forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Newborn

bedding for new borns?

4 messages
06/10/2008 at 21:07

i was wondering if any1 could give me sum advice on what bedding 2 buy for when my baby is born, i've heard that baby sleeping bags are best as they cant wriggle out of them...but is that enough and should i buy blankets aswel, and are normal woolie blankets enough or is ther different types??????

as u can tell im pretty clueless so any suggestions wud b great!!!

Thanx Rach  31+4

06/10/2008 at 22:10

Hi rachael,

I bought flat sheets, fitted sheets, celular blankets and got sleeping bags as gifts i had Aiden in his moses basketand wasnt sure how he would sleep with waht blankets and it turned out he liked to be swaddled really tight so because it was summer i did this with a flat sheet because its thiner and then covered him with a cellular blanket he still likes this now

i hope this helps u good luck with ur babys and if u need anymore advice feel free to ask

Love Ash and Aiden x

06/10/2008 at 22:22

hi. i agree with ash. my dd was born in the summer so i just swaddled her with light sheet on the warmer days and a cellular blanket on the cooler days. she did however prefer a sleeping bag cos she liked to wiggle about. they are fab and you can get different toggs for different times of year. as long as you have a babygrow to cover her arms then a sleeping bag should be enough. as long as you have layers which can be added or removed depending on the weather thats fine.

my dd is now 2 and used slepping bags and all in one suits until recently and on the colder nights she would wear the all in one sleep suits over her pjs (the fluffy wolly ones) she is now in a proper bed so has a duvet.

when baby is here s/he will let you know if s/he is too hot or cold and you will soon get the hang of it xxx 

07/10/2008 at 19:13
thanx very much girls! i think i wil get both blankets an sleeping bag, an see which suit her best. thanx 4 the advice

rach and bump xxx
First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
4 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?