forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Pregnancy

Baby carriers - advice needed!

4 messages
14/04/2010 at 21:30

Hi there,

I want to buy a baby carrier (not so keen on slings) for when my 2nd child is born.  have bought a phil and teds but want a carrier so i can walk to the park with my son and have hands free without lugging the buggy over.  I have read every review and am stuck.  Don't want to spend a fortune but need it to be easy to use/get baby in and out.  Has anyone got any advice/recommendations?

Would appreciate any help!

Thanks

Gemma

14/04/2010 at 21:48

I had 2 different types when I had Indie - a Tomy Freestyle Carrier and a Hotsling.

Tomy freestyle carrier was great and comfortable to wear. Indie looked very comfortable in it and I used it until she was about 6 months old (she was little for ages).  To start with she faced me and then when she was bigger she sat facing out so she could see what was going on.  The only downside to having one with a summer baby is that they may get quite hot in it. Indie was born at end of October so it didn't matter.

I think Indie preferred because she could lay down and it was handy for breastfeeding. I found the sling much easier to put on than the Tomy, and much easier to get the baby into a sling than a carrier but not so comfortable to wear if you are going to out for hours.

Hope this helps x

15/04/2010 at 10:52

Hi, 

Sorry to hyjack this post lol.  I too was wondering about getting a carrier.  I have 6 children living with me and the youngest is 3 so would like to have a carrier so I don't have to tie him to the pram lol.  Would like to be able to hold the childrens hands still but have been quite put off by the reports that the slings aren't safe.  Baby due end of sept so I don't think there will be a problem with over heating.

Any suggestions on decent ones that I could have a look at ????

Thanks

Lynda xxx

15/04/2010 at 17:20

Hi when my daugher was little I used a carrier a lot as I also have a dog to walk. I used the mothercare 3 in 1 harness and can't fault it. She was always so comfy in it and more often than not would fall asleep when out for walks

Laura

First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
4 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?