forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Pregnancy

due august 2008

201 to 220 of 3925 messages
10/01/2008 at 19:42

ooh lisa i could just drink an ice cold smoothie 2, yum! lol

im making myself drink loads of milk at mo cos i read that about this stage the skeleton starts forming so need plenty of calcium

i love the name Ruby for a girl, cant decide on boys, ive told gareth he can choose boys name ill choose girls, BUT.... i have to authorise his choice 1st, haha.

my boobs also seemed to have calmed down now, mit be something to do with the non underwired bra my mums bought me, i DONT like the new blue veins that have appeared tho, not nice but again worth it

11/01/2008 at 09:54
Morning Ladies!How is every one today? Im cold and wet!! Got soaked on the way to work and  now im sat in a cold office in wet jeans!! Its horrible!! Ah well only working till 12:30 so not too long to go!!My sickness is passing I think! I still feel sick some times but haven't actually been sick for a while!! Im finding eating little and often is really working for me!!Went and ordered my new cooker and Fridge freezer yesterday! We only moved in to our new house about 3 months ago and when we moved in the kitchen was in the original state of when it was built in the early 70's!! Needless to say it needed a little work!! We have ordered our whole new kitchen (Worktops and cupboards etc) which is being delivered 2nd Feb and now I have the appliances to go in it too!! Im very excited, how sad is that!?I want the house to be all up together and almost complete by the time baby makes an appearance!Hows every one else today? I have my first appointment with the midwife a week today!! Im very excited!! Counting down the days already!Kate 7+5!xxx
11/01/2008 at 12:16

hi ladies

was just reading a couple of u talking about group b strep i found out i have that in my 2nd pregnancy and had 2 have antibiotics but i didnt get enough in me b4 i gave bitrh so my little baby boy had 2 have it for 48 hours after the birth which was horrible as he had 2 have his hand a lower arm banaged up 2 keep the tube in place 4 the drugs 2 be put in 2.

i didnt have a blood test it was a lower vaginal swab which i had done at the doctors due 2 bleeding in late pregnancy if they do a high viginal swab the results can be wrong but the lower one is normally right just thought i,d let u know as it can be dangerous 2 newborns but like sum of u have said there r far 2 many things 2 worry about these days and i had my first son with no problems at all and didnt know i had it then. but will unfortanatly have 2 have antibiotics this time cause wouldnt take the risk knowing i have got it

speak soon

Abbi 10+6 xx

11/01/2008 at 14:13

Hi All,

Haven't been on-line for a few days cuz been feeling pants! Now feeling sick most of the day...hormones driving me wild and feeling really depressed. Hope it gets better soon!

I've just booked the Integrated Test at the Wolfson Institute in London. Its a bit of a haul from Devon, but it gives better results than the Combined test which you can pay for down here....and, believe it or not, its cheaper!!! the main problem with the Combined test is that it has a 4% false positive rate, whereas the Integrated is only 1%. Whilst I appreciate nothing is infallible, I'll be 38 this year, OH is 46 and we really need to know what the chances are of 'Newt' having a chromosomal abnormality. It is a very emotive subject and such decisions are always very personal. My sister is due to give birth next month and didn't want any tests done, but the nuchal fold scan and blood tests are done automatically where she lives in France. She has been told everything is fine, but even if there had been a problem, she wouldn't have done anything about it. My OH and I have already made the decision on what to do depending on the results....

Oh, and in France, my sister has scans every 4 weeks...even had a 3D/4D scan at 24 weeks - didn't ask for it, it was just done!!! Yet, I have been told by my Dr, midwife and 2 consultants that its not necessarily a good idea to have too many scans if there if no medical reason for it. Indeed, I've been told that if I want a 3D/4D scan at 24 weeks, its best not to have the anomily scan at 18-20 wks!! I was advised against an early scan...just wanted to know that I wasn't making it up!!...as that is no clear knowledge that it is or in't healthy for the foetus!.....needless to say, I didn't have it!

Anyway, enough of this, else we'll all be depressed!

It is amazing how much the advice changes over the years. My mum keeps harping on about no pain relief available when she had and my sister (who's 31), no disposable nappies, using baby powder etc.....LOL . I guess more knowledge can be good as well as a bad thing! Although, there were definately less allergies around when I was a kiddie!!!

Gotta go lay down now....feeling icky AGAIN

Ciao...Kat x 

11/01/2008 at 14:38

Hi everyone & babies! Hope you are all doing ok & those feeling icky are starting to feel a bit better now its nearly mid afternoon.

