forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Newborn

Bath time Blues!

7 messages
11/09/2006 at 19:04
I have a 7 week old boy who hates baths! He hates being undressed, is ok in the water but then screams when I take him out. Any help much appreciated!
11/09/2006 at 19:16
My baby was exactly the same. It was a nightmare. I bought a bathing apron called a Coocoose and it is just a hooded towel that I (or my husband!) wears and it means I do not have to put Joe on the floor - I can pick him straight out of bath and dry him and he is a lot happier. I would recommend giving it a go plus it is nice and big so lasts ages
12/09/2006 at 10:14
That sounds like such a good idea! Never heard of it before...where did you get it from?
12/09/2006 at 10:18
I bought mine online at www.coochico.com. It is quite a new thing I think so not sure where else you can buy it. Have been telling lots of my friends about it and they all love it as well. I also didn't worry about bathtime every night when mine was small but now (from about 3 months) having a bath definately seems to settle him better for the night! good luck!
27/09/2006 at 13:04
Sophie - your not alone my 8 week old daughter is the same, and my 19 month old daughter is fine until it comes to hair washing then she screams the house down! lol
19/05/2007 at 16:20
We washed our little one (5 weeks old) today with the shower and she loved it.

It's a regular over the bath shower

Doesn't like the bath much at all either, my husband held her in his arms and I washed her,

Might be worth trying!
20/05/2007 at 19:18
Hi Sophie
My boys were bp0th like that and it used to take two of us to bath them. One to wash and one to hold their hands and talk to them! Fussy little buggers LOL
I made the mistake of having the bath water too cool...so make sure the room and water are baby acceptable. they are sooooo fussy. But then again...thats their job!
I think sometimes they just feel insecure. I like the apron idea i will try that this time! x
First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
7 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...