forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Pregnancy

Brown discharge

9 messages
02/11/2008 at 16:09

Hi,

I am 23 weeks pregnant, and i have been getting a brown loss. I have been to see my midwife & she did some swabs which came back fine. That was nearly a week ago & she said it may be because my husband & i had sex a day before the loss started.

I have had 3 previous miscarriages so am obviously very frightened! I have not felt my baby move since last night, so feel even more concerend!

I have spoken to a midwife again today & she said not to worry & it can be quite common. So long as i am not in pain & the loss isnt bright red i dont need to worry!!

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?

02/11/2008 at 19:02

Hey,

prob not cause for concern, but having suffered a miscarriage myself, my advice would be to go to your local hospital and go to the maternity triage dept, they will run more tests and put you on monitor for babys movements. My fingers are crossed for you. let me know how you get on

xxxx

02/11/2008 at 19:32
Hi Natty

I have also had MC's. I am now 33 weeks pregnant and i have spotting on and off during this pregnancy. I always went up to hospital.
I would give them another call or if it comes to it go up to your A&E. I am sure everything is fine, but as you haven't felt baby move since last night that in itself would make me call midwife. Again I am sure it is fine, but the hospital would rather you phone them. Also you wont be doing yourself any good stressing out. GIVE THEM A CALL
Let us know how you get on.
Laura x
03/11/2008 at 14:42
Thanks to you all for your advice. I am waiting for someone to call back from Labour ward to arrange for me to be seen this afternoon hopefully x
03/11/2008 at 18:35

hey scatty natty just wondering how you got on today???

hope everything is well with you and babes

zolo xxx

03/11/2008 at 19:28

Hey everyone!

Just to let you all know that baby & myself are fine! They dont really know the cause of the brown discharge - but it can be common in some pregnancies. Have been told that ionly need to worry if the discharge turns red or if i have any abdominal pain.

Meanwhile i feel so reassured  they were lovely at the hospital & said to go back anytime if im worried.

Thanks to you all for your advice & concerns xxx ;o)

04/11/2008 at 13:11

Hey,

Thats really great news, am really pleased for you! Its always best to put your mind at rest or you drive yourself crazy!

Good luck with the rest of your preg hon

xx

04/11/2008 at 14:41

Hiya

Glad everything is fine. It's silly to sit and worry, but we've all been there and done it.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

Laura 33+2 x

18/11/2008 at 16:42

Glad everything is fine Natty.

I experienced the same thing with the brown discharge about 3 weeks ago and was told the same thing. i was very worried also but have been fine since.

Xxxx

First Name:
Last Name:
Nickname:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:
email image
9 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?