forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Pregnancy

2 week wait advice

1 to 20 of 231 messages
24/02/2006 at 13:29
Hello ladies,

Just wondering if any of you that have had your BFP can advise those of us that are still anxiously waiting what kinda symptoms you had in your 2WW.

I have a few things that are making me think perhaphs this is gonna be my month but the obvious things like morning sickness and sore boobs I don't really feel (yet?)

Thanks
Fiona
26/02/2006 at 20:56
Hi Fiona
It's not always easy to say definitely one way or the other.
I found mostly that I was just incredibly tired and felt like napping every day. The first time I was pregnant, it happened in early Nov so I just put the sleepiness down to the miserable time of the year and the mad autumn work schedule... until I did a test!
I've put a link at the top of this forum page, to an article you might find useful.
But also, you're right to ask for other people's advice here, we've got so many great forum members passing around advice and experiences at the moment.
Fingers crossed for you. x
19/04/2006 at 19:44
hi fiona
i knew i was pg before i did the test and i did with all my others i have 4 and pg with number 5. i have really bad mood swings im up n down like a yoyo. ive never really had morning sickness!!! im 5+2 and my boobs r gettin really sore now which ive never really had bad before but ive always had really bad mood swings straight away and this time as i knew i tested 4 days before my period was due with a clear blue test and it was positive hope this helps
15/11/2006 at 00:11
Hi ladies,
I'm almost 20years old and have recently found out i'm pregnant. I'm expecting my child in late June next year. I wasn't planning on having a child, i'm currently studying psychology at university and as inconvienient as this pregnancy is, i'm now over the moon. I have so much support from my family and friends but i was wondering if theres anyone here that has had a child at a young age? And as parents, do you think its possible to juggle university and being the best mum possible to your child? If anyone has any advice please let me know.
Hayley x
15/11/2006 at 14:43
hi hayley
i had a baby at 21 and was studying chils psychology, if you got support from your family then there no reason why you cant still go to uni and be a great mum as i have been there and done that, it will be hard at 1st but it will get better as time go on and your baby will benfit from you having a good career/job behind you

zara xx
15/11/2006 at 15:14
HI Hayley,
I had my first at 22, i was a buyer and on a good wage, i ended being sacked for being pregnant. Since then i havent worked but went to college in the evenings just to add a new skill. My hubby has also gone back to college in the evenings as well. We havent got any family close by for me to take the kids to, and childcare is expensive, but hubby has said i can go back to college when baby number 3 goes to preschool and he will support us for a little while longer. My mum had me at 17 she finished school with 4 gcses, she has always worked part time, sometimes i think she feels that she should of had more support from her family, i think mum should of waited but as she says she is now 42 i havent lived at home for 8 years, my brother is 18, she can now do as she pleases. I think i would rather be a young mummy then still have my youngest living with me when im 55 and when you go on holiday you have to worry about them and wild partys.
16/11/2006 at 10:35
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help?
I have missed my period by 8 days, I'm feeling really low, extreemely tierd and dizzy.For the last week I've had period like pains and my abdomen is really heavy, I suspect that I'm pregnant but i've done 3 tests and they have all shown up negative. Has anyone else exprienced this, is it possible I could still be pregnant?
16/11/2006 at 13:48
Hi Lowri
If you are already past the date when you woudl usually have your period, I would say that 3 negative tests are likely to be right.
By the time your period is due, you'd be well past the level of the pregnancy hormone hCG that any test looks for.
Of course no test is 100 per cent accurate but I would think it is unlikely.
Periods, even in women who have had a very regular experience for years, can suddenly change. Esp if you are stressed out, have changed situations (eg job or home move) or are going through another major change in your life.
As you are feeling very run down and dizzy, I would defnitely recommend seeing your doctor asap. The symptoms could be those of pregnancy, but the tests suggest it is perhaps something else.
Don't worry too much until you see your doctor. It could be that you need a blood test to see if it's just that your iron levels are skewed, for example.
Take care and keep in touch
Laura
17/11/2006 at 12:02
Hi Lowri,
I have tested upto 2 weeks after my period was due, with several different tests all been negative, i then used a first response about 3 days later and was pregnant. But as laura says it does work the other way round, i would want to be pregnant so much that a couple of times it has been six weeks between periods. Try another test in a few days or ask the doctor to do a test for you.
27/11/2006 at 11:50
Hi...
I have been trying to get pregnant for about a year. My period is about 4 days late. i usually know my period is coming because my breasts get extremely sore a good week before the period starts. but i'm not getting any pain this month. i am SSOOO emotional at the moment and a bit snappy. but then this could just be my period coming. I really thought i'd be pregnant but i've done loads of tests and they have all came out negative. Anyone have any words of wisdom?
ali
27/11/2006 at 20:17
hi dawn,

