nd haircut,lol.

joy,is lily walking yet?cant believe its her birthday soon,what are you planning for her birthday,anything nice?take care of yourself xxx

sharon,i will send you some money in a few weeks and if you dont mind grabbing me the 1st birthday stuff for k-r i would really appreciate it i want to start getting more organized i need to start christmas shopping soon,omg ive said the dreaded word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

karen i would love to have my kids home tutored,i know school is good in some ways but i worry constantly about them and kids can be so cruel,emma has a stammer and i dread her starting hight school on friday.

laura,hope jak has a lovely day and likes all his presents you got him,ive had to laugh at the umberella doll thing george said,lol

im off to sleep now ive got to be up early again for school,bye for now xxxxxx

02/09/2008 at 22:59

Hi all

Firstly, Karen it can take weeks for your body to expel anything that might be there, I had to ask for medical management in the end as I felt my life was on hold waitng for this horrible thing to happen, they gave me a tablet on the Saturday to soften my cervix and reduce the preg hormone levels then I was supposed to go back on the Monday for the pessaries but couldnt get childcare so never got them but I miscarried on the Tues anyway. Maybe if its taking to long you could ask your doc for some help ?

P, hope you are ok hun, you mustve got a fright !! Not sure about copying the entire thread, I just copy whatever messages I want to keep into a Word document and save the dates on them, Ill print them off and shove them in with my pregnancy and birth keepsakes.x

Nikki, Ill sort that out for you no probs if you just let me know what you want, Im going up there next week so will let you know what they have and you can pick whatever youre looking for, xxx

Hi Laura and Joy, how are you both ? Joy its nice to have you back hun, hope youre feeling lots better, x

Just had my hair all cut, looks nice and tidy now and feels much better with all that weight off too. Was lovely to spend time with my sis, she flies out to Salou on Thurs so shes excited about that.

Had a nice day with Lily, went to B&Q for paint for the upstairs bathroom and then off to Asda. Got her some new PJs and vests and some nice slides for her hair which she actually let me put in without her yanking them back off, lol. 

Have decided to swap bedrooms with Lily and the boys as she has a massive big room to herself whilst the boys are sharing a tiny box room and its not fair, lot of upheaval but will be worth it in the end !! 

Right Im off or a munch then off to bed, Good luck all the little ones going back to school tomorrow, God it seems like yesterday I was saying that on here this time last year !!!!

Night, xxxxxxxxxxx 

03/09/2008 at 09:25

Morning all

How are we all this am ? I  had a lovely sleep even though Id watched a creepy film before bed, got up at 6.30am bright and breezy !!

Its not raining here yet (hurrah !) so got loads of washing to get out on the line. It poured down yesterday afternoon after Id gone out so all my washing got soaked, story of my life, lol.

Nikki, heres the website for the ACE, its 24ace.co.uk, request a catalogue first then place your order using quick shop as its easier to do than browse the site, its quite confusing as all the prices are different from the catalogue. Ive just ordered some wee bits n bobs for Xmas to get me started.

Hoping to get my bathroom painted today, we shall see how Lily is first as Ill probably start it then she will kick off and I wont get it finished, lol.

P, Im with you on the no more babies !! Im going to see the doc as soon as my period ends and get the ball rolling, I need a D&C anyway so may as well get it all done in one hit !! Whilst saying that I went all gooey when I saw all the wee boys winter stuff in Asda yesterday, lol.

Well must go and get my shower, catch up later girls, xxxx 

03/09/2008 at 10:05

Morning

Happy Birthday Jak

Well i am abit sore and stiff today (GRIN!) but I am ok. Jack is fine, lol but then he was well craddled.

Cocked up the school thing...got G all ready and when we get there the little ones start tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor George, he was gutted..there were several of us tho so i didnt feel so bad! Good practice run LOL

1 to 20 of 1887 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...
MadeForMums
Thinkbaby
Practical Parenting
Junior

Take a peek inside this month's magazine
FREE Baby Flannel plus FREE Thomas and Friends book
Find your nearest stockist here