forum
You are looking at: Home : Forum : Pregnancy

Due October 2012

41 to 60 of 164 messages
08/03/2012 at 07:31

That is great Karen 

Ok I've worked it out that I am due October 29 

Boy they aren't wrong about the wind you get   

Don't know yet when to tell our families. 

08/03/2012 at 09:37

Hi again everyone, forgot I'd posted on here! I'm blaming baby brain

By my dates I'm 9+4 today, and we have a scan booked for 29th March which still seems far too far away for my liking! I'm a tad impatient! I'm getting a bit ahead of myself and looking at prams and stuff already, but, I feel so positive about this pregnancy it's hard not to get excited and buy things. Found a lovely Red Kite parent facing pram for just over £120, sooo tempted...

Is anyone else showing already? I've got a rather significant bump already! My family already know, because I had an accident on Sunday morning and as the paramedics were trying to shove ibuprofen down my throat I had to try and explain that I couldn't take them O_o My parent's faces were a picture! Certainly made me forget the pain, that's for sure! We're telling my boyfriend's mum and sister this weekend.

Also haven't heard hide nor hair of a midwife yet... Going to give it til next week then call her if she hasn't made contact I think. Hope you're all well xxx

08/03/2012 at 10:19

Hi Emz,

You should call the midwife and get an appointment made, I don't even know what I should and sholdn't eat at the moment - mine is supposed to be calling me tomorrow.

That pram sounds good, some of them I have seen are stupidly expensive. 

I am so hungry today, I had breakfast at 07.00, a banana at 09.00 and now I am hungry again

Anyone know how long implantation bleeding usually lasts?  I've had 5 days of it now.

Do you find that it's more the evening that your belly feels like it's stretching?

Am getting so tired already, night time bathrooms trip contributing

Anyone know about using household cleaners like kitchen cleaner?  Are they safe to use when pregnant?  

08/03/2012 at 12:22

Yeah think I'll give her a call tomorrow, it said if not heard by 10 weeks and I'm 10 weeks on Sunday, if the dates are right. Some of the prams are stupidly expensive, my only stipulation was that baby was definitely facing me for at least the first few months, so I want something that can be reversed either way. 

I'm proper hungry as well, alll the time. I'm not sure about the implantation bleeding but hopefully your midwife can put your mind at rest when she calls you

I'm still using standard kitchen and bathroom cleaners, I've never been told not to. I would Google it but sometimes that just makes me worry even more lol

xx

08/03/2012 at 19:03

Hello

Well I'm 8 weeks tomorrow and had the midwife appt yesterday.  Scan will be the day or two before I fly when they book it in - just about managing it at 11 weeks! Will be lovely as I'll have a little pic of a jelly-bean to show the family when we visit them!  

Jackie I think there are a few websites like this one and babycentre, which give exactly the same information about what to eat (and not) - I have not found anything new in the NCT Preg. book (that I got from charity shop for 50p at the weekend  nor in the NHS whopper that the nurse gave me yesterday.  They all say about the same stuff really.  

I feel sicker in the afternoons and in the lead-up to meals, I guess that's because of hunger.  I think it's quite hard not doubling your calorie intake just to stave that off, but I guess that's where healthy snacks are a good idea.  Even though there's a tempting cake table at work that often wins!!

And stretching tummy, I can't work out whether I am or not yet.  I keep meaning to take a photo but haven't got round to it yet.  Have any of you?  

The implantation bleeding - when does that happen? 

Anyway, sorry this has gone on and on... it's nice to be hearing from others at the same stage though!

Gilly.

08/03/2012 at 22:44

not everyone actually sees the implantation bleed do not panic.

They told me with my first pregnancy I was having an implantation bleed and I was actually miscarrying so maybe without panicing too much get checked out.

I have been feeling sick all day for the past few days, something that helped it today was an iced pineapple and mango smoothy from macdonalds!!

I called my midwife today ( as I had an awful pregnancy last time - I have her private number) I dont trust the doctors they tried to convince me I had preclamsia last time but I didnt!! She has booked me in for an early pregnancy scan next wednesday so I'll get to see my little bean then

I have missed two periods so I could be anything from 5-9 weeks guess we'll find out!!

Take care all xx Jenny

12/03/2012 at 19:29

Hello

Seems a bit quiet for a few days, everyone OK? - just thought I'd see if anyone has had an exciting "tell the family" weekend just gone?

Ours is next weekend, quite loking forward to it!

Gilly X

13/03/2012 at 07:04

Hi Gilly,

We were supposed to, I was supposed to be meeting my boyfriend's mum and sister for the first time (after nearly a year :/) and we were going to tell them then, but we never saw them in the end. Not entirely sure why, wasn't really given an explanantion so didn't bother asking lol. We've told my parents, though. My children also inadvertantly found out yesterday - because my ex popped over and can't seem to keep his mouth shut -  and I've been bombarded with questions ever since, but they seem happy enough. 

Finally got round to leaving the MW a message yesterday as I'm 10+2 now and still not heard a peep from her, sure I should be seeing her within the next week or so. Just over 2 weeks til our scan, as well! Excited much.

Hope everyone is well.

xx

15/03/2012 at 21:26

Hello

Can I join you as I may be due in Oct (or Nov) with baby no.3 DD1 is 4 and DD2 is 16mths 

My LMP was in Jan 2010 as I was breastfeeding my DD2 when I finally gave up at the begining of Feb I didn't get a period so did a test and it was +ve!!!! So really have no idea how many weeks I am....

Fi

17/03/2012 at 09:42

Oo - that's quite exciting isn't it! Well congratulations and welcome.  When will you go have your dating scan if you have no idea?  

Gilly.