I just thought I'd let you know that my scan today was fine thank goodness - the heartbeat was nice & strong! Unfortunately they couldnt tell me much more because my bladder wasnt full enough but to me felt like it was going to pop - a reason is behind it though. not good.

Went to bed feeling awful yesterday so this is just a warning to you all as I have been ignoring the signs for the last few days thinking that it was because I was pregnant! Sorry if this is too much info. For the last few days Id noticed that my wee was very yellow & had been feeling a bit dizzy from time to time. Yesterday afternoon I needed to go to the loo practically every half an hour it felt like I was bursting too. When I went there wasnt all that much & by the time I had been for about the 12th time yesterday afternoon it started to sting I just thought it was from wiping etc. Went to bed with chills even though had a soaring temperature & throughout the night woke up in cold sweats, had a real ache in my kidneys & needed to pee a lot even though hardly anything came out.

So rang the doc this morning he told me to go down straight away - man i feel like I live there at the mo & it annoys me as I dont like bothering them really & dont go often at all. I had to do a pee in a pot & this is gross sorry it was cloudy & there were bits in it. They dipped the stick in & there was traces of keytones, blood & protein. Not good. Bladder infection. I have never had one before in my life! Typical now I get one when I am pregnant but apparently & this is why I am telling you they are very common in first & last trimesters because of the pressure on your bladder. The scary thing is they can lead to miscarriage if they are not treated!

Unfortunately I am allergic to a lot of antibiotics including 3 of the 4 safe to take in pregnancy. I've never had the one Ive been prescribed before (I havent had them anyway for 10 years) but since I am allergic to penecillin there is a 10% chance I will be to this one too. I hope not. I am really scared now that if they dont get this infection under control then the baby could come to harm.

God sorry I need to whine.... I wanted to enjoy being pregnant but have spent the entire time so far petrified! I've had spotting red & brown & now this & its only week 8!

Hope everyone else is doing better than me.

x

11/01/2008 at 16:02

sounds like u r really going through the mill sarah hopfully cause the first part of the pregnancy has been bad the rest will be great 4 u.

i also had 2 wee in pot tuesday and have water infection but is starting 2 ease off now so hope the tablets are ok and u 2 start 2 get better soon.

is everyone like me just looking forward 2 being12 weeks i cant wait

12/01/2008 at 20:23

HI EVERYONE

SEEMS LIKE WE ARE ALL HAVING A GROTTY TIME THIS WEEK.  I HAVE TOO, ONE DAY I'M OK THE NEXT I'M FEELING SICK. ICE LOLLIES ARE THE ANSWER AT THE MO. NORMALLY AT MIDNIGHT WHEN MY TASTE BUDS ARE AT THEIR WITS END.

SOME OF YOU WERE TALKING WATER INFECTION'S, I HAD ONE OVER CHRISTMAS, I COULDN'T STOP BEING SICK AND GOING TO THE LOO.  I THINK I HAVE ONE AT THE MO AS I HAVE BEEN FEELING BAD AND KEEP SPENDING A PENNY ALL THE TIME AND EVEN WHEN I'M NOT ON THE LOO I'M FEELING THE ERGE TO GO.  I THINK IT'S AN APPOINTMENT ON MONDAY.

I HAVE'NT HAD MUCH INVOLVEMENT WITH MY DOCTOR, A MIDWIFE OR THE HOSPITAL.  I WAS TOLD THEY DON'T CONSIDER YOU FULLY PREGNANT UNTIL YOU ARE 12 WEEKS. NOT SURE HOW THAT WORKS THOUGH.  I THINK IT'S WHEN THE EMBREO TURNS IN TO A FETOUS, THATS WHEN THEY TAKE YOU MORE SERIOUS. 

I JUST WANT TO FEEL NORMAL NOW I,VE HAD ENOUGH OF THE SICK FEEELING STAGE NOW.

TALKING BLOOD TESTS I'M THE SAME AS LISA, I'M ON MY FOURTH BABY NOW AND MY OLDEST IS 20 AND I ONLY HAD THE NORMAL TESTS FOR THE LAST THREE AND I'M 40 THIS TIME AND I WILL ONLY HAVE THE STANDARD TESTS THIS TIME, UNLESS THEIR IS ANY INDICATION I NEED FURTHER TESTS.

ANYWAY HOPE WE ALL HAVE A BETTER WEEK NEXT WEEK. I'M 11WEEKS TODAY ROLE ON 12 WEEKS AND NO MORE SICKY FEELING.

