forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Pregnancy

9 - 10 weeks pregnant not sure if its going to be twins ???

8 messages
27/01/2008 at 23:46
Hi everyone.... im 9 - 10 weeks pregnant.... but my belly is well hughed... do you think it could be twins.... need advice ... and im still waiting for the midwife to call me... and im nearlly on my 11th week....
28/01/2008 at 10:22

please can anyone let me know please.... i cant really say how big my belly is but i think its to big for 9-10 weeks... do you think  i might be having twins....

if not do you think its perfectelly normal for a belly to be quite big for 9-10 weeks in pregnancy.....

still not heard from the midwife...

28/01/2008 at 10:46

Hi Claire,

Firstly, congratulations.

I found out I was pregnant at 5weeks and by 8weeks was in maternity clothes. I had a thought it could be twins but the midwife said it was more likely just water retention.

Had my scan and confirmed there is only one baby (phew!). Am now 26weeks and enormous!

I saw my midwife at 7weeks for by booking app but originally I was asked to wait until 10weeks just to make an app. I wasn't happy and called again and was booked in earlier.

Katie xoxo

28/01/2008 at 10:52
Hi Claire, is this your first pregnancy? it is possible that your having twins as a larger tummy is a sign but the only way to find out is with a scan. Get in touch with a midwife and tell her that your concerned. Also, in the early stages of pregnancy everything starts moving around and can make your tummy a lot rounder. With my first, second and third pregnancy, you could see quite clearly that I was pregnant at 8-9 weeks, a pharmacist refused to sell me any vicks sinex when I was 8 weeks because I was pregnant, I was mortified, I did not think it was that obvious. The mid-wife thought I could be having twins too but there was only 1. I hope this helps, Nicola x
29/01/2008 at 23:02

Hi thankyou for your comments....

this isnt my first pregnancy... was pregnant 3 years ago but I ended up having a misscarrage on my 10 week ...

but I glad that iv manage to pass my 10 and onto my 11th...

my first scan is on the 8th of feb....  the funniest thing happened is that I saw my friend outside tescos.... who just given birth to a baby boy a few months ago... I said to her that im now pregant and that the doctor said that im 9-10weeks pregnant.... but my tummy looks to big for them weeks.... so she said lets see and she started feeling my belly and she said no way your 9-10 weeks pregnant... I think your doctor is wrong..your well passed that you look about 3 and a half months pregnant..... or is your having twins...if nither of them ..then you've got a big fat baby in there...

that was my highlight of that part of the day... lol.

And theres one more thing..is that iv still not been sick just feeling really tired and Narusious and abit of now and then just abit dizzy and hot.... but still no mourning sickness and phsyically being sick... do you think that theres something wrong...

30/01/2008 at 08:16
I really would not worry about not being sick, I was not sick with either of my first 2, I got slightly light headed from time to time but that was it. My third I dont know because I was ill anyway. Everyone is different, some people suffer more than others and some don't suffer at all. The old wives tale says that if you do not suffer with sickness then its a boy. Personally I think it is just luck but I have never suffered and I have 3 boys. Good luck with your scan, let us know how it goes.
30/01/2008 at 13:14
Thankyou ill keep you updated
30/01/2008 at 15:35

hi claire

first of all congratulations, im on my second pregnancy im 10 + 5 days, i also have my first scan 0n the 8th feb to. My first pregnancy was twin boys who are now four, rather a handfull. Im just like you my belly is huge i look about four months, so im worried its twins again. I was told that if its your second child, you do show earlier than normal. Also some women do experience alot of bloating in the first trimester which is normal, but there is always the chance your having more than one, oviously if your bigger than your dates. I wish you all the luck, keep me informed how your scan goes.

Rachel xxx 

First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
8 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?