forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Just for Mum

NO MORE TUMMY FOR MUMMY

7 messages
09/12/2008 at 17:22

Hello mommies

I'm pretty new to this forum who would love to get advice from all you ladies.

I had my son 2 and half years ago and i lost all of the weight, i currently weigh 118, but my problem is how do you tone in the most effective way to see results. My belly is just not the same ..although this is expected i want to know if any of you have done any exercises which have gotten results??? i haven't started to work out but want to know what would be the best to achieve results????

HELP!

10/12/2008 at 14:59

Hi Steffy.

I use Tae Bo and yoga. The Tae Bo burns lots of calories if done regularly, and I find the yoga helps with muscle tone.

Em x

10/12/2008 at 16:19
Thanks Em.
15/12/2008 at 09:17
Hi Steffy, with being an aerobics instructor for a few years until i gave it up due to ill health, i would say yoga, pilates, if you have a balance ball, this can be really affective to do many exercises, Ive just gave birth to my daughter 3 weeks ago, i tried my best to do as much exercises on my ball leading up to the birth with stretching, now that ive had her ive already lost my baby weight, pelvic exercises are good no matter if its pre birth or post birth.  I also reccommend spinfit as a good burner and body attack, if your going to go with doing it in the house i would say the balance ball, or get a good dvd, davina is a good one
15/12/2008 at 16:30

Thanks C-A & J-L

My biggest debate was whether or not to join a gym or try at home. I would think at the gym i would have more motivation!!

The other problem i have is i don't want to loose any weight i just want to tone...i've never tried yoga, pilates...i always had the idea they weren't intense enough for toning..haha i want quick results which i know is not possible.. i just think i wouldn't have patience for yoga or pilates!!

Damn these trainers that are sooo expensive!

17/11/2011 at 16:18

Yoga is will definitely tone your body! Look at Madonna and Jennifer Aniston they swear by yoga. 

What you could do is try out yoga a couple of times. I know you can get big discounts  through groupon on yoga classes and trial gym memberships. You can usually get around 10 classes for really cheap. 10 classes should be enough to notice a difference and see if you want to continue  

27/07/2012 at 02:45

I read somewhere that cardio will help in losing the fat and then toning up with weight is a good option. We are afraid that we will bulk up but this is not true

First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
7 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...