HAD TO BUY NEW CLOTHES YESTURDAY WENT TO HENNES AND NEXT, THEY SELL SOME NICE STUFF ALTHOUGH A BIT FRUMPY FOR YOU YOUNGER ONES' 

ALI XX

13/01/2008 at 18:53

Sarah...sending a big hug \0/ hope your feeling better . (glad your scan went well) not been feeling to good my self went to work yesterday morning at 7.30 am and got called back out so after spending a night in A+E with a patient crawled into bed at 7.30 am this morning

got pains in back and stomach feels sore, went last week with similar thing and they said it was nothing done a urine test thy said clear, but it appears stronger so maybe another trip to DRs again

i suffer with IBS so wondering whehther its that to but sitting in hard plastic chair all night didn't help!

anyway fed up of moaning counting the days to 12 weeks to im 9+2 today so getting closer..scan 3 weeks tomorrow

hope everyone has had a nice weekend take care lis x

14/01/2008 at 10:37

morning everyone hope u all had a good weekend and are all starting 2 feel better.

i feel great 2day so excited about my scan thursday just cant wait 2 c my baby has any1 else got a scan this week? i,m 11+2 now so looking forwards 2 saturday and getting 2 that 12 week mark hoping i will stop worring about everything so much.

my morning sickness feeling has passed so i really hope it does aswel 4 those of u who are suffering bad.

take care Abbi x

14/01/2008 at 10:43

Hi Lisa, ive also paid a trip to the docs this morning, was sure i had another water infection, did a sample but everything was normal so he is sending it off to be tested, the amount of times i am going to the loo CANNOT be normal, lol.

Also im abit gutted bcause he had a feel of my tummy and couldnt yet feel my uterus, he says it doesnt rise till 12 weeks but i was hoping i was already 12 weeks my belly seems so big already i assumed i must be further on than i had thought, oh well, scan on weds, i will know for def then, cant wait...

My morning sickness seems to have well and truly passed, also my boobs arent half as sore ( hope this is normal at this stage).

My hormones are really bad tho, had a crying fit yesterday as i felt like im not as happy as i should be,(even tho it is all we have ever wanted and i am delieriousley happy) i feel like we should already of been out and bought ALL of mothercare when all weve got is a couple of vests and  pack of bibs, lol, feel much more happier and reasonable today and luckily its my day off work so i can just chill out, well, once ive finished cleaning and ironing, haha.

hope everyone else is well

sommer

Hope everyone is well

14/01/2008 at 12:22

Morning All,

My sickness cleared at the weekend but had a morning of meetings and couldn't eat so felt really poorly again by midday. (groan!!!)

My OH has a mate staying for a week and is doing my head in. I am so fed up with him being at my house and being so opinionated. I just want my house back. We told him about the pregnancy and he was happy but has since been telling me that I shouldn't be finding my clothes tight or getting new bras...which I did at the weekend!! How would he know being a single annoying man who has never had a baby and never come close!   Rant over!!!

Roll on Saturday when he moves out!!

One week on Thursday till my first midwife appointment...I am so excited!!

Hope everyone is well. Pleased your scan went well Sarah.

Cathy x

14/01/2008 at 15:36

Hey Everyone!!

Only 3 more days till my booking in appointment with the midwife!! Yay!!

I told my sister today that im preggers! I thought she was going to burst with excitement!! She has already had 2 girls who are now 4 and 5 and has said i can have lots of her hand me down things like her swinging crip etc so thats going to make things cheaper for us!!

Im only 8 weeks today... I feel so behind some of you ladies on here who are already off for their 12 week scan soon!! I cant wait to get there!!

Ive been feeling really emotional too lately, OH doesnt help though, one minute hes happy, the next hes saying hes not sure this is what he wants  Too late now!! He has to get use to it!! I hope he'll be ok soon!!

When do you start telling people? You know, family wise? Ive told my mum and my sister and have made them promise they wont say anything to any one!! But what about telling my partners parents? Should I wait till my 12 week scan??

Boobs are killing today!! Its also as if they are too warm!! I just want to get them out my bra and let them cool down!! Guess i better wiat till i get home to do that!! Might get some funny looks in the office otherwise!!

Kate xx

14/01/2008 at 15:36

Afternoon all, hope everyone had a good weekend.

Sarah - how are you going with the antibiotics, all okay I hope? Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time of it - hopefully it will all start to improve soon!

