forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Pregnancy

bleeding in preg

1 to 20 of 137 messages
28/12/2006 at 10:08
Hi
I am about 12.5 weeks so far into my pregnancy, I have experineced bleedling around 5/6 weeks and then nothing until about 10 weeks where I was experineced more bleeding and then gagain nothing until this morning where I seem to be bleeding again.
It is extremley worrying, the first two times I was bleeding I was sent to the early pregnancy assessment unit where they could not find any reason for the bleeding, I have not contacted my doctor for my bleeding this time as I have my scan appointment tomorrow so I guess I will just wait and see until then.
I have heard stories where some people experince bleeding throughout their whole pregnancy, has anyone else got any experinec in this?
28/12/2006 at 10:39
Hi Caroline

Your pregnacy sounds a bit like my one. I too had bleeding at 6 weeks and then again at 7 weeks and then again at 11.5 weeks. It is really scary (especially as I have had 2 miscarriages already this last year) My doctor said that it can sometimes coincide with when you would have had a period. But they couldn't really give me any definite answers. I'm now 14 weeks and I still get the occasional bit of spotting but I never have any really bad cramping pains (which apparenlty can be a good sign). It's not as uncommon as you think - a couple of people I know have told me they too had bleeding on and off all through their pregnancy, but they've now got healthy babies. So just try not to worry too much (easier said than done, I know. I'm sure that your scan tomorrow will be fine. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Vicky x
31/12/2006 at 13:39
Hi, Vicky and Caroline

Did you have any other changes in symptoms when you bled at early stage?
I am around 8 weeks, and bled after sex, but had been suffering with all day sickness, the day after bled sickness has completly stopped?! I've not had anymore bleeding and cant go doctors until tues!!
Not sure if the two are linked or if i've just finished my sickness stage??

Your help would be great! Chell x x
02/01/2007 at 12:27
Hi Everyone,

Went for my 22 week scan and they told me the reason I was bleeding was because I have a Low lying placenta does anyone else have this? Im still bleeding but it is darker in colour and the pressure pains I have are terrible Im now 23 weeks preg and if the pains are bad now what are they going to be like in another couple of months I tread to think I won`t be able to walk.
02/01/2007 at 12:45
Hi Chell

When I bled early in pregnancy, I didn't have any other symptons and unfortunately I ended up miscarrying twice, (but I also didn't 'feel' pregnant anymore) On my 3rd time of falling pregnant (and I still have had some bleeding with this one) I suffered from all day sickness and had really bad headaches but I think that was just because of the pregnancy hormones. I have to say though - when I did see my GP this time round, she told me to refrain from sex for a while, which I did (hubby wasn't too impressed.... but he understood!!) I'm now just over 14 weeks and my sickness and headaches have stopped - finally.

All I'd say is just rest as much as you can until you see your doctor - good luck!
03/01/2007 at 16:31
Hi all

quick question - over the last few days I've been getting a pinky discharge (i hate saying that word...) do you think I should just mention this to my mid wife? has anyone else experienced this at all??

I'm 14.5 weeks

Vicky x
03/01/2007 at 19:24
I was told to always tell your Doc or Midwife if you have any bleeding in pregancy. They can give you advice & hopefully put your mind at rest.
I would recommend refaining from sex as after I bled in my first pregancy we put a stop to it till the last month. Once I fell preg the 2nd time we had no sex at all till the end. At the moment we have been trying 7 months for our 3rd baby(last 2 times i fell p straight away).
08/01/2007 at 13:51
Just to share my news, i was so convinced that everything had gone wrong! After the bleeding and disapearing symptoms! I had my scan last week, and they told me the bleeding was most likley from implantation, as there is still some blood showing up in the womb under the sac. So although i wont be able to help being concerned i shouldnt be if have a small bleed again.
It has settled my worries a lot! Seeing the heartbeat confirmed that i was panicking for nothing! Although it has been rightly said before any bleeding should be discussed with midwife or doctor, even if just to put minds at rest!
16/02/2007 at 22:53
My sister has been trying for a baby for 3.5 years, had all the tests, operations etc... shes been through so much bless her and the emotional turmoil is unexplainable, i cry for her all the time. Finaly she gets pregnant 6 weeks and shes started bleeding bright red for two days nows, shes devestated, were all devestated as she thought she wouldnt have to go through IVF but now we just dont know. She also had a m/s 3 years ago when she first started trying but hasnt got pegnant since untill now. Why does this happen whats wrong she gets past first base and then its taken away from her just like that, life is so unfair.
ali
18/02/2007 at 20:49
hi lisa,

glad to hear your ok, i know how scary it is when you find theres blood. you just start to panick and all these negative thoughts gather.
im 15 weeks now and ive had no bleeding so far, thought id be enjoyn several months liner free, then read midwife booklet & apparently vag discharge increases from about now so on the plus side at least i know that its all normal. good luck for the rest of your preg!

alix
19/02/2007 at 13:02
hi.

im nearly 6 weeks pregnant and have been bleeding for the last fives days sometimes dark then light...i did 3 tests all saying positive!!!! going for a scan thurs i will let you all know.reading your messages makes me feel there is hope.kezza
07/03/2007 at 16:47
hello

I am now 11 weeks pregnant and am experiencing some bleeding. I have 2 complete uteruses though and the bleeding is coming from the one that there is no baby in. It has been so scary though as never had any bleeding in first pregnancy so you can't help but think something is wrong.