17/03/2012 at 12:26

Hi Fiona, welcome! How exciting!

I'm feeling ok at the moment - just sort of getting used to the fact that there really is something in there - even though I don't feel much different, really. The bloat and the digestive system have settled a bit so I feel more human, but the sore breasts and the exhaustion persist.....;)

18/03/2012 at 20:58

I'm with you on the exhaustion - off to bed now! And very dodgy tummy - getting quite tired of that too.  

Told my parents this weekend - they are chuffed to bits that they'll be grandparents.  And my brother and granny who'll now be a Great (if she can remember our conversation this morning...

Just a quickie - I'm planning on signing up for the local NCT antenatal and yoga classes, although the antenatal course isn't till September.  Does anyone who's been through this before recommend them over the local NHS ones?  

20/03/2012 at 14:34

Hi Everyone,i am due on the 28th of October with my 1st baby.My fiance and i are so excited but very nervous at the same time.

20/03/2012 at 15:02

Still new people joining! Hi Hayley. I'm due 17th - and same - it's the first, so excited and nervous sums it up.  How does anyone know they will be OK parents?

How are you feeling, sick and exhausted? or fine?

22/03/2012 at 09:38

Hi Gillyoz , feeling ok just tired and feeling slighty sick

25/03/2012 at 11:50

Hello Hayley! I will add you to the summary list in a moment.

Gillyoz  - everyone I know who has been the the NCT classess has thoroughly recommended them. Unlike the NHS ones they tend to group you with people who are more or less due at the same time which helps with the shared experiences and they tend to live local - so you make good friends. The NHS ones are a mixed bag, and open to all where as the NCT have to be paid for which tends to mean you get a different socio-economic mix - if you see what I mean.

K

25/03/2012 at 12:00

Right, here we go witht he updaed list:

<span style="color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"> <span style="color: black; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS','sans-serif'; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-language: EN-GB;">Jackie(Magenta) (Jackie) Baby no 1 Due 29 Oct

<span style="color: black; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS','sans-serif'; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-language: EN-GB;">Em & Jacob (Em) Baby no 2 Due 17th Oct

<span style="color: black; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS','sans-serif'; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-language: EN-GB;">Abimam05 (Realname?) Baby no 2 Due 20th Oct

<span style="color: black; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS','sans-serif'; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-language: EN-GB;">Nad 3 Pad (Realname?) Baby no 1 Due 20th Oct

<span style="color: black; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS','sans-serif'; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-language: EN-GB;">Gillyoz (Gilly) Baby no 1 Due 15th (ish!) Oct

<span style="color: black; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS','sans-serif'; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-language: EN-GB;">Murdoch (Realname?) Baby no 4 Due 19th Oct

<span style="color: black; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS','sans-serif'; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-language: EN-GB;">Elmo1986 (Em) Baby no 3 Due ???? Oct

<span style="color: black; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS','sans-serif'; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-language: EN-GB;">ShezMcQ (Sheryl) Baby no ?? Due ???? Oct

<span style="color: black; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS','sans-serif'; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-language: EN-GB;">Dana Dawson (Dana) Baby no 4 due 18th Oct

<span style="color: black; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS','sans-serif'; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-language: EN-GB;">Sophstar (Sophie) Baby no 1 due 15th Oct

<span style="color: black; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS','sans-serif'; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-language: EN-GB;">Emz_M (Emily) Baby no 1? Due 8th Oct

<span style="color: black; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS','sans-serif'; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-language: EN-GB;">Karen W (Karen) Baby no 1 Due 19th Oct

<span style="color: black; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS','sans-serif'; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-language: EN-GB;">Poolqueen33 (Jenny) Baby no 2 Due ??? Oct

<span style="color: black; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS','sans-serif'; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-language: EN-GB;">Fiona Chester (Fiona) Baby no 3 Due end Oct

<span style="color: black; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS','sans-serif'; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Time

25/03/2012 at 12:02

Crikey - don't know what happened to the post above!

Here's the updated list:

Magenta22 (Jackie) Baby no 1 Due end Oct

Em & Jacob (Em) Baby no 2 Due 17th Oct

Abimam05 (Realname?) Baby no 2 Due 20th Oct

Nad 3 Pad (Realname?) Baby no 1 Due 20th Oct

Gillyoz (Gilly) Baby no 1 Due 15th (ish!) Oct

Murdoch (Realname?) Baby no 4 Due 19th Oct

Elmo1986 (Em) Baby no 3 Due ???? Oct

ShezMcQ (Sheryl) Baby no ?? Due ???? Oct

Dana Dawson (Dana) Baby no 4 due 18th Oct

Sophstar (Sophie) Baby no 1 due 15th Oct

Emz_M (Emily) Baby no ?? Due 8th Oct

Karen W (Karen) Baby no 1 Due 19th Oct

Poolqueen33 (Jenny) Baby no 2 Due ???

Fiona Chester (Fiona) Baby no 3 Due end Oct

Hayley Hamster (Hayley) Baby no 1 Due 28th Oct

Haven't heard from some of you for a while - please update us on how you are!

28/03/2012 at 14:10

Hi all im due 1st october with my 3rd . I have 2 girls already one 12 and the other is coming up 22 months. Hope you are all well and enjoying your pregnancies.

05/04/2012 at 16:18

Yepp the wind is quite bad Jackie! My partner just laughs at me now lol Its kind of got better recently though as the weeks go on! xx

41 to 60 of 164 messages
Sign me up!
What is the MadeForMums network?

Tell me about...
MadeForMums
Thinkbaby
Practical Parenting
Junior

Take a peek inside this month's magazine
FREE Baby Flannel plus FREE Thomas and Friends book
Find your nearest stockist here