forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Pregnancy

Due May 2008

1 to 20 of 2562 messages
18/09/2007 at 15:46

Hello,

I found out a few weeks ago I'm pregnant and am going to be 8 weeks on Friday. Had my first midwife appointment today!!!!

Is anyone else due in May 08? My EDD is 2nd.

Katie xoxo

18/09/2007 at 17:13

Hi Katie,

Firstly congrats! Are you as scared as me??

so far I've only seen my doctor as my midwife is on holiday, how's your early symptoms been? I've had hardly any morning sickness, just a few days around when my missed period was due...other than that I just feel tired at night and need to pee a lot! Do you or anyone else know if this is normal?

I'm a little worried and have no-one to talk to for advice..

Any help or advice is very welcome x

19/09/2007 at 08:54

Hi Emma,

Congrats to you too!

I found on at the end of August and was in total shock. We've been trying for a few months but decided in July to just let it happen whenever. We didn't even think about it and it happened!

My sickness has been awful. I feel constantly sick but have only been sick once. I'm at the toilet all the time too which is normal (or so I hear!).

Midwife yesterday was lovely. I feel like I don't want to get excited until I've had my scan at 12wk.

Do you know when your due date is?

I'm glad there's someone to talk to now!

Katie xoxo

19/09/2007 at 12:26

hey girls ... well i only found out yesterday that i'm preggie! scary stuff since we weren't trying at all! My boyfriend is still in a state of shock ... does it take all men ages to recover?

I'm off to the doctor on friday morning - do you have any super duper questions to ask the GP? I've got no idea???

It's nice to know that there are people out there that are scared too!

Look forward to hearing from you

Michelle xx

19/09/2007 at 12:53

Hi Michelle,

Congratulations! How far on do you think you are.

My boyfriend was in total shock at first. We both were as we thought it would never happen. But now he seems to have accepted it. It's me who thinks it's all in my head!

Katie xoxo

19/09/2007 at 20:36

Hello Everyone

I'm 8 weeks pregnant, due 30th April, but think I might be a May 08 mum.  Past the stages of cramping, but still getting the occasional twinge when I sneeze etc!   

Had my midwife appointment for booking in, she was lovely and gave me so much info.  The Doctors appointment consisted of me telling him I was pregnant and him saying congratulations.  That was it.  Glad the midwife was so nice.

I'm the same as you Katie, I keep saying to my OH that I think its all in my head!

Let me know if you find some miracle cure for 'morning sickness'.  Mine kicks in approx 3pm and lasts til early evening.  This makes for interesting teatime experiences.  Cant eat anything with mince in now, thats our staple diet of chilli and spaghetti bolognese out the window!  Thank god for Rice Crispies!!

Allison x 

20/09/2007 at 09:05

Just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS to all new mummies.

Hope you dont mind me gatecrashing your thread, Im from the September thread and was due last Monday, stubborn little bugger doesnt want to come out, I am being induced tomorrow.

Just wanted to say I suffered from morning sickness but it was morning and evening sickness, I found sipping on ginger ale and nibbling on arrow root biscuits helped especially in the mornings.

You are all completely normal thinking its all in your head but the morning sickness, sore boobs and being an emotional wreck at times will make it feel soo much more real.

Good Luck and take care - Jo (41+3weeks)

20/09/2007 at 09:07

Hello Ladies,

Thanks for your congrats Katie, I think I'm about 7 weeks gone. I'm like you Katie, I don't want to get excited about things till 12 weeks and the weeks seem to be passing sooo slowly! My other half is being great really supportive and really protective. I think he's scared of anything happening, more for my sake than his own, which is really sweet as this masculine neccessity to protect is really re-assuring.

I really appreciate having someone to talk to because I had a similar experience as Allison with my doctor, and the only person outside my relationship who knows outside my relationship is my best friend, who suffered a miscarriage a couple of months ago so its difficult to talk to her as I'm frightened of upsetting her..so thanks guys...its nice to talk to people going through similar experiences..

Em x

20/09/2007 at 09:47

Morning!

How is everyone today?

Thanks for the tips Jo, hope you go into labour soon. Let us know when you have him/her.

Congrats Alison! Because my due date is 2nd May I'm thinking what if I'm early and have the baby in April!

I tried to keep it quiet  but after telling my Mum, the whole town knows! And at work they kind of guessed as I had just put my notice in before I found out. Once I found out I retracted my notice so I oculd get the benefits of maternity pay etc. So no secrets with me!

In the past two years I've had 4 of my friends miscarry. It's put the wind up me and I think that's the reason I'm more worried. But I'm trying to think positive!

My doc confirmed the pregnancy and then I had to make an appointment with the midwife. All that has gone well so just waiting for scan app. I'm like you Emma, time seems to be dragging. I just wish it would speed up so I know everything is OK and I can start to let go a bit and get excited.

Considering I'm only 8 weeks, my stomach is swelled and is huge! Non of my trousers fit! I was a petite 8 before and they just won't fasten. Wonder if it's because I'm only small (4ft 11) and it's going to show more easy on me when I put weight on? (Well, I'll tell myself that but really I'm just eating too much!)

Katie xoxo

20/09/2007 at 10:16

Wanted to congratulate you all - I'm due in around 3wks and everything you are saying at the moment I remember saying in Feb/March. I had the feeling of sickness all day long, although I was never actually sick, the doctor told me just to try and eat when you can. I also remember the wish for it to speed up and believe me the time will just fly by eventually and you'll wonder where the last 8 months have disappeared to!