Not much to report here, am still nervous as hell about the lack of sickness I seem to have had thus far but am trying to just not think about it at all if I can help it. Am also hacked off with my protruding stomach (but still secretly think that's down to Christmas and the fact that I still havent managed to cut back on what i'm eating since the festive season, think i'm getting all of my alcohol calories from elsewhere ). Have phoned the hospital and booked myself a scan for Feb 4th so now i'm just going to try and forget about it all til then.

Oh and I also managed to pick up a painful ear infection which is adding to my sleepless nights - bah humbug

Anyway, hope everyone has a relaxed, uneventful week

14/01/2008 at 15:43

Hi Katie, i told everyone as soon as we found out, i look at it as what is to be will be, and i think if you had a mc (god forbid) in the first 12 weeks you would let people know you had one, so why keep the exciting pregnancy a secret, thats my thoughts anyway, lol, hope it helps you decide.

x

14/01/2008 at 15:45

Katie,

I have told my family, they were really excited for us and told my Aunts and Uncles. We have also told my OH's side too.

I am only 8 weeks too!!  Cannot wait till my 12 weeks!!!

Cathy x

14/01/2008 at 15:46

Hi Sommer,

I really wanna tell my mates but struggling with my OH. I think if I lose it then they are gonna be on hand to help me through it anyway.

Cathy x

14/01/2008 at 16:50

Hi everyone.

Sorry to hear there are some poorly ladies out there.... its not fun when you already have enough going on making you feel tired or sick or both!

The question of when to tell people is very personal. This time we have kept it very quiet & only told people we need to tell really. Last time when we unfortunately lost the baby yes it was nice to have support but to see peoples faces be so crushed & then not know what to say to you was hard & so we decided this time that we would tell only who we had to. I cant wait to tell my friends though a lot are asking me & its getting hard to lie to them! Not long now!

Cathy - hope that idiot moves out quickly - sounds like someone you could well do with out bugging you!

I am feeling quite a lot better thanks. The antibiotics seem to be working & so far havent had any adverse reactions to them. Yesterday had a very sickly day.... & I have to say I am getting somewhat fed up of it now but I am not whining as I know its all for good reason & it shouldnt be many more weeks now! Had an emotional outburst yesterday though when I'd been sick for the 14th time & I started blubbing at the Kleenex ad - very appropriate! Anyway I just feel sorry for myself & for my hubby he must be bored as all our weekend plans since Xmas have gone out the window due to my lack of energy or mad bouts of being sick..... he said he doesnt mind as I am doing an important job growing our baby but I cant help feeling guilty he's having to do all the house jobs & make all the meals too which I usually throw up! Can pull my trousers down without undoing the button now so I've lost quite a lot of weight!

Dont worry about not being sick Reive...... 2 of my friends were never sick & never actually felt sick & have very healthy babies - some people it seems just arent affected by the hormones in that way! Doesnt mean your pregnancy isnt going well.

Anyway, better go & do some work. Have just looked at how much maternity pay I will get - that should be interesting & a challenge.... oh well guess we'll all have that one!

Hope you all feel better.

Love Sarah 8+4 x 

14/01/2008 at 16:59

Hi Sarah,

Thanks - my OH is gonna have a little chat with him tonight. If he carries on then thinking I might just stay upstairs in my room. Was really upset at weekend when I found out he ate my fave crisps and my maltesers. which are my treat when I am feeling ok (rare occasion).

I have told my closest mates but my OH has now told a lot of his mates! Lil bugger!

I sympathise with the weekend plans - the idiot kept saying to us at the weekend that we are boring cos we don't go out. I did try to point out there is a reason for it, but don't think he understands. I am due to go out on Friday for someone's birthday...just hope it stays down and also I don't fall asleep. LOL.

Right, off home in a minute!! woohoo!!!

Cathy x

14/01/2008 at 17:09
we've told both sets of parents and my brother and his partner - only because they all guessed though! Everyone in our families know that I am extremely partial to a glass of vino so not drinking over christmas was a bit of a give away! I think I probably wouldn't have told anyone if we'd been able to get away with it.  
14/01/2008 at 19:25

Hi cathy my friends were the 1st people i had told after hubby, mum and daughter, lol, maybe my feelings about it are different as everyone new what we had been through trying to concieve ( 4 +1/2 years then referred for ivf),  so i just HAD to let everyone know our good news it felt like such a miracle had happened.

Everyone is different tho, so people have to do what they feel happiest with.

x

201 to 220 of 3925 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...
MadeForMums
Thinkbaby
Practical Parenting
Junior

Take a peek inside this month's magazine
FREE Baby Flannel plus FREE Thomas and Friends book
Find your nearest stockist here