if you are 4 days late & you are pregnant there should be enough of the pregnancy hormone in your system by now for you to be getting a positive test result.
if there's no change once you are a week late it might be a good idea for you to double check everything is ok with your doctor. hope that you find out whats happening soon!

alix
30/11/2006 at 22:57
Hi
We have being trying to conceive for 11 months, I have endometriosis so am not too suprised that nothing has happenned yet. My periods are clockwork however this month I am 1 day late, I had convinced myself that we would not be pregnant until next year so have not been "obsessing", however I have had absolutely no period pains which is vey unusual for me.
I decided not to do a test until I was at least 5-7 days late however I had a strong feeling of nausia today when eating an orange, couldn't wait so have just done a pregnancy test with a negative result.
Do you think it was too early to test?
ali
01/12/2006 at 00:34
hi vanessa,

it may take a day or two yet for the pregnancy hormones to set in. the first time i knew i was pregnant was when my boobs started to really ache about five days after my period was due. hang on for a day or two yet if you can!

good luck!

alix
01/12/2006 at 22:12
Thanks, I'll keep you posted!
03/12/2006 at 08:29
Hello everybody.

I have missed my period by four days now and have done 4 pregnancy tests, all of which have come back positive.

We are desperate for a baby, and are over the moon that the tests say we are pregnant, but I am not feeling any of the symptoms, other than slightly tender breasts and a metallic taste in my mouth.

Could the tests be mistaken? I have a doctors appointment for Tuesday, where hopefully I should be more certain, but I just feel awful that I cannot talk to anyone about my concerns for fear of jinxing the first trimester.
ali
03/12/2006 at 11:10
hi Rachel,

you must be due the same month as me in august!
home pregnancy tests are very accurate most doctors will refer you straight to the midwife if you've done a home test.
when i was first preg i had the same symptoms as your having and everyone will be different.
hopefully by going to the doctors that will put your mind at rest and you can start to enjoy your preg!

alix
03/12/2006 at 19:00
Hi, well my period arrived this morning so looks like it wasn't my month, feel a bit disapointed but glad that I found this site.
Congratulations Rachel, I agree with Alix that the doctor may not even do a test with 4 postive results at home.

Good Luck for Tuesday.
05/12/2006 at 10:16
Hi Well My period is 4 days late with 3 negative tests but as with my previous 2 pregnancies they were negative right up until i was 8 weeks pregnant.

with my second pregnancy I eventualy had to have an internal scan to find out I was pregnant due to negative tests at home and at the doctors.

So far I have very swollen breasts sickness and tiredness ohhh and wonderful mood swings. So who knows wether a posotive result will show this time or my period is late (which it never is).
05/12/2006 at 16:38
Hiya

this is all new to me, i'm 21 and haven't been trying for a baby, infact i've been on the pill. My period was due on saturday but never came so i did a pregnancy test yesterday. It was positive! I did a second one nearly right away, which was still positive but not as obvious as the first test. I've been to see my doctor today, who did another pregnancy test, and again it was positive, but she said it was very faint. I've been having period type cramps in my abdomen, and i've read that this could just be due to the uterus expanding, but i'm worried that this is not a good sign, especially with the test at the doctors today being really faint! Has anyone else ever experience light cramping very early on in their pregnancy? hope you can help!

05/12/2006 at 21:40
HI kristina congratulations and welcome to a whole new world :-)

cramping very early on is common I had cramping with both my previous pregnancies. it's nothing to worry about unless it gets really uncomfortable or a one sided pain etc then just get yourself checked out.

Also as you can see from my above post I had negative tests right up to 8 weeks but everything was fine producing 2 healthy babies.
1 to 20 of 231 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...
MadeForMums
Thinkbaby
Practical Parenting
Junior

Take a peek inside this month's magazine
FREE Baby Flannel plus FREE Thomas and Friends book
Find your nearest stockist here