20/09/2007 at 13:32

Hi, i found out yesterday i am due may 08 too. Huge shock at first i have 3 kids already and got caught on the pill with this one.

my other 3 children were 10lb 2oz,   10lb 12oz and  11lb 3oz so you can imagine how woried i feel thinking off the size this new one will be. I had them all natural with just gas and air so im determined to see what an epidural will be like time round.

I've been married 4yrs and im only 24 my kids are 5, 3 and 16mnth and i find myself thinking wonder what people must think about me. My husband has a good job the kids are little dreams no trouble at all, so i think if im happy stuff it!!

Good luck in your pregnancy hope all turns out well, Dawn

20/09/2007 at 14:26

Hi All

Just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Tip for the sickness, try the acupressure travel sickness wristbands, they worked wonders for me as I was being sick all day.

Good luck

Anna 35+3

20/09/2007 at 14:37

Hey Dawn,

I wouldn't worry your head about what other people think, as long as your happy who cares about age, number of kids etc etc you go for it and be happy sod everyone else..

xx

p.s your bambino's were biggies!! I hadn't even thought that far ahead yet...good grief pass my the drugs quick!!

20/09/2007 at 15:40

I totally agree Dawn. Who cares what other people think. I'm only 22! Been with my bloke 8 years now (lived together 4).

OMG, just been into another office at work and a girl said to me, oh look at your belly. I wanted to cry! Yes I know I'm fat, please don't point it out!

Katie xoxo

20/09/2007 at 21:53

Hiya girls!

I'll be 8 weeks on Sunday, haven't seen midwife yet apparently that happens around here when your'e nearer 12 weeks just before your first scan. So I'm sitting at home waiting to talk to someone and eager to get a dating scan!

I had bleeding the day after I tested, not alot but enough to make a trip to the Drs. He told me it was totally normal, happened again two days after that but I still got a positive back from the Lab the following week.

Since then I've had cramping very low down, almost like period pains nearly twice a day. I've read it's normal too, but cant help but worry a little.

I'm sure I'll feel better once I've seen the midwife.

Thats my moans over with!

I'm just soooooo happy to be finally preg, after exactly a year of trying! We had our first Wedding Anniversary last weekend, so we're feeling very complete! Fingers crossed the next 7 months go well for us all.

Claire xx

20/09/2007 at 23:15

hey ... congrats to the new mums that have joined our chat!

I have a question for those of you that are a little bit further on than me (i'm just 4 weeks !!!) - do you cry at random nothingness? i have moments - particularly when i'm on the tube - how embarassing - where i just want to burst into tears! I find that its particularly when i'm tired as well! which is quite often!!! does it last forever??? i hope not!

on the brighter side of things ... my mum and sister have already started looking at baby clothes! They're really excited .. it's good to have some support when you feel so hormonal!!!

and its nice to have you all to chat to as well!!! thanks

21/09/2007 at 09:03

Hi Everyone,

Michelle it is totally normal. Or I hope so, I started crying on the way to work the other day because a sad song came on my stereo. I couldn't believe it. I cry more when I feel sick. Suffering really badly with it. But ginger ale is helping a bit.

I'm sure the cramping is normal Claire. You must be over the moon to get your BFP after a year of trying. Look after yourself and I'm sure everything will be fine.

I feel so sick today. Sorry to moan but it just won't go away! I would much rather be sick than feel sick but it just isn't happening!

Moan over.

Katie xoxo

21/09/2007 at 10:16

The cramps are totally normal its everything stretching and changing, and the tears and mood swings are normal too.

I am 6 weeks roughly and want to get excited but wont untill my 12 week scan. I had a miscarrige before having my other 3 kids so its always a constant fear.

The dreaded trips to the toilet and the fear of seeing any blood, Pregnancy is supposed to be an enjoyable time but with my other 3 it was hell, the constant worry and the kick charts you have to do making sure you count 10 kicks a day and if you dont then phone the midwife or hospital.

Im having my 4th baby now and the worry gets worse your not supposed to lift when your pregnant but you have no choice when you have to carry your other kids to bed and look after them lifting them in and out of high chairs etc.

Is anyone else going throu theese awful first 12 weeks fearing miscarrige? would like to know im not alone. 

21/09/2007 at 10:21

Dawn I am! Although I've never been pg, I've had lots of friends miscarry and seeing them go though it was awful! And I dread going to the toilet too. Thought  it was me going mad! I'm trying not to dwell on it too much because worrying makes things worse doesn't it?

We have to think positive! Are the feelings your getting this time around the same as with your other 3 kids?

Katie xoxo

21/09/2007 at 10:35

Yes the same worry as with the other 3 kids i cant stand the first 12weeks its sooooooo awfull ,trying not to dwell on it and be positive.

Scared of coughing and sneezing all the same worries. You think this is worrying wait untill the baby is born the fear of cot death kicks in then.

The things we go through to have kids its a constant time of worry but its all worth it in the end. 

1 to 20 of 2562 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...
MadeForMums
Thinkbaby
Practical Parenting
Junior

Take a peek inside this month's magazine
FREE Baby Flannel plus FREE Thomas and Friends book
Find your nearest stockist here