forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Pregnancy

Am I??

8 messages
20/06/2008 at 13:42

I have a sneaky feeling I might be pregnant.  I stopped taking my pills about 6 months ago.  I feel sick, kind of throughout the day, have a funny butterfly feeling in my tummy, mild cramps, tiredness and sore breasts. 

The really daft thing is, I work a crazy job, 80 -90 hours a week, no days off a lot of the time, and I really can't remember how long ago my last period was...??  Silly I know....but it all kind of merges together.  It's been at least 3 weeks, maybe 4, maybe 5....so when do you reckon I should do a test?

20/06/2008 at 13:47

HI!

It cant harm to do a test hun..i was the same when I foound out i couldnt remamber when my last 1 was..but was a bit further on than i fort!

I think you should to put your mind at rest..lets put it this way it only took me 6minths to get my lil flump!

Let me know how you get on xxxx

20/06/2008 at 17:31

Hi.

I agree with the other Emma. Just take a test, sounds like its v possible youre pregnant and you wont be able to relax until you know for sure. (Although doesnt sound like you have a lot of time to relax anyway).

Good luck. em x

23/06/2008 at 17:04

Well I did the test today.....well twice actualy to make sure the first one was right....It was positive!!!!

SO excited!!! Going to the doctors on Thusday.....

23/06/2008 at 17:24

Congratulations hun..... Hope all goes well. How far gone are you?

xxx

24/06/2008 at 15:56
CONGRATS!!!! woo hoo  hope all goes well...let us know when you are due!! xxx
27/06/2008 at 15:14

I went to the doctors on Thursday.  She just said congratulations, told me to book in with the midwife and then spent about 10 minutes going on about how likely miscarriage was in the first 3 months.  That mkaes you feel really great hey.  I've got my appointement with the midwife on Monday.  Scary thing was this morning I started bleeding.  I had this mad panic moment that the doctor must have felt something wrong and spent so long going on about miscarriage to soften the blow or somehting.  My other half just flew out of Heathrow for a stag weekend so  was here all by my tod.

Anyway I rang the midwife, and she assure me that "brown blood" is okay, just normal 1st trimester bleeding, just old blood and nothing to worry about as long as you're pain free.  She said if I started bleeding red blood to get back in touch.  But the bleeding stopped pretty much as soon as it started.  So I'm happier now.

I know they say you go to the loo a lot more when you're pregnant. . . I certainly have been, but nothing to do with needing to wee more,....more to keep checking that nothings going wrong.  Scray this preganacy lark hey!

27/06/2008 at 15:28

Wow many congratulations to you francesca. Your right it is very scary and i think you will be worrying about every little pain you get now for the next 9 months, its a mothers natural instinct

Take care and keep us updated as to when you have your scan, and when you are dues etc.

xxx

First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
8 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?