Unfortunately, I bled on the Saturday morning and Early Preg Unit doesn't do scans on weekends so I had to wait until the Monday to get a scan. The nightmares I had until then were just awful! Luckily all was ok with baby and hadn't had any more brown blood since sat.

However just started to bleed again last night(tuesday) fresh blood this time and keep getting needly pains around belly but baby side still clear. Midwifes told me not to worry unless I start to pass clots etc. You still worry though

Strange how pregnancies can be so different.
22/03/2007 at 13:42
Hi I am 11 weeks pregnant and last thursday had bleeding, similar to the beginning of my period, it stopped after about an hour - had a scan and he said all was fine, it was a clot - no reason just happened. Had another scan on Monday and all was still ok. Then today, Thursday, I have just had the same again. I can't help worrying - Are these clots normal - they don't want to see me again unless I have a larger bleed or pains!
02/04/2007 at 00:44
Hi Sarah

dont think the worst straight away hun, i had bleeds when my period was due when i was pregnant but the best thing to do i think is to see your gp and arrange an early scan.

have ben getting any cramps?

xxxxxxxx
13/05/2007 at 23:30
hi all

early hours of wednesday mornin i was rushed into local hospitals early pregnancy unit because i woke up with heavy bleeding scared livin crap out of me and hubby as i was 16 weeks gone. had scan baby heart beatin fine but still bleedin on and off. during tuesday i had heavy cramping like wind pains thought i was just constipated. this is my second child i am feeling baby movin must be a good sign, just takin it easy cos i dont want to end up in hospital again. hubby bein a god send hes doin the housework and hes actually doin the washin up which is a shock to my system let alone his own.

debs
14/05/2007 at 08:53
Hiya debs,

I had a heavy bleed @ 18 weeks and I have been nervous ever since! We are still not 100% sure abot the cause but I feel baby move all the time now so that makes me feel better. I got rushed to my nearest maternity ward, I didnt have a scan but I did have an internal exam and heard baby's heartbeat. My M/W didnt seem to concerned and said that most bleeds in pregnancy remain unexplained. x x x
23/05/2007 at 19:12
hi my name is dawn and im 8 week in a few days i have started to bleed no clots nothing no pains only cramps im taling one day at a time even thou doc said its normal the bleeding is around the time my period is due so it explains the cramps but to be honest might be my hormones got no other symptoms at all
23/05/2007 at 19:45
hi dawn try not to worry, i had period type pains and spotting randomly but had a totally normal healthy pregnancy.

if you get too concered if there is a early pregnancy unit at your local hospital they might offer you an early scan.

your doctors right, if your period was dure round about now you sometimes get bleeding. as long as it doesnt get v heavy and bright red then i would put it down to the breakthrough bleeding.if your doc would have been worried i am sure he would have zipped you down for a scan. you should be able to hear the heartbeat at 8 weeks, so contact your midwife and she should be able to whip her doppler out to put your mind at ease. xxxxx
25/05/2007 at 13:24
hello everybody,
i am 27 years old and 12 weeks and three days pregnant right now.as i was reading all your views and happenings it struck me that i have to say these things have not bothered my pregnancy yet.i dont want them to bother me either...i hope everything goes positively without too much hassle.i have been though suffering from vaginal thrush now for about a week and though its not irritating me all the time still its uncomfortable and itchy at times.i have not said this to my midwife or doc and would like to ask you ladies that can i use external thrush cream from chemist shop without going to anybody or it will be harmful?i wish you all the very best that you recover from whatever ailment you are suffering from for the problems you quoted here to share and discuss since the last thing that you need in pregnancy you need is worry.
25/05/2007 at 21:43
hi smita

yes canesten cream is safe to use, and so is the pessary provided your not past 25 weeks, the cream wont clear the thrush, just sooth the itching so use the pessary too.

also got someone to go for you ohterwise some chemists are reluctant to sell them to preggers women, unless your not showing yet lol

good luck hun. xxxx
1 to 20 of 137 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...
MadeForMums
Thinkbaby
Practical Parenting
Junior

Take a peek inside this month's magazine
FREE Baby Flannel plus FREE Thomas and Friends book
Find your nearest stockist here