forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Just for Mum

Painful and aching womb 1 year after having baby

4 messages
04/06/2010 at 10:53

Hi all....

i have been having aching pains in my womb area ever since i gave birth to my beautiful little girl almost a year ago. in the beginning i thought it was my body just getting itself back into place,,,but i thought it would have gone away by now.

its not all the time ...but a lot of the time.

and sex is very painful too,,,the pain is in my womb aswell - its liek shooting pains.

Im a little worried but dont want to waste the docs time if this is normal?!

HELP!

thanks

xxxxxxx

04/06/2010 at 19:23

Hi Nicky,

I had the achey womb too (like constant menstrual pains), and still do at times. I constantly went to the doc and was fobbed off with it's your body getting back to normal and then when my LO was about 9 months they decided it was irritable bowel! Weird as i always described menstrual type pains, but they stuck by that it's irritable bowel and that it has presents itself in many different type pains. However, sex was never painful and i was always told that if sex was painful or you bled after to get checked out. So i would go to your gp chick just to be sure, don't worry about wasting their time it's their job.

When my pains first started to really bother me i begged for a smear as i was worried something was wrong, but they won't give them where i am til you turn 25, i finally got one (after turning 25 lol!) and thankfully all is good, but it's put my mind at rest having had had that aspect of things checked. so push for a smear hun just so you can put your mind at ease.

Hope my waffling has helped and keep me posted!

xxx

04/06/2010 at 21:37

Hi

thanks for your reply.

thats exactly what its like...period pains!

And its funny you should say that about a smear because i was thinking i would ask for one because ive got alsorts going through my head!

ive booked in to cthe doc....so hopefully everything will b fine.

Thanks for replying ...i just needed someones opinion xxx

05/06/2010 at 08:40

Hi Nicky,

Let me know how it goes at the doc and do push for a smear because if nothing else it will put your mind at ease to have that side of things checked.

xxx

First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
